Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RetiredGuy
    replied
    One of the toughest things about this hobby is the difference in opinions that various growers have when searching various forums to try to understand the best way to correct problems. I share your frustration.

Your photo #2 clearly shows a phosphorous deficiency. I have had these the last two grows. It happens to me when my runoff pH gets too low (5.5-6). I believe you should check your runoff and if too low, increase your watering pH to closer to 7 until it improves. This has helped me. If the runoff pH is above 6.0 you may want to increase the amount of phosphorus you are feeding.

Leave a comment:

• Jroc
    replied
    Meant to add other 5 gals are in promix hp w Mycorrhizae. Ph has been between 6.0-6.5

Leave a comment:

• Jroc
    replied
    Hey thanks for the response, I been waiting patiently. First grow don't want to lose em now.
    My ph has been 6.1-6.7 for the girl in the first two pics and last pic (same girl). She is growing in pot4pot superb soil. I have added no nutes because it states you don't need nutes, it already has it. IDK if anyone has experience with pot4pot superb soil. The other 5 girls don't look too bad, however their leaf tips have a blondish yelllowish look they are on Advance Nutrients Sensi Bloom A&B, Sensizym, Big Bud, Bud Candy, Carbo Load. The girl in superb soils tips look a lil purple to me. I am glad you asked the ph ?. Please let's address this. When I started my grow with no experience just what I been reading. My neighbor who grows photos tried to help me. When the girls were young seedlings he came in and pour a gal. of water on these autoflowers. They got really dark green and droopy and leaves looked puffy. I thought they were over watered. Since then I just been trying to be real careful on watering. BOTTOM LINE is I HAVE NOT WATERED MY GIRLS TO GET A RUNOFF OUT OF FEAR!
    I read different information and get conflicted as to which is the right way. As the result I been watering when the soil is almost dry. I been watering around 1 liter for most every 24-48 hrs. If my new Cannafam has time to breakdown how to water til run off and why it's important
    I read one post where the guy says he been growing for ten years in 5 gal. pots and never waters til runoff because he spends alot of money on nutes and run off is a waste. Then I read tou have to water til run off. NOT AS EASY AS ALOT OF People STATE.

Leave a comment:

• Rwise
    replied
    Whats the PH in and out of each?
    1 + 5 tip burns can be to much N, the other leaf may be a rub mark from the leaf above it on pic 1, black strap molasses (unsulfured) can help reduce N.
    2 + 4 look like PH issues, try to hold it between 6.5 and 6.8 while in flower, if the PH is correct then read the plant problems page (link above).

Leave a comment:

• Jroc
    replied
    Can somebody please give me an idea of what's going on with these girls leaves

Leave a comment:

• Jroc
    replied
    I think it's in the sick column

Leave a comment:

• Jroc
    replied
    All good Going2fast. ? Did you see my girl in poc that I posted a lil while ago. I noticed a spot and yellowing and purplelish color on leaf tips

Leave a comment:

• Going2fast
    replied
    My bad Jroc yes it's hard to see the fans in the pics.

Leave a comment:

• Jroc
    replied
    Thank you. I added more soil last night. IDK if that will throw anything off balance. did not 💡 about it until after I watered.

Leave a comment:

• Puglover1
    replied
    Hi, your plants look nice. Next time fill your bags higher if you can after pre-wetting, major sinkage of soil medium happens with waterings. Good luck!

Leave a comment:

• Jroc
    replied
    Also I have not cut any leaves from top that's just how they are coming out

Leave a comment:

• Jroc
    replied
    Hi there. Thanks for the tips and comments. So on the fan leaves, I have not cut that many, maybe like 3 or 4 off each Idk if that's too much. What I have done was bend most of the leaves out of sight and the flower sites are exposed. I have been bending or tucking the leaves since the beginning. The leaves are there I guess you can't really see them in the pics.

Leave a comment:

• Going2fast
    replied
    Once they go into flower as yours are you want to lighten up on the training. They will stretch now and you can still manipulate them but let them go up some. I see there's not many fan leaves left. They need those in veg and won't make any more now they are flowering. Next time I recommend letting them start flowering and then remove some only if you really need to. They look nicely spread out.👍

Leave a comment:

• Jroc
    replied
    Thanks, I am trying. So as far as defoliation I removed some leaves but I been mostly leaf tucking, bending and twisting as Going2fast says. I have seen where people are doing something called lolipop but my plants bottom most of potential bud sights are exposed to the lights. Only a couple are not. I thought you were supposed to train Autos. I never worked with a photo this is first time growing anything. I think it may be best to follow advice and take it easy for a week or so. Today is actually day 35 so I am entering week 6. Is this flowering stage? What do I do now other than trying to maintain environment and figure out when and how much to water.
    Thank you again for responding. I was starting to wonder if anyone would. Intelligent responses spoking from experience really can help this rookie out. Right now I want to grow for the rest of this life and not get discouraged. I 53 and permanently disabled. So I got some years left (I hope 😂)Pharma meds for years no relief trying an Holistic approach.

Leave a comment:

• SoOrbudgal
    replied
    Yes they are known to be stunted the more you snip, break them they stunt. Good for you ya got this far. Just leave them be now is what i'd do sit back take a week or so off touching and snipping twisting. You treated them as a photo period strain these autos are less forgiving to torture photo periods are better practice plants. Keep up the good work they'll get better with practice.

Leave a comment:

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X