Question about Photo Period

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about Photo Period

I am a little late planting seeds (June 9th). If I plant a few seeds would they still bloom in October? I planted some Bruce Banner around April 15th but had trouble with my LED lights and they went to bloom... Muskie Man
    Potting Soil Pro-Mix HP.
    Grow Light Phlizon 1200 watts LED grow light.
    Grow Tent 36 inches by 36 inches by 72 inches high.
    Circulation 2 six inch fans.
    Humidity 48% to 54% depending when I water the plants.
    Temperature 70 degrees F. with lights off. 78 degrees F. with lights on.

We are talking about photos yes, it is the length of daylight that determines when they bloom. You should expect a typical harvest due date. The difference will be a shorter veg time which will translate to a smaller plant.

I think I misunderstood your question. Are you going to put these outside? Did your light fail and put them in early bloom? Are we talking about the same plants or a restart?
    Last edited by Ckbrew; 06-09-2022, 01:05 PM.
    Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

Ckbrew, yes they are photos. I started the plants on April 15th to go outside on May 15th but my light failed and sent them into bloom. Started a few seeds to go outside on June 6th with the idea that photos react to the amount of sun they get... Muskie Man
      Potting Soil Pro-Mix HP.
      Grow Light Phlizon 1200 watts LED grow light.
      Grow Tent 36 inches by 36 inches by 72 inches high.
      Circulation 2 six inch fans.
      Humidity 48% to 54% depending when I water the plants.
      Temperature 70 degrees F. with lights off. 78 degrees F. with lights on.

Comment

Hi MuskieMan if i were in your shoes i'd look at the seeds you have with the shortest bloom time possible. Those are the types of photos i try to us outside. Most time i can harvest in mid Oct. at the latest but man if you go with big sativas you may be looking at thanksgiving and for sure you'd need overhead protection if they go that long. I had one stuffed inside the greenhouse till thanksgiving
        Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
        indoor/outdoor grower
        1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
        Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
        Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• MuskieMan
          MuskieMan commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for the response SoOrbudgal. I started a few Grandaddy Purple seeds 80% Indica and 20% Sativa and they supposedly have an 8 to 9 week bloom time. Learning from my screw up, (details below) I could probably block the sun for a few days in early August to force them into bloom. What do you think?

I started some Bruce Banner but my light quit working and were dark for 3 days and went to bloom. Funny to see 14 inch plants with small white hairs all over the place. I will get a little weed from them... Muskie Man

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X