X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fungus gnats problem - any solutions?

Hey, guys,

Hope everything is well with you
    I wated to ask if you guys know any solutions for getting rid of fungus gnats. They are really annoying and they seem not to want leaving the place I mention that I m talking about a pebbles growing technique.
    Any magic solution/natural remedies etc?

I would be very grateful for any idea.
    Thanks a lot!

I use a product called Mosquito Bits. It has BT spores in it. You add it to the water you use. Click image for larger version  Name:	81pDtG8xw7L._AC_SL1500_.jpg Views:	0 Size:	464.2 KB ID:	554310

Comment

Yellow sticky traps, H2O2. Usually a symptom of over watering. Let it dry out a bit.
      Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

Fans blowing across top of pots let growing medium dry out till bone dry plus a bowl of apple cider vinegar in tent is suppose to work

Comment

I’ve had good luck with St. Gabriel Organics Insect Dust. You can put it straight on the soil, or I put it in little trays or cut off solo cups and place them around the tent. If put straight on the soil it will wash away when watering. As mentioned try to back off on the watering and let the top layer of soil dry and it should help in prevention.

Comment

Hold on a second. Please. Educate me. Is the 'pebbles growing technique' hydro/bubble -ponics?
            More elephant!

Coco/perlite
            3x3x6

Comment

You were talking about root aphids in hydro 10 months ago.
              Pest problems. How to deal with root aphids. - GrowWeedEasy.com Cannabis Growing Forum
              More elephant!

Coco/perlite
              3x3x6

Comment

I always had them gnats around too, initially i also used baccillus thur.-isreal. aka mosquito bits dissolved in water and watered a little with that, but only once i had a heavy infestation.
                With my grows now i always pro-actively put yellow sticky paper in my pots, i cut one large sheet in half and on each side of pot and another on the side hanging in tent.
                That worked well for me to keep them little feckers controlled.
                Attached Files
                2.3 x 2.3 ft (70x70cm) Spiderfarmer grow tent.
                SF2000 Spiderfarmer Samsung LED ca 201W of the wall.
                AC Infinity CLOUDLINE T4 & carbon filter.
                Biobizz nutes and soil home manual mix.

Comment

• Gingerbeard
                  Gingerbeard commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Probiotic Your soil. Have you used it before? Looks like it needs perlite.

I used DE soil. after trying everything else. worked a treat.

Comment

I also had a bad infestation of fungus gnats. Tried sticky traps, DE, neem oil, insecticidal soap. Nothing was working What finally eliminated them was adding 3/4 inch sand on top of all the soil in the grow room as suggested in old threads of this forum. Completely gone now.
                  5x7 closet with reflective mylar on the walls
                  2 UF-4000 LEDs (set to 25K Lumens at the plant)
                  150 CFM bathroom vent installed in ceiling exhausting through a roof vent
                  Elitech STC-1000Wifi Temp&Humidity Controller
                  1X Sundae Driver in 35g grow bag
                  2X Orange Velvet in 35g grow bags

Comment

I use apple cider vinegar and honey mixture. Works great

Comment

Problem with bait is you are catching the adults while the babies are snackin on the roots.

Comment

Gnats are generally caused by overwatering when growing in a soil mix. When I grew in soil and got them I’d add 2tbsp of Neem oil to the water when watering the plants for a week or two and allow the soil to dry out really well between waterings. Watering with Neem oil will kill the larvae and eggs in soil but I’m not sure about your pebble mix medium. Need more insight into your medium

Comment

You can top dress with neem seed meal. It will smell like an Indian restaurant for a bit but will drive off the gnats and provide a little slow-release nutrition. When used throughout my living soil mix, gnats don't even get started.
                          Coconut Grove
                          4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Liberty Haze, Acapulco Gold, Lavender and Sweet Amnesia Haze.

3x3 tent, Platinum P300 LED. Flowering two Tangies.

Flower tent:
                          4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Durban Poison and two Tangie x Blueberry crosses.

Nursery:
                          32"x32" tent with Feit white LED. Vegging four Mother's Finest.

Coco/Perlite/worm castings/mycorrhizae living soil mix.
                          Down-To-Earth dry amendments. Gnarly Barley added weekly. Eisenia fetida.

On deck: Winter indicas.

Comment

Do these soil remedies work on DWC? Check out the description of the medium in the first post.
                            More elephant!

Coco/perlite
                            3x3x6

Comment

• 3Berries
                              3Berries commented
                              Editing a comment
                              The Mosquito Bits do, they are meant for ponds and such.

• Gingerbeard
                              Gingerbeard commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Okay 3Berries . You're cool.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                          X