No announcement yet.

Purple Bubba & the Old Riders of the Purple Sage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The purple bubba is looking fine and working on her 4th node at 3 weeks. The other 4, critical mass, are 5 days behind working hard on their 2nd node. I don't see roots at the bottom of the solo cups yet but very soon I will transplant to 7 gallon. I'm sure your all sick of the baby pics but it's for the record.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20220122_122534.jpg
Views:	431
Size:	2.52 MB
ID:	554304
    Grow # 3 50/50 S/I Critical Mass photo fem
    Seeds drop in water 1/8/2022

Medium: FF Coco Loco plus 30% Perlite in 7 gal cloth bags
    Space: 30x48x62 DIY cabinet lined w/space blankets
    Lighting: Bloomspect SS1000 Quantum board x 3 - 300 watts actual draw
    Soil Supplements: Worm Castings, Crab Shell, Oyster Shell, Neem and Karanja Meal, Volcanic Basalt Dust (for minerals), Recharge root micros. Grow 3 is with reconstituted super soil to which I've added several additional minerals and supplements. A more complete list based on Cackamas Coots super soil recipe can be found in my Auto Toka thread
    i don't grow plants anymore, I grow soil that my plants can thrive in!
    My filtered tap water runs over 7.5 pH but the soil microbes
    make pH correction unnecessary
    Ventilation: Vipospar 4" Exhaust Fan w/RH controller, 12" Carbon Scrubber
    8" bottom intake fan, 6" clip on fan, 6" heater as needed
    Cabinet on screen porch. N AZ @ 4000 ft.

My salute to all who have served
    Semper Fidelis!

Comment

A small update on Suzie, Suzie and Hazel.
      My girls are short. Suzie 1 and Hazel are running neck and neck at maybe 3cm (1.2”) above the hydroton. Both tubs are running right at 21c (70f) and water level are at 8.9cm (3.6”) below the bottom of the net pot - just about where they should be. Ambient air temp average is 22.8c (73f) with 16% RH. It will be topping time next time I blink twice; it’s getting pretty close for Suzie 1.

Name:	2A3C767A-3953-4A84-92BB-810F3AE1C064.jpeg
Views:	378
Size:	2.36 MB
ID:	554352

Comment

Getting up close and personal on day 14 of the grow. 24 January 2022

Click image for larger versionName:	IMG_4963.jpgViews:	0Size:	1.77 MBID:	554519Click image for larger versionName:	IMG_4964.jpgViews:	0Size:	1.22 MBID:	554518
        Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4966.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.83 MB ID:	554521Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4965.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.70 MB ID:	554520
        Suzie & Suzie (Purple Platinum Kush) on the left Hazel (Purple Bubba) on the right

Comment

• TOKABIGONE
          TOKABIGONE commented
          Editing a comment
          Looking better and better my friend!

I’m going to be out of town for a few days so I thought I would slip in a photo of the girls this morning. They’ve all been topped and are ready to have the rule of the roost for the next day or two.

Name:	5EE41ACA-A366-4042-9E3B-C513A88CBAFC.jpeg
Views:	359
Size:	2.83 MB
ID:	554747

Comment

Ok now we're talking gentlemen. Toka I see the Bonnie planters. So you paid way too much for the veggie or flower that came in it just like all of us lol.. They seem to have the market cornered in my neck of the woods. 2.50 for a single tomato plant is nuts. BUTB I love watching you do your hydro thing bro but your power point presentation is over my head. Just joking with both of you. #gitrdone.
          keeping it green with the soil thing
          love me some frosty autos
          braap
          BRAAPZAI https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...162-braaap-zai
          Mephisto run. yeah i know spellcheck https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-memphisto-run
          the fruit basket https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...et-auto-runrun
          blue strawberries in a four assed galaxy https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...r-assed-galaxy

Comment

• TOKABIGONE
            TOKABIGONE commented
            Editing a comment
            Haha yeah they were too expensive, came in a tray as a starter kit for veggies however I've used them 5 or 6 times in 2 years so it evens out.

