Oscillating fans - ghetto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oscillating fans - ghetto

Starting to get desperate for circulation and thinking about how I can hang muffin fans. I thought to hang a couple from the sides. They got top hung, instead. What you don't see is the red-hot swinging and spinning action of the muffin fans. Give them a little push and they will move around for an hour or more. A few of those and I wouldn't need clip-ons.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF7663.JPG
Views:	274
Size:	3.19 MB
ID:	552756
    More elephant!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6

I think more clip on fans. Do you have any under the canopy?
    Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

Clip on fan in the mail. Nothing under the canopy.
      However they look, they do a good job of circulating. Looks like they will keep spinning as long as they are on.
      You didn't laugh at me. You have a warm heart.
      More elephant!

Coco/perlite
      3x3x6

Comment

• Ckbrew
        Ckbrew commented
        Editing a comment
        Improvise, adapt, use your resources. What ever gets it done.

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        Shoot nothing to laugh at ya old ginger those will be fine with that fan and the other you get aim it low. If i had a tent going my humidity would be near nothing do to my wood heat.

Yo dude, definitely nothing to laugh at when they're spinning over a gorgeous forest of solid chunkness! Looks brilliant inside that tent!

My only 2 cents of tips i had to give, was firstly you can also hang those muffin/computer fans from tents top bar with gardeners wire or twine through the corners of fan body and just loop the power cord round tent top bars as back-up grip - plus you could do either; (a) put a separate wire loop through each of the fans 2 top corners so it stays hanging the way it is now and it minimises spin but still keeps it swinging nicely or, (b) you could put a separate wire loop through each of the fans 4 corners and then when those 4 are tied round top bar it would face downwards and blow direct down onto canopy.

Second thing I've seen done with those computer fans to aid circulation was if your tent has bottom intake vent holes/tunnels, these fans usually fit quite snugly just inside, and if you can squeeze/seal one in to a bottom intake hole then they do draw in alot more fresh air compared to the hole just being open & passive, plus it's a breeze coming in below canopy level. A simple cut-out cardboard bracket or jacket can be taped round the outside of the fan if it's too small to stand up in & seal the vent hole on it's own.

It is abit of a DiY option, though I've seen some people who do 1 in every bottom hole available and swear by it. Though if your tent only has flat/flush panel vents at bottom it sadly doesn't work so well - they need a sort of hole/mini-tunnel to sit within.

Plus as long as your little computer fan is half decent spec, it does also allow the option to attach some basic filter mesh to outside front of all bottom intakes, which can then help lower the levels of dust, bugs, pollen, etc that can be blown in through the bottom - your fans could easily still suck in good air intake through say a pair of tights, a thin cotton t-shirt, coffee filter paper, etc.

Hope it helps anyway dude!
      Last edited by DaGreenBlazer; 01-10-2022, 09:10 PM.

Comment

Such praise DaGreenBlazer !
        MF's were my go-to in my 2x3 tent when I first started growing. They graduated to my 3x3 when I was doing advanced aireodynamicable calculations to figure my flow vectors and vortices and flavens and such. They do hang at a nice angle from the corners. These were going to hang exactly as you say. My sense of finding the easiest way out led me to seeing what would happen if I hung them by their cords. The wire method seemed like way too many steps.
        I couldn't figure why they were dancing around like they were. Took a stoner moment to realize they were hanging in front of the clip-on fans. It beats the several dozen dollar option of buying a proper oscillator. And reviews I've read say they don't last very long unless you... whatever.
        A new clip-on is on the way. Another one, later, and a few pole clamps. The alligator style clamp does not work well on tent poles.
        And just between you and me, I put old boxers in the bottom intake holes for filters. Keeps the light out, too. Don't tell anyone. That would be embarrassing.
        More elephant!

Coco/perlite
        3x3x6

Comment

• Ckbrew
          Ckbrew commented
          Editing a comment
          You can improve the clip on the poles by using a piece of radiator hose. Cut to length of clip, then slice once down the side. Wrap the hose around the pole and put the clip of the fan on the hose. Solved.

• Gingerbeard
          Gingerbeard commented
          Editing a comment
          It's not that CKB. I use pipe clamps to stop the fans from slipping down. What I'm getting at is the clips poke the tent. I have to shove them to get a fit. Whatever you can take of that.

• Ckbrew
          Ckbrew commented
          Editing a comment
          I think there is more slack in the material in a 5x5, fits better.

For you DGB
        The Underpants Business - South Park (Video Clip) | South Park Studios US (cc.com)
        More elephant!

Coco/perlite
        3x3x6

Comment

I use a bath exhaust fan stuck in the corner on the floor. Then run some 3" duct to the celling. Does a great job of keeping the temps within 3F top to bottom.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X