What's goin' on with my girls?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's goin' on with my girls?

Last edited by Guest; 03-29-2023, 03:13 AM.

I'm not clicking your posts for past reasons It looks like heat issues
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• Farmbuck
      Farmbuck commented
      Editing a comment
      Wise move Budgal lolll I also say heat issues.

How close were they before you raised them? It does look to me like too much heat and/or light. Idk much about your light and I'm not confident that I could believe anything anyone tells me about it (or mine) call it lack of trust of the industry. I just went with recommendations from other growers. Looking at specs on a light are great, but if you can not trust the information, I would call it moot. For what it is worth, I use Spider farmer lights and so far have been happy with them. Then again, I have nothing to compare them to except for two T-12 four foot fluorescents which is not really a comparison. One test that I have found to be useful is to put the back of your hand under the light far away from the light. Pay attention to the heat you feel on your hand. Now slowly move your hand closer to the light. You should find a distance where the heat increases at a fester rate per distance moved that was previously experienced. Find that distance and put the light just above that distance from the tops of your plants. Adjust from there as needed. I don't think it is windburn. Air circulation is very important.
    Last edited by Ckbrew; 10-30-2021, 09:36 AM.
    Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

• Ckbrew
      Ckbrew commented
      Editing a comment
      Well, it sounds like my test would put your lights closer. I don't think I would do that now. Is there a dimmer on the light? Manufacturer's recommendation is 80cm for veg and 60 for bloom? That is farther than typical. Maybe that light is stronger than anyone thought. At any rate, I would back off on the light for a while to see if there is an improvement. They will survive, don't worry, be happy. Looks like they are just starting to bloom. What is the temp inside the tent? Some lights can throw a lot of heat even LED.

• Ckbrew
      Ckbrew commented
      Editing a comment
      My first SF 2000 is dimmable, but you have to dismount it from the light board and use a small screw driver down a small hole to get to the adjustment screw. Check there. The newer ones have a simple knob on the outside.

• Ckbrew
      Ckbrew commented
      Editing a comment
      That black button sounds like what ur looking for. If there is no screw slot in the black button it may be a plastic plug for the hole, pry it out, yeah don't push it in.

Look for a website for the manufacturer of the driver, not the light. Find the model # on driver and search it.

"I may not be a smart man, but I know BS when I hear it".

So there is a dimmer adjustment port, but you can't use it, and the lights are the best you can get, but they are too bright/hot and are frying your plants- The Light manufacturer says "must be the seeds".

I asked my son who knows a lot about computers and some about electronics if he thought changing the adjuster might cause a problem. He said maybe. It all depends on how it was set up to work with the LEDs. Sometimes parts are used that have features that can not be used with other components, so just because there is an adjustment port does not necessarily mean it is there to be used. Welcome to the wild world of cheap, mass produced, custom electronics. It sounds like they are getting ready to sell you some parts to fix their problem.

Idk man, how high can you raise them in the mean time until you get this figured out. I'm running out of ideas. Maybe you could put a partial screen like translucent cloth between the light and plants? Sounds like a waste or light. It sounds like it is just to powerful for your space.
    Last edited by Ckbrew; 11-01-2021, 09:14 AM.
    Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

Madman if you paid 770 bucks for a 330 watt light you got jerked. The mean well driver is top notch but that's it. Osram diodes are ok. Samsung 301 diodes are top of the line atm. Can't find anything online about test results of this which is a red flag. Here's the one I have paid 400usd and it is dimmable.
      Coco for Cannabis & Migro grow light testing. Mars Hydro SP 3000 Review, Video, PAR map, PPF & PPFD, Efficiency, Hanging Height, Harvest Estimates

Use this website to review lights you are interested in. They are very thorough.
      keeping it green with the soil thing
      love me some frosty autos
      braap
      BRAAPZAI https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...162-braaap-zai
      Mephisto run. yeah i know spellcheck https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-memphisto-run
      the fruit basket https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...et-auto-runrun
      blue strawberries in a four assed galaxy https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...r-assed-galaxy

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X