X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gingerbeard
    replied
    Someone help me out with this.
    Cooler temps than GrOlMa is having are good. But cooler temperatures at night are better for flowering. Check your temperature when the lights come on to see how they are at night.
    If you can, leave your tent open when the light is on.

Leave a comment:

• billyboy
    replied
    Low 80s are no problem in flower, particularly early flower. If you are getting a good 10-15 degrees difference between day and night, they will love it. I do try and get the highs under 80 in late flower and closer to 75 and the nights between 60-65. RH @40% is great IMO.

Leave a comment:

• GrumpyOldMan
    replied
    Ok, now I have another problem, heat...I had to re adjust my lights since I was planning to go to flowering mode soon, and now my temps are running on the upper 70's and low 80's (82 is the highest I have recorded) at the top of the plants
    I've opened my tent, added a box fan and a 12" oscillating fan to go with the other 2 - 6" fans
    No matter what I do, my temps are in the upper 70's and low 80's with my humidity running in the low 40% range

What it too hot? I've read that anything under 85 is ok?
    Please Help,
    Thanks,
    GrumpyOldMan

Leave a comment:

• gbauto
    commented on 's reply
    Good advice.
    Things can get really crowded in a hurry.
    These trellis nets are @ 13" & 26" above the lid.
    I have learned to not let them get too large in veg because some strains will get HUGE.
    Here are examples of my rig and the consequences of vegging too long.

These were flipped to flower when the six main tops reached the first net.
    Everything else is resulting growth from stretch.
    Last edited by gbauto; 12-24-2021, 10:19 PM.

• Ckbrew
    commented on 's reply
    First time I did this I couldn't believe what I was doing. Now I'm used to it easy. I start with damaged leaves, then thin out what ever is interfering with other leaves. Everyone develops their own style.

• GrumpyOldMan
    replied
    Well, I think the first thing I need to do is to defol them, I've noticed the fan leaves were getting outta hand anyway.
    Thanks for the tip on how much to take off, that was my biggest question - how much to remove...
    As far as switching them over, they're still a little small, so I'll probably wait a week or so, that would be 8 weeks total veg time
    I'll see how they do after I trim them up.

Thanks again
    GrumpyOldMan

Leave a comment:

• dilvish
    replied
    if you are okay with their current size then yes go ahead otherwise let them go as long as you want...remember though that you are growing 3 plants in a 4x4 tent so you can run out of room real quick with photos if left too long. Then the issue becomes light and air flow....

Leave a comment:

• Ckbrew
    commented on 's reply
    As long as they are still in veg, you can do a lot to them, even abuse them and they will bounce back. I think they actually grow stronger, faster when leaves are removed. The plant thinks leaves gone, must grow more. Rule of thumb, take 30-40% of leaves, never more than 50%. You will be amazed at the amount of growth after a good defol. If you listen they will tell you when you have taken the right amount of leaves.
    Last edited by Ckbrew; 12-23-2021, 12:44 PM.

• SoOrbudgal
    commented on 's reply
    Great idea

• GrumpyOldMan
    replied
    Thanks everyone for the input, Ckbrew, you confirmed a few things, I'll wait a week or two before I switch the lights,
    They're not very tall, about 6", but you can't really see it, but I've been doing LST for awhile now, so the plant would be about 12 - 14" tall standing upright,
    which also confirmed that I DO need to trim some of the fan leaves, I'm just a little leary of whacking away on my plants.
    I'll trim them up and post better pictures, and as far as the white spots, that was indeed spilled food, not white mildew.

Thanks again
    GrumpyOldMan

Leave a comment:

• gbauto
    replied
    I find that most of the hybrid strains I've run in the past that have been topped a couple of times will get to about 12-14" above the pot in about 5-6 weeks.
    I flip to flower at this stage.
    It's not uncommon for the plants to finish 36-40" above the pot when using this method.
    Obviously, it's strain-dependent but this is what I have seen.

Leave a comment:

• Gingerbeard
    replied
    There is a mark on one of the poles in my tent that tells me when to flip. Any taller in veg and I run the chance of growing too tall for my tent.
    I'm growing twice-topped and topless LST. It looks like either way I go, 8-10 weeks is enough time vegging to get to my mark. You can do yourself a disservice by flipping too early.
    In your grow information, you say you're using FFOF and brick coco. Can you expand a little more? Ratio? When?

Leave a comment:

• Ckbrew
    replied
    They are photos, so they will not flower until you change the light. In general plan on flipping them when they are about .5 the final height you want / have room for. Usually around 8 weeks but it is totally up to you when to do it. I would say they need a trim. Start with the damaged leaves. Open it up more and spread out the branches. In the third pix near the top bunch of leaves it looks like something white is on the leaf. It looks like something maybe spilled on it, but make sure it is not white mildew. Don't think it is but pix can get distorted when posted in a format like this. Hard to tell how tall they are, but it looks like they could grow out a bit before you send them to flower. You are in control of them. Make them do what you want them to do, but listen to what they are telling you what they need to do what you want.

Leave a comment:

• GrumpyOldMan
    started a topic Are these ready to switch to flowering?

Are these ready to switch to flowering?

These are all right at 6 week of vegetative state, I planted them on or just after November 5th, they've been on an 18/6 schedule from early on.
    Should I wait until I see flowers forming, or should I force them into flowering with the light schedule?
    Or should I wait longer? I've got several sets of the leaves like I show in the close-ups on each plant
    They're LA Peyote Kush Fems - NOT autos
    Any thoughts?
    Thanks
    GrumpyOldMan

Click image for larger version

Name:	20211222_111836.jpg
Views:	848
Size:	1.87 MB
ID:	550753Click image for larger version

Name:	20211222_185348.jpg
Views:	747
Size:	1.64 MB
ID:	550754Click image for larger version

Name:	20211222_111844.jpg
Views:	743
Size:	1.73 MB
ID:	550755Click image for larger version

Name:	20211222_111852.jpg
Views:	725
Size:	1.85 MB
ID:	550756Click image for larger version

Name:	20211222_185401.jpg
Views:	730
Size:	1.36 MB
ID:	550757Click image for larger version

Name:	20211222_185408.jpg
Views:	734
Size:	1.43 MB
ID:	550758

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X