Leaves getting brown spots yellowing then dying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 3Berries View Post

I use FoxFarm Happy Frog soil. It's great for veg as you really don't need any fertilizer until about a month in. Some calcium and magnesium should be used too.

I just started a new veg and transplanted yesterday from a solo cup to a 2 gal bucket. 27 days since germination. When they are ready for flower I'll put them in a3,5 gal pot. In the past I planted straight into the larger pots, 2 gallon. They get pretty root bound in that size by the end. I went to 3.5 gal ones and they are too big until the end. So starting out small and working up. The added soil too at transplant time has plenty of nutes and helps the roots fill out the new soil.
    Apparently the soil I use doesn’t need nutrients but after adding some more nitrogen the plant seems good again.
    Yeah I also added some more of the rock dust.

You put yours in a 3.5 gal (14 litre right?) once it’s flowering, mine I think is still in veg and I put it in a 3.5 gal a few days ago.
    do you grow indoor or outdoor??
    talking about the stages could I ask you a few question please about the early bloom flowering stage??
    Last edited by Vaibag; 12-31-2021, 06:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Vaibag View Post

Apparently the soil I use doesn’t need nutrients but after adding some more nitrogen the plant seems good again.
      Yeah I also added some more of the rock dust.

You put yours in a 3.5 gal (14 litre right?) once it’s flowering, mine I think is still in veg and I put it in a 3.5 gal a few days ago.
      do you grow indoor or outdoor??
      talking about the stages could I ask you a few question please about the early bloom flowering stage??
      I've found using soil that a big pot/small plant really makes the watering inconstant. May take 3-5 days between waterings. So if you are trying to correct the clock just keeps on ticking. I am in 3.5 gal ones for flowering now and they have been in them all through Veg. Once they are about 4 weeks into flower they really start to use up the water. Last time I was in 2 gallon pots in flowering during the summer and had to water twice a day towards the end.

The Veg I have in 2 gal pots will go to the 3.5 around the last two weeks of Veg.

Comment

I should say to with regard to the FoxFarm soils, the Happy Frog has added nutes the Ocean Forest does not. I had to add nutes to the Ocean Forest after a couple of weeks.

I just transplanted a pint sized cup into a two gallon bucket. The new soil is full of nutes. I filled the bucket with the a cup in the center to make a depression for the new plant. Then watered the soil to run off first, saving the run off for reuse. Then I dusted the hollowed out depression with some Mycorrhizal dust. Then just popped the young girl into her new home.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Bucket and plant reay to transplant.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	783.3 KB
ID:	551544Click image for larger version

Name:	Roots on transplant.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	696.3 KB
ID:	551545

Comment

• Bowhunterwoody
          Bowhunterwoody commented
          Editing a comment
          Think you got that backwards. OF is hotter than HF

I've found using soil that a big pot/small plant really makes the watering inconstant. May take 3-5 days between waterings. So if you are trying to correct the clock just keeps on ticking. I am in 3.5 gal ones for flowering now and they have been in them all through Veg. Once they are about 4 weeks into flower they really start to use up the water. Last time I was in 2 gallon pots in flowering during the summer and had to water twice a day towards the end.

The Veg I have in 2 gal pots will go to the 3.5 around the last two weeks of Veg.
        That’s good to know about the watering as I noticed the soil taking longer to dry with the 3.5.

with the flowering, is your plant in early bloom flowering when the pistils appear? Do you change nutrients from this point onward?? And does the plant then have to have the 12/12 cycle daily??

I read plants use a lot of water and basically double in size during the first 1-3 weeks of flowering. I pretty sure with pistils appearing in a heap of nodes my plant is in early bloom, would that be right?

Comment

Originally posted by Vaibag View Post

That’s good to know about the watering as I noticed the soil taking longer to dry with the 3.5.

with the flowering, is your plant in early bloom flowering when the pistils appear? Do you change nutrients from this point onward?? And does the plant then have to have the 12/12 cycle daily??

I read plants use a lot of water and basically double in size during the first 1-3 weeks of flowering. I pretty sure with pistils appearing in a heap of nodes my plant is in early bloom, would that be right?
          My last Veg watering is half and half veg/flower. Then right to 12/12.o a stretch for a week or two before they start to flower. This is when you can bend them over more easily to fit the lights. but you also start needing a lot of Mg. Be sure the calcium is OK before flowering and cut it back half way through.

I found out at the end before you pick to let them sit in total darkness for three days. I did it two days last time and they were the stickiest plants I've ever seen. The plant really boost the resin output. Even the trunk was sticky.

Comment

My last Veg watering is half and half veg/flower. Then right to 12/12.o a stretch for a week or two before they start to flower. This is when you can bend them over more easily to fit the lights. but you also start needing a lot of Mg. Be sure the calcium is OK before flowering and cut it back half way through.

I found out at the end before you pick to let them sit in total darkness for three days. I did it two days last time and they were the stickiest plants I've ever seen. The plant really boost the resin output. Even the trunk was sticky.
            Thanks for the tip man! I would’ve thought 3 days without sun would be bad.

Can you still tie down during flowering? I read a few things saying that’s bad.
            Got ya with the watering with nutrients.

Is the early flowering also the period where the temp for the plant needs to be 26-28 degrees now till the end of the plants life?
            And is it the plant or the roots that need to be at this temp?

So with the light just let the days continue to change to 12/12?

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X