Calmag problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Calmag problem

I have a power glue problem. It maybe calmag. Would someone chime in on this and take a peek and let me know. Thanks Peace Out

sf1000 2x phlizon 230 actual
    Light is 16 inches from canopy
    Stonington blend soil
    Plant is 40 days vegging
    indoor tent
    pH 6.3-6.7
    Strain Power Glue
    RH between 30-50
    Temp 71-80
    Holes on side and bottom for drainage and airflow for roots
    18/6 light schedule
    Attached Files
    1 Marshydro tsl 2000 @ 300 watt.
    1 sf2000 @200 watts
    2 philzon @230 watts
    2x4x5 tent
    3x6x8 closet
    Fox Farm ocean forest
    Black gold for seedling
    3 gal pot holes in sides and bottom
    RH 40-60
    Temp 70-80
    Feeding with FF trio with molasses
    calmag and a little flower fuel
    Light at 10 -16 inches above canopy

Finished growing: Durban poison x Atomic Shiva, Dark Matter x Atomic Shiva, Golden Goat x Atomic Shiva and Summit Sweet Skunk x Atomic Shiva

Next up: Apple Fritter 2x, ATF, Og Kush.

Is the PH going in or coming out?

Comment

• LemonBud
      LemonBud commented
      Editing a comment
      High Rwise The pH was around 6.5 going in with calmag and molasses. The soil has 3-4 weeks of nutes.
      Last edited by LemonBud; 01-08-2022, 07:10 AM.

A grower on here did a KISS grow using Stonington Blend and only pH'd water. IIRC he learned that 6.5-6.8 pH had better uptake, he said he intended to use calmag the next time.

My next grow will be SB. I had one going using fabric pots but I was unexpectedly hospitalized, the girls died of thirst. I was happy with SB, 1-2 weeks from flipping to flower.
    Last edited by Puglover1; 01-07-2022, 11:20 PM. Reason: typo
    Soil: Coast of Maine Stonington Blend, perlite; Seedlings: CoM org potting soil
    Indoor: 2 x 5.5 x 8' Closet grow
    Viparspectra XS2000; EnjoYield 220W full spectrum light added during flower
    Various size fabric grow bags
    Cal-Mag & GH Trio if needed; Flower Fuel & molasses during bloom; ReCharge
    4 clip fans. Exhaust into attic is vented to the eaves
    Current grow: DEAD FLOWERS

"Joker, smoker & midnight toker, I sure don't want to hurt no one"

Comment

• LemonBud
      LemonBud commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Puglover1 Sure dont like hearing plants dieing sorry to here that.Soil is good a cheaper than others. Seedlings dont like it. Too hot I do add FF nutes with the soil. I know have some new seeds but the plants are looking small for there age.

• Puglover1
      Puglover1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, I used Coast of Maine potting soil in the middle to start seeds, the plants really took off, I was only using pH'd water, maybe a dose of Recharge once but I didn't get to flowering stage, I probably would've given them a boost then. I like to give them a dash of molasses here and there too but I used zero bottled nutes during veg, the SB seemed to be doing fine on its own at that point.

• LemonBud
      LemonBud commented
      Editing a comment
      So Puglover1 Did you start seeds in the soil and was the soil the seedling soil from coast of maine or the actual hot stoneington blend. Thanks

LemonBud - I had a sativa seed in a coco starter then transplanted to a 5 gal bag, I had to dig out more SB and put more CoM Potting Soil, not their seedling soil, around and under the seedling to save it from the hot soil. Figured I could also use that soil for herbs or outdoors. The other three plants were White Widow fast fems: two were started in CoM potting soil in Solo cups then transplanted, the other seed went directly into the final bag. I did the seed/water soak/wet paper towel/baggie/tail showing when I started the three indicas. I had to look at pics to remember. I added extra perlite to the SB. I also had Solo cups growing basil and marigolds in CoM potting soil (off to the left) in my last picture before I got sick. Pictures are from 8/29/21 and 9/25/21.

Click image for larger version

Name:	8-29ClosetTop.jpg
Views:	450
Size:	2.22 MB
ID:	552669Click image for larger version

Name:	ClosetTop9-25.jpg
Views:	428
Size:	3.00 MB
ID:	552670
    Soil: Coast of Maine Stonington Blend, perlite; Seedlings: CoM org potting soil
    Indoor: 2 x 5.5 x 8' Closet grow
    Viparspectra XS2000; EnjoYield 220W full spectrum light added during flower
    Various size fabric grow bags
    Cal-Mag & GH Trio if needed; Flower Fuel & molasses during bloom; ReCharge
    4 clip fans. Exhaust into attic is vented to the eaves
    Current grow: DEAD FLOWERS

"Joker, smoker & midnight toker, I sure don't want to hurt no one"

Comment

I suffer the same. Can't get enough Ca, Mg and K in it because so little watering during the cold. I've been giving them a cup of a concentrated Ca, Mg, K mix once a week and about two waterings with nutes and the minerals added too a week. Still getting the top leaves yellowing between the veins.

I just ordered some calcium/mag for foliar feeding and am going see if that helps.

Comment

3Berries Have you checked your PH, if its not in range the plant cant feed.

Comment

Originally posted by Rwise View Post
          3Berries Have you checked your PH, if its not in range the plant cant feed.
          Yes I check every time. I water to runoff and last time it was 6.4. Generally just under 7.0 going in.

I think I had too much light. There was 3-100w arrays and 2-50w FS Cob LEDs Down to 265w now. About 3 weeks left for flowering.

Just went to tents this year. And the VPD is good when the lights are on. RH is high lights off, VPD around 0.8 at that time.

I use FFHP soil and next time I'll cut it 1/3 with perlite.

Comment

I had a similar issue with DWC it turned out to be a faulty pH meter combined with my new light being way too close.

Comment

My issue is too much light after reading some today. Back to 2-150W HPS I guess for winter.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X