Suzie Suzie & Hazel this morning. 29 January 2022
          Click image for larger version  Name:	7D2B696A-DDD7-4BB1-9658-68B428C2B9DA.jpeg Views:	11 Size:	3.43 MB ID:	555183
          Click image for larger version  Name:	20DE75E9-D2C2-4A78-A461-4FA3854770DE.jpeg Views:	13 Size:	3.60 MB ID:	555182
          If you’re wondering WTF is going on with Suzie & Suzie let me ‘splain my reasoning for Suzie (not Suzie) being stripped bare; the two thing that will always slow growth are A) Topping & B) Defoliation. Topping had already been done so the only other option was defoliation - with a goal of keeping S&S as even in growth as possible (even though S1 is 5 days older than S2).
          Last edited by BU2B; 01-29-2022, 06:44 PM.

Comment

S S & H 31 January 2022
            The three girls are doing fine and as predicted have kicked into over-drive. Hazels topping turned out to be a FIM so she is proudly showing off her four main branches. Here’s the latest photo, of Suzie, Suzie (Purple Platinum Kush) and fat old Hazel (Purple Bubba)
            Special thanks to Nahko and Rare Earth
            Last edited by BU2B; 01-31-2022, 12:02 PM.

Comment

Week 3 update: 1 February 2022
              Training is well underway and the girls are looking pretty good. I thought I would toss in a few photo's on week 3 of the grow and give you a peek at roots while it's still feasible to do so. Without further adieu here are Suzie, Suzie & Hazel as of this morning.
              Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4984.jpg Views:	0 Size:	4.55 MB ID:	555466Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4985.jpg Views:	0 Size:	4.67 MB ID:	555465
              Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4986.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.88 MB ID:	555468Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4987.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.97 MB ID:	555471
              Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4990.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.39 MB ID:	555469
              Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4992.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.29 MB ID:	555467Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4991.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.86 MB ID:	555470
              Click image for larger version  Name:	HomeGrown.gif Views:	0 Size:	21.3 KB ID:	555472

Comment

• BU2B
                BU2B commented
                Editing a comment
                I think it's the O2 rich nutrient laced water that does the trick. As Coors used to say... It's the water, and a lot more

• Puglover1
                Puglover1 commented
                Editing a comment
                Thank you BU2B for these pictures. When my seeds arrive I'll know better what to do, I need to 'see' things, a visual-learner.

I started my 3 Mag seeds plus some herbs in the Aero-Garden, separating those roots was a trip but they all survived the transplant. The 'water bowl' was a jungle of roots.

• BU2B
                BU2B commented
                Editing a comment
                Puglover1 keep me up to date on the Mag seeds. I have some waiting in storage for a grow at some point later this year.

I told TOKABIGONE that I would hold off on posting until he had a chance to post an update. However… Hazel is really going to town and I wanted to show her off a bit. At only 63.5mm tall (2.5”) she has two leaves as big as my hand!

Name:	DCB103F3-7892-451B-9051-70A4E405B970.jpeg
Views:	309
Size:	3.07 MB
ID:	555684

Comment

It's been awhile since I updated but unfortunately not uneventful in some respects. My little girls have not been well starting about 2 days after I gave them an early light fish tea at a week. They began to droop and exhibit signs of nitro toxicity turning darker green with the Claw. At first sign I thought they were over watered so I let them dry out with no change then I watered to full run off and let dry again with no change. I was hesitant to transplant when they were sick but did so as a last resort cuz they were stunted. 24 hours later they were standing tall and wanting light so I increased to full 315 w from my 3 105w quantum panels. Day temps are in the low 50s. Outside temp where my cabinet is located has been mid 20s last several nights but inside with a heater ambient was 68 degrees this am. A large heat pad is keeping the pots at 68 to 75 and the quantums add 2-3 degrees each. It's working well but I'm dreading the next couple months electric bill. I've already made my share of mistakes this grow so let's hope it gets better! I fed too early with a nitro rich food in soil that was already mildly rich in all the elements. I'm enjoying growing in soil but I'm finding it has a whole new set of challenges in itself. FUN!

