Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rwise
    replied
    The Mars Hydro LED I have has no fan to make noise.

Leave a comment:

• Ckbrew
    commented on 's reply
    I add an additional 6 inch clip on fan on the top of the tent pointed straight down at the sf 4000. Does a good job at dispersing the heat and no louder than what is already running.

• Gingerbeard
    replied
    I'm with golfnrl . I have an HLG 360 Elite that uses porcupine looking heat sinks. No fans. But the sucker runs 130° at the light surface. Does a number on warming up a small apartment. Great in winter, not so much in summer.

Leave a comment:

• dilvish
    replied
    LED's typically use both heatsink and fans. Anything that has a fan is eventually going to start making some noise but there are brands that are relatively quiet. Might be cheaper to soundproof the room than to purchase a decent LED...believe me there is a lot of crap out there so you don't want a cheap one.

In the movie Hustle & Flow they used empty paper egg cartons that were stapled to the walls for soundproofing!

Leave a comment:

• Ckbrew
    commented on 's reply
    Sale extended to cyber monday.

• jamesphoto
    replied
    I purchased Vivosun products one year ago. I'm a new grower with a budget. I've read negative things about the Vivosun products but have not had one issue with mine. My tent is a 2'x2' so my LED is a VS1000. Under $100. You may want to look at the lites they offer. Quality lites at an affordable price.

Leave a comment:

• Ckbrew
    replied
    spider farmer sf 4000. $450.00 @ amazon today only. Silent.

Leave a comment:

• click
    replied
    I am using Unit Farm 3000W and 4000W readily found on eBay. The 3000W is silent but the power supply that came with the 4000W has a fan which makes some noise.

Leave a comment:

• golfnrl
    replied
    Hi Windnsky...check out HLG LED lights...what I use in one of my tents. Reasonably priced and produces excellent results.

Leave a comment:

• Rwise
    replied
    I have a Mars Hydro LED, not a sound out of it, uses less power, makes less heat.
    You may be able to replace the ballast with a better one, but I have heard those scream from new. Its because the lamination's are loose and pounding against each other.

Leave a comment:

• windnsky
    started a topic Quiet lighting set up?

Quiet lighting set up?

For my first grow, my lights were annoyingly loud(my wife hated it). We live in a small house with very thin walls, and the tent is in the spare bedroom. Lights on, you could hear the buzzing clear through the drywall. The setup is: 600w HPS with magnetic ballast, in a 4ftx4ftx80in tent

It's been almost a year since that grow wrapped up and the sound is a big part of why I haven't started another one. I'm considering switching to LED or building a small shed in the back for the tent.

There's a fire department across the street, so I can't have lights that give off radio interference like digital HPS ballasts produce. Any suggestions or recommendations?

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X