Soil and Food

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Soil and Food

Hello everyone! This post is more for the smaller scale indoor growers that don't necessarily have the big fancy-schmancy setups but anyone is welcome to chime in. I'm hoping you will share things like what soil you're using, the nutes are working best for you or which ones haven't worked for you. Are you growing organic or non-organic?

Me? My growing space is a spare closet (for now). I've grown in Happy Frog/Ocean Forest mix, Coast of Maine Stonington Blend/Happy Frog mix and my current grow is the Promix HP and Stonington Blend mix. I'm not exactly thrilled with the Promix HP idea but hey, I thought I'd give it a try.
    My lighting is Flora Gear Flora S4 and my current nutrient that I'm using with the Promix HP and Stonington Blend is Green Planet Medi One (anyone else heard of this) I personally think there are too many lines of nutrients out on the market. Which leads me to asking, " what are the best lines of nutrients)

Some time in the future I'd love to grow outdoors and have 2-4 four plants 4-6 feet tall...but I'd also like to win the lottery too lol

Thanks for all your future responses!

I use the Fox Farm trio in Ocean Forest soil.
    Photo Grow: 2 Strawberry Cough
    Manifold Training
    4x2x6 Grow Tent
    (2) ViparSpectras 450W LED
    AC Infinity Cloudline T6 & Carbon Filter
    Extra Fan, Humidifier
    FFOF Soil
    FF Trio Nutes
    Temp: 80* RH: 50%
    Well Water Adjusted to 6.5 ph

Comment

• demcc3
      demcc3 commented
      Editing a comment
      I don't remember going solo with FF OF and FF Trio. I know I've cut the OF with FF Happy Frog before. How is FF trio working for you?

• RetiredGuy
      RetiredGuy commented
      Editing a comment
      Bowhunterwoody, interesting,I had the same pH issue with 50/50 HF/OF. By the time my plants were big enough to water sufficiently to collect runoff the pH was mid 5s.

• Bowhunterwoody
      Bowhunterwoody commented
      Editing a comment
      RetiredGuy yea I'm thinking of adding a little dolomite lime to the final pots of my outdoor grow this year. Happened twice to me with FFOF. Same batch though.

Have you ever used Stonington Blend by itself for a grow?
    Soil: Coast of Maine Stonington Blend, perlite; Seedlings: CoM org potting soil
    Indoor: 2 x 5.5 x 8' Closet grow
    Viparspectra XS2000; EnjoYield 220W full spectrum light added during flower
    Various size fabric grow bags
    Cal-Mag & GH Trio if needed; Flower Fuel & molasses during bloom; ReCharge
    4 clip fans. Exhaust into attic is vented to the eaves
    Current grow: DEAD FLOWERS

"Joker, smoker & midnight toker, I sure don't want to hurt no one"

Comment

• demcc3
      demcc3 commented
      Editing a comment
      when I first started growing (6-ish) years ago) I tried using it solo but with disastrous results. Very well could have been 80% human error. Haven't tried it solo since. I've heard that veg stage can go through most of nutrients before flower. Sooo many different nutrients to use in that situation that my head spins lol. How do you like the GH trio?

Someone had also suggested sprinking a couple handfuls on top surface and THEN watering that into pot.
      Last edited by demcc3; 04-28-2022, 06:15 AM. Reason: editing to ADD info

• Puglover1
      Puglover1 commented
      Editing a comment
      demcc3 I was taken ill suddenly and hospitalized Oct 1st for 10 days, my plants were in SB (middle top of part soil was CoM potting soil, for the seedlings) I was close to flipping, they were looking healthy but, they thirsted to death. I was only using pH 6.8 dechlorinated tap water. I used GH Trio on my first grow in a mixed medium, it's here. I'd probably just top dress with fresh SB and water and maybe some bloom boosting products, maybe wet the bags first with cal-mag next time, see how they run. An experienced grower on here did a K.I.S.S. grow, used SB and pH'd water the whole way through.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X