Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Colloidal silver to force a male- is this what is supposed to happen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ckbrew
    commented on 's reply
    Being willing to helping someone and share experience is never a waste of time. Ty for your contribution.

• GroBuddy
    replied
    I appreciate you making me feel like I wasted my time stopping what I was doing to text all that shit out giving you the information you asked for plus some

Leave a comment:

• Going2fast
    replied
    This Seeds item by Twenty20Mendocino has 276 favorites from Etsy shoppers. Ships from Hydesville, CA. Listed on Sep 18, 2023

Leave a comment:

• Going2fast
    replied
    Silver thiosulfate.

Leave a comment:

• Ckbrew
    commented on 's reply
    What is sts?

• Going2fast
    replied
    Haven't used Cs but use sts spray. With sts you apply once every 5 days. Had nanners by day 15. None have opened yet. I sprayed the entire plant of one and just a branch of another. It stunted the whole plant but not severely. I've heard Cs spray can be hit and miss. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20220527_185506640_HDR.jpg
Views:	875
Size:	3.71 MB
ID:	566221

Leave a comment:

• GroBuddy
    replied
    Yes you sprayed foliage try not to do that if it gets like that its okay but try not to spray foliage. I don't use colloidal silver but buy tiresias mist 20$ off Amazon. What I do is use a piece of cardboard to try and block mist from hitting foliage or surrounding branches. I'll use it 2ce a day but that second week i may do 2ce but I'll work my way down to 1ce a day due to foliage looking like that. It's hard to not get some spray on foliage

I'll only buy seeds once if I like the strain I'll make more seeds. Or I'm fixing to start crossing nana glue photo with a autoflower when I find a auto worth crossing with it. I grow autos outdoors 365 days a year. Be nice to pull some real good bud like that every 100-120 days round about. Especially for free lol basically

If you use amazon and dont use Amazon Smile throwing it out there you can. Using Amazon smile allows you to donate to various causes without charging extra. I donate to NORML they work on cannabis reform
    Last edited by GroBuddy; 05-29-2022, 04:21 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Ckbrew
    replied
    There is a reason for this madness I think I thought. The object is to produce feminized seed from two plants, both clones from the same mother, a brother sister kind of thing, therefore ensuring a pure strain from mother to seed. Seed is for storage of genetics and ease of propagation next year. Why go through all this? What a rabbit hole I fell into. The strain in question is from last year. It was supposed to be chocholope but was not. What it was turned out to be one of my favorite all time strains that have been encountered. It is very aromatic. When trimming the mother I started to wonder why I smelled diesel when there was none on the property. It was the plant. Later it smelled like pine trees. Like in your face pine tree. It smelled like pine oil (an old kind of cleaner we used to use in the latrines) that was made of pine extract. So much so that if someone offered me some and I smelled that I would have turned it down because it smelled like pine cleaner. BUT- because I knew better because I knew what was in it, or not in it, I tried it. And there became my quest.

Now unknown to me at the time, but someone in that tent last year hermied. There were two possibilities, one a bag seed grown in a solo cup that hermied, and a plant that came from 2 years ago grow known as One of Four. That is plant #1 of 4 plants in a tent, and one hermied but it is unknown which one.

So now reality- my genetics for the "perfect" plant are not pure. The seed that came from the mother that was the favorite plant was spawned by an unknown. Now that I see the plant, it has many of it's father's traits, and no hint of that sweet diesel smell. But I started this project back in March not knowing if the father was another plant or from the same plant as the mother. Know what I mean, like a self-hermie. Anyway, like chasing a dream in the sky, my starting genetics may be flawed, but the wheels are in motion. If I quit now, I will not gain the knowledge of how to do this. I'm talking in circles and there are lobsters calling me.

Leave a comment:

• Colloidal silver to force a male- is this what is supposed to happen?

I'm using colloidal silver to force a female plant to become a male to produce pollen. Spraying down the bud sites once a day in the morning just before feeding. I have read about it, but have not seen any pix on what to expect from the plant when the silver is applied except for the end product. The plant is 9 days from flip, has shown some stretch, no sign of any type of flower male or female. In general the foliage looks healthy except for the stunting, curling, and misshapen leaves near the buds that get soaked from over spray. Some are stunted, some curled like from heat stress, others look kind of like mini spinach leaves. Not that I am worried about it- what it is, just wondering if this is an expected result of applying the silver. I suppose this entire process is designed to stress out the plant to cause it to hermie in a semi controlled manner. Is this what is supposed to happen?

BTW if anyone has done this, how much colloidal silver did you use? I'm running about 30ml per day. At this rate it will get expensive.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20220529_123103-A.jpg Views:	1 Size:	532.9 KB ID:	566122Click image for larger version  Name:	20220529_123143-A.jpg Views:	0 Size:	447.0 KB ID:	566123Click image for larger version  Name:	20220529_123230-A.jpg Views:	0 Size:	535.0 KB ID:	566124Click image for larger version  Name:	20220529_123347-A.jpg Views:	0 Size:	358.3 KB ID:	566125
    Last edited by Ckbrew; 05-29-2022, 02:43 PM.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X