Water in iws

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Water in iws

Ok guys in my water butt there seems to be like a white throth on the top of water has anyone had this or any ideas thanks everyone

Has your water been tested? Well water? City water?
    I am expecting cloudy water today as they worked on the lines yesterday, so far still clear.

Comment

My well was drained for a flow test just a few days ago afterwards when the pressure tank filled the water coming out was rusty but now it's clear and tested out great. It's happened before coming out the pipes dirty water when well was low. Droughts
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

One of my wells the water now comes out orange/yellowish, one I hoped was good still is not, the housing is being eaten by whatever acid is now in the water, and it feels slimy. Its also got a blockage at 60 feet, could be from earthquakes, or kids put a lot of stuff down it. I am putting concrete in it this year. I am afraid to test the other deep well (450 feet to the plug), last test was bacterial sulfur (about 60 years ago) when Dad used this new copper tubing and the water came out piss yellow through it.

Comment

Howdy growell, What is the growing setup and do You have any photos of the system and plants? I have had, a few times, seen a froth or foam in my hydroponic system. It has appeared only when the temperature of the water gets too warm (at or over 70° F) and some sort of microbe starts to grow, I assume that it is a microbe due to the unpleasant odor. When the water temperature is kept below 69° F, the 'foaming' does not appear. I try to keep the temperature down by regularly changing out ice bottles.
          Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

Originally posted by DW2 View Post
            Howdy growell, What is the growing setup and do You have any photos of the system and plants? I have had, a few times, seen a froth or foam in my hydroponic system. It has appeared only when the temperature of the water gets too warm (at or over 70° F) and some sort of microbe starts to grow, I assume that it is a microbe due to the unpleasant odor. When the water temperature is kept below 69° F, the 'foaming' does not appear. I try to keep the temperature down by regularly changing out ice bottles.
            Ok mate you could be right it doesnt smell at the minute the temps are 20c to 22c i trying to get a cooler but there not cheap i have a225 litre water butt with a sump pump with the blue end in it going into brain then going out to 25 pots then a pump in brain sucking it back to water butt cheers sorry also got 2 bubble stones in it connected to a haliea air pump

Comment

• DW2
              DW2 commented
              Editing a comment
              growell, my set up is (two units) a ten-gallon tote (using six gallons) with four air stones (diameter 50.8 mm x 101.6 mm long). I use a 0.7 l ice bottle changed out as needed to maintain a temperature between 17°C and no higher than 21°C. when the plants are in the seedling stage, the ice bottles need to be changed out about every three to four hours (depending on the ambient temperature and whether or not that the lights are on). Now that the canopy is developed, (and cooler weather), the bottles only require changing about once a day. Another thing, NEVER use any clear tubing on any of the air or water lines as the clear tubing can act as a 'light pipe' allowing light into the reservoir allowing the brown algae to start growing, even if the temperatures are kept down.
              Good luck with Your grow!

I change me air stone tubing thats clear i think i going to have to use ice bottles for now my temp is 22c so only need to drop a degree or two thanks mate

Comment

• DW2
              DW2 commented
              Editing a comment
              You are welcome, after all, that's what the forum is for, helping each other out with our growing problems.
              Good luck with Your grow.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X