Final sprout tally was 1 Purple Bubba and 4 Critical Mass. When they got sick I gave 1 CM to BU2B for his neighbor to grow out if it recovered. They washed the roots and put into DWC and it has recovered and growing. Then I had another one wilt away and die leaving 3 for my 3 pots. I pulled it to examine and found the roots look healthy but small for almost 3 weeks. I still don't know why they acted root bound. They're coming around now with plenty of room to spread their legs.

Name:	20220122_122534.jpg
Views:	366
Size:	2.52 MB
ID:	555687Click image for larger version

Name:	Resized_20220201_192804_5795.jpeg
Views:	352
Size:	995.8 KB
ID:	555689Click image for larger version

Name:	Resized_20220203_144243_1469.jpeg
Views:	351
Size:	745.0 KB
ID:	555690Click image for larger version

Name:	Resized_20220204_113208_1899.jpeg
Views:	347
Size:	1.19 MB
ID:	555691
                Attached Files
                Grow # 3 50/50 S/I Critical Mass photo fem
                Seeds drop in water 1/8/2022

Medium: FF Coco Loco plus 30% Perlite in 7 gal cloth bags
                Space: 30x48x62 DIY cabinet lined w/space blankets
                Lighting: Bloomspect SS1000 Quantum board x 3 - 300 watts actual draw
                Soil Supplements: Worm Castings, Crab Shell, Oyster Shell, Neem and Karanja Meal, Volcanic Basalt Dust (for minerals), Recharge root micros. Grow 3 is with reconstituted super soil to which I've added several additional minerals and supplements. A more complete list based on Cackamas Coots super soil recipe can be found in my Auto Toka thread
                i don't grow plants anymore, I grow soil that my plants can thrive in!
                My filtered tap water runs over 7.5 pH but the soil microbes
                make pH correction unnecessary
                Ventilation: Vipospar 4" Exhaust Fan w/RH controller, 12" Carbon Scrubber
                8" bottom intake fan, 6" clip on fan, 6" heater as needed
                Cabinet on screen porch. N AZ @ 4000 ft.

My salute to all who have served
                Semper Fidelis!

Comment

The donated Critical Mass from TOKABIGONE is now as Toka puts it “a dangling root water baby” 😉
                  Click image for larger version  Name:	CD048D0B-2BA8-477C-8F79-846E92427D73.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	1.92 MB ID:	555694

Comment

• UndergroundFarmer
                    UndergroundFarmer commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I've done that a few times back when I was still mostly a hydro grower. That one came back from damn near dying! Beware the coco bits that stick to the root ball - eventually they'll cause a bit of root rot if they don't float off.

We all have been in that kill them with kindness boat. If not your new or a damn liar.
                  braap
                  Mephisto run. yeah i know spellcheck https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-memphisto-run
                  blue strawberries in a four assed galaxy https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...r-assed-galaxy

Comment

As we wait on a photo of Missy in the van - here is Hazel in the tub ( as of this morning). Looks like branch 4 fizzled out. At this point she has 15 or 18 flowering growth tips (5 or 6 per branch depending on if you count the center growth tip on each branch or not).
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	5B32E034-99FA-4480-ABBA-950F1B2F9667.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	2.46 MB ID:	555886

Name:	image_151383.jpg
Views:	336
Size:	1.07 MB
ID:	555887
                    Last edited by BU2B; 02-06-2022, 09:44 AM.

Comment

• TOKABIGONE
                      TOKABIGONE commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Dang it boy! She is as wide as a 5 gal bucket! You're way ahead of me!

Hazel continues her training (30 flowering growth tips so far)

Name:	5F172B68-A1A8-440D-B993-A25BE704BDAD.jpeg
Views:	323
Size:	2.30 MB
ID:	556075
                    She is literally twice the size of Suzie & Suzie

Comment

• bboyfromwayback
                      bboyfromwayback commented
                      Editing a comment
                      That’s a great pic to show how to get them even when young

That is some next level torture there my friend. Don't squeeze them new leaves too tight...😉
                    braap

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X