Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I use a Digital PH Meter pen?

deleted-deleted
    Last edited by Guest; 03-29-2023, 02:58 AM.

I’ve never once calibrated a PH pen..

Comment

• MagicMike66
      MagicMike66 commented
      Editing a comment
      I always use the pen I’ve just never calibrated any of them

I calibrate my ph pen every other week. Any longer and I could run into problems that in my eyes are not worth having. Too easy of a solution. Some people have great water out of their taps and never need to deal with or check ph. Folks running living soil don't either.
    5x5 Gorilla tent
    Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
    Infinity T8 exhaust fan
    Technaflora nutes
    Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

I calibrate my PH meter monthly per its instructions, its never been more than .1 off at either end of the scale.

Comment

My water source is stable and I keep accurate records so I don't need it often. When I do use it I calibrate it BEFORE using, it will drift during storage. Keep a jar of calibration solution on hand, no need to mix up a fresh batch each time. Rinse it well after use, distilled water preferred but not mandatory unless you have very hard water.
        Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

Make sure you rinse it, then shake off any rinse and use a 7.0 standard to store the meter in. Then as long as it reads 7.0 with the standard it's good to go usually.

Comment

• Puglover1
            Puglover1 commented
            Editing a comment
            Nebula suggests drying it with a very soft cloth after rinsing to wipe off any nute residue.

My unit requires both 4.0 and 7.0 or 7.0 and 14.0 (IIRC since I dont use that one), and another fluid to store the prob in.
          IDK anything about the pen you have.

Comment

• Puglover1
            Puglover1 commented
            Editing a comment
            If I (was growing) mix up a couple gallons of pH'd water ahead of time does the pH remain stable? Thinking ahead, trying to avoid another disaster. All I needed was some water ready and I'd be checking trichs soon. My friend used an old bottle of Spring water, no idea of its status, and she didn't use enough. I had 2 gallons of dechlorinated water on the kitchen counter, it would've been better at the tap's pH than what happened.

Big thing with the pens is the bulb sooner or later needs changed or you need a new pen. Mine can do a three point calibration if you have the standards. it comes with 4.0 and 7.0.

Apera Instruments AI209 PH20 is what I have and it is not replaceable.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X