Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Puglover1
    replied
    Can you put E-6000 or something to fill in glass cracks in the spot? The 'rainforest' has things I never knew existed for weird repairs.

Leave a comment:

• Gingerbeard
    commented on 's reply
    That's a sharpening steel. Don't have one.
    Despite the name, a sharpening steel does not sharpen blades. It straightens the edges so it doesn't have to get sharpened as much. Same-same a strop at real barber shops. It's more for honing.

• Smoklahoma
    replied
    Do you have one of those sharpening sticks that come with a knife set? Might work?

Leave a comment:

• Gingerbeard
    started a topic Oil rig repair

Oil rig repair

The mouthpiece of my rig has developed a teeny little chip in the edge. It's just big enough to grab one of the hairs under my lip.
    My only experience with trying to rough out a sharp piece of glass wound up with broken glass and a small cut. Granted, the file on toenail clippers was not the best tool choice. Mia culpa.
    Is there anything homeopathic I can use to rough out the chip? Or is this a job for superfine sandpaper? I know I can hone a knife to razor with blue jeans but I don't think that's a solution.
    And before you funny people get the chance to say it, no, I'm not trimming by beard. Nor am I buying a new rig. Or borrowing, renting, or stealing one. Not going to jury rig something up. I will not quit dabbing.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X