Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question: First time cloning and growing from a clone....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question: First time cloning and growing from a clone....

I wanted to experiment with cloning a plant, and had great (100% success) by following GWE article: Cannabis Cloning Made Easy… Roots in 7-10 Days!

Here is my question. After transplanting the clone (using organic soil for the first time) the growth on the nodes appears to be extremely biased. One side of the node appears to be growing at a significantly faster rate than the other side.

I was hoping to create a manifold...however this could prove to be challenging if this continues. Is this normal?

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3379a.jpg Views:	0 Size:	642.1 KB ID:	577112

Grow Tent: 3' x 3' x 72", 4' x 4' x 80"
    Grow Lights: 2 x Vivosun VS1000, Vivosun VS2000, HLG 600
    Grow Medium (Bubba Kush): Coco/Perlite Hydroponics Flora Trio
    Grow Medium (White Widow): Coco/Perlite,General Hydroponics Flora Trio

you can still manifold her. you may have to vertically tie down the longer side, more then the shorter side, until they are equal, if that makes sense.

Comment

• UberMensch
      UberMensch commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, that is what I was thinking would have to be done. It will probably add a bit to the veg time. Thanks for the response.
      Last edited by UberMensch; 09-25-2022, 11:44 AM.

Yes you can still manifold just allow more time, they'll need more adjusting as she grows an gets bigger. Clones do grow abit wildly until you tame them. Don't be hesitaint to treat her as a normal seed grow, she'll grow out won't even know she was a clone.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• UberMensch
      UberMensch commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks SoOrbudgal. I expected the nodes might be asymetric, however I was not expecting the growth on the individual nodes to present this much of a difference. Yes indeed, they do grow a bit different than seed.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X