Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gingerbeard
    replied
    Efficienziness. Efficient laziness. Efficenzy.

Leave a comment:

• 3Berries
    replied
    I use FFHF and when used in big pots and small plants it takes forever to dry out. Next grow I'm putting in 30% perlite.

Leave a comment:

• golfnrl
    commented on 's reply
    I recommend the autopot system. Leaks have not been an issue. At all. I don't have an additional catch tray, just what came with the tent.

• Ckbrew
    commented on 's reply
    I am also on a second floor and leaks are a big concern. I use a 4x4 flood table in a 5x5 tent with coco/perlite in cloth bags. No spills so far. No concern for misplaced funnels when watering, or how much runoff there is. Everything is self contained.

• Coco
    replied
    thanks for all the input, I'm going down the coca perlite mix. I used a nft system for a while but changed to pots to get a bit more control. moving plants not doing as well as others ect. I am thinking on a auto pot system but, because I'm upstairs, the thought of a leak frightens me a bit. I've been growing for a while now, think I've learned more with my feck ups than anything else lol. I shall let you know how I get on.

Leave a comment:

• UberMensch
    commented on 's reply
    Good to hear!

• golfnrl
    commented on 's reply
    @UberMensch
    "(2) I am currently getting ready to put 4 plants in my 3 x 3 grow tent using coco/perlite in 5 gallon fiber pots, I am reasonably certain using proper LST I should be OK"

You'll be more than OK. I grew 4 photo's in my 3x3 tent in 5 gallon fabric pots using FFOF and added nutrients, no training whatsoever. It was crowded in there for sure but the harvest was such that I have been able to enjoy it daily for over 18 months. I have a couple a jars of flower left from that harvest. The bud still kicks my @ss. So yeah, you can grow 4 plants in a 3x3. When you start the new grow let us know and we'll follow along.

• golfnrl
    commented on 's reply
    Gingerbeard you make me laugh

• Gingerbeard
    replied
    Why do it today when you should have done it yesterday?

Leave a comment:

• Gingerbeard
    commented on 's reply
    You're such an oxymoron.

• Ckbrew
    commented on 's reply
    "I'm a master at productive procrastination"

• DaGreenBlazer
    commented on 's reply
    I can't remember who to credit it to, though 1 of my favourite quotes is;

"Ambition is for people who are too stupid to be lazy"

• Ckbrew
    commented on 's reply
    You and me both. "I'm a master at productive procrastination"
    Last edited by Ckbrew; 01-25-2022, 03:20 PM.

• UberMensch
    replied
    I'm just finishing up my 1st grow with the Bubbleponics/DWC grow medium which is discussed on GWE in great detail. I am now well into my 2nd grow using coco/perlite. I currently feel that I will continue to use both grow mediums going forward. I haven't yet tried soil, but when I return to Maine this summer I am sure I will be tempted to try the Coast of Maine Stonington Blend I have seen discussed on this forum (Stonington is a beautiful place if you ever get a chance to visit).

Some of my conclusions are based on the constraints imposed by my 3 x 3 grow tent. My wife won't let me bring a tent in the house, and a 3 x 3 is all I have room for in the garage. I can't contrast soil vs coco, however my initial thoughts on DWC vs coco are the following (they could change as I get more experience):

(1) At most I would be able to grow 2 plants using the GWE Bubbleponics/DWC in my 3 x 3 grow tent (I have seen 5 gallon DWC systems that might fit more plants)
    (2) I am currently getting ready to put 4 plants in my 3 x 3 grow tent using coco/perlite in 5 gallon fiber pots, I am reasonably certain using proper LST I should be OK
    (3) There was a steep learning curve using nutrients in DWC (actually it wouldn't have been quite as steep if I had followed Nebula's instructions better from the GWE main website). However once I understood the concentrations to use, I found it easier to fill the reservoir of the DWC once a week, checking the PH every couple of days. My experience thus far on coco/perlite is that feeding the coco/perlite is slightly more time consuming.
    (4) Coco/perlite doesn't require Hydroguard which is expensive (and apparently expires 6 months after it is opened). I am reading that some folks use hydrogen peroxide instead of Hydroguard.

Just my $0.02
    Last edited by UberMensch; 01-25-2022, 02:46 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Gingerbeard
    replied
    I might be the most efficient son of a bitch around here Ckbrew ! That'll keep me warm when I go take first nap. I have spent an efficient morning and plan on much more efficiency come later throughout the day.

Leave a comment:

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X