No announcement yet.

Autos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Entering week 9 now and starting to see signs of the end on the 2 big plants.. Pistils are beginning to turn, there’s frost on the sugar leaves and they’re starting to smell good. The one on the left looks she’ll be a heavy yielder with big fat colas all the way down the stems. The 3rd auto is now into flower and beginning her stretch so we’ll see what comes of it. I would definitely echo Nebula’s newsletter by saying that topping this plant definitely seems to have induced flower a lot earlier than the other 2.
    Attached Files

Comment

• Puglover1
      Puglover1 commented
      Editing a comment
