Website info on forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deleted by user
    Last edited by MH47; 01-07-2022, 08:08 AM.

Comment

Exactly my point. Instead of chasing our tail checking for ph and ppm and m&m’s and everything else we can focus on just simply learning good watering skills which is a common problem. Focus on the environment which is a common problem. I doubt that using the latest and greatest magical potion will increase yields or girth or you name it it’s been labeled. In my opinion anyways. Nothing is set it and forget it, just frees you to check for pest, plant training, learning the plant to name a few. Years of science is exactly the reason why growing without the magical potion makes sense and allows you to push the plant to its full potential using the inputs in their natural form instead of the ones someone puts in a bottle and now it’s magic . Have you ever let cannabis go till it won’t go no more or you always pull the plug when you want to? There is nothing new about cannabis just like someone said here, someone reads something and makes up in their head that it’s new when it’s been a part of gardening for years posts about it and bam now it’s the new cannabis gardening technique. Anyways just the way I found to grow weed easy everybody has their way. Some like craft beer some like bud ice, and will argue that’s it’s new bigger and better.

Comment

• UndergroundFarmer
        UndergroundFarmer commented
        Editing a comment
        Craft beer played a big part in building my grow space!

MH47 Want to maximize your harvest without sacrificing yield and quality? A few people claim that top dressing malted barley and adding it to your soil as an amendment will reduce the time it takes to get to harvest by 15-20 percent. Claimed by growers who have grown the same plant for years many many years and by using that they noticed they get to harvest quicker and the yields and quality remained the same. You may want to do a side by side with clones. Only thing this is not labeled in a bottle and done by growers that use the old scientific tried and proved soil biology.

Comment

• MH47
        MH47 commented
        Editing a comment
        Deleted by user
        Last edited by MH47; 01-07-2022, 08:32 AM.

MH47 it’s been part of my grow since 2019. Top dress regularly and also do it by just bubbling it in water for a couple hrs strain and water the soil.No mold issues just praying plants like they are thanking god sun/light. Some people use it and get scared and start looking for a bottle of something to kill the “mold” on the soil lol. It’s the good stuff, what you want to see. There is a book called mycelium running explains it more in depth really old book but still holds its weight.

Comment

• MH47
        MH47 commented
        Editing a comment
        Deleted by user
        Last edited by MH47; 01-07-2022, 08:31 AM.

The problem/issue as I see it, folks keep coming around trying to get others to grow their weed. (What about this light, or these nutes or is hydro or coco best?). There are as many ways to grow weed as there are growers. Folks need to figure out what works best for them. I learn by reading what others do and copy. Sometimes I only do it once, others I keep doing because it worked for me. I have grown in soil, hydro and coco (new for me). I have general Hydroponics Flora, fox farm and advanced nutrients on my shelf now. Been doing this for about 1.5 years no where near an expert. I have had successes and complete failures but I always learn something. Face it if there was one perfect way we would all do it. No shortcuts only progress. Personal Responsibility rules- otherwise if you follow someone else’s advice and it don’t work out, you are responsible because you chose to follow them.
      “Rather laugh with sinners than cry with saints” Billy Joel Only the good die young
      ”I think I can, I think I can…”the little engine that could

Comment

I found the growweedeasy site long before the forums. People are lazy and would rather ask than do research. You see it all the time in Facebook groups. Not defending the lazy ones either just giving my 2 cents.
        640 watt hlg quantum board
        320 watt diy chilled pucks x4
        300 watt mars hydro sp3000
        150 watt hlg quantum board
        100 watt spider farmer led x2
        organic soil with earth dust dry amendments
        Water only i don't check ph
        6 pot fabric autopots with GH trio nutes

Comment

The only suggestion i would add if you're going to do a 'Free' link, was you could possibly make it a link to download the grow guide as a free mini-book in PDF format, as potentially people will engage with it for longer as a standalone document, rather than just clicking straight back to posting a question on the forum.

Otherwise, and i don't know if it's easily possible, my only other suggestion is regarding people who do post help questions & to get around the issue where alot of initial responders end up having to ask for further details about set-up, etc before actual answer can be given.

You could instead design a special 'Help' template for new posts in Help Section where underneath the post they have to fill out a checklist form on set-up details such as Light, Temps, RH, pH, Feeds Used, Soil Type, Pot Size, Tent Size, etc, etc, and enable it so it can't be posted without it being completed. Making multiple pic attachments mandatory before posting could be viable too. That way it would save abit of time for the people kindly responding, and people would more inclined to answer something with the facts already correctly laid out in front of them. Also possibly then the rest of the forum posting outside the Help Section could be more of a 'Lounge' or General Discussion area, and any incorrect help questions found outside Help Section get deleted with a referral message to complete the Help template instead. I appreciate this would be alot of work rejigging the whole site so might be abit too far.
          Last edited by DaGreenBlazer; 01-06-2022, 12:21 PM.

Comment

There is an aspect to this discussion that I am hesitant to bring up, I do believe it is relevant. Trolls. They cause disharmony. Sometimes at first it may be difficult to tell the difference between barren ignorance that could be improved with some research and a little help, and someone who either wants it done for them, or is just purposely producing a pathetic grow to be obnoxious and cause disharmony, for what ever motivates them to do so. I am willing to steer someone in the direction that will help them learn, and someone who has done their research but is struggling with a particular issue, I have no problem helping them, so long as they are also willing to help themselves. Or myself just trying to be helpful in pointing out something that they may not even be aware of that could improve their situation or avoid a bad situation. The trolls can just go away. Sometimes, at least at first, it may be difficult to tell who is who. After a while, it becomes evident and the conversation should be discontinued. Then occasionally I see someone who I have to wonder If they are having genuine mental health issues. I can not heal the world myself, but I can have compassion and empathy for their situation. A fine line it is sometimes. End.
            Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

This has laid for a couple days. I'm going to invoke sir SiriusFourside and suggest that a link to the main GWE website be added to the navy blue bar at the top of the main forum page.
              On the forum home page, I see the GWE Forum title that is also a link to itself on the left side and a search window on the right. The middle is a blank space. That would be a great place to either shift the forum title to the middle and the website link on the left, or just put the website link in the middle.

More elephant!

Coco/perlite
              3x3x6

Comment

Sounds like a bunch of web designers here. I hear a few maytag dealers here too. I guess you all are not needed anymore what will you do with all that knowledge and spare time.
                LMAO
                Last edited by LemonBud; 01-16-2022, 06:31 AM.
                1 Marshydro tsl 2000 @ 300 watt.
                1 sf2000 @200 watts
                2 philzon @230 watts
                2x4x5 tent
                3x6x8 closet
                Fox Farm ocean forest
                Black gold for seedling
                3 gal pot holes in sides and bottom
                RH 40-60
                Temp 70-80
                Feeding with FF trio with molasses
                calmag and a little flower fuel
                Light at 10 -16 inches above canopy

Finished growing: Durban poison x Atomic Shiva, Dark Matter x Atomic Shiva, Golden Goat x Atomic Shiva and Summit Sweet Skunk x Atomic Shiva

Next up: Apple Fritter 2x, ATF, Og Kush.

Comment

The problem is not the knowledge and spare time, the problem is newbies asking something that is explained clearly on the main site and don’t care to look for the answer themselves or simply do not know about the main site so we are trying to find a way to make sure they are aware of it and try to understand the basics before we help. It’s how it was for a lot of us before this forum.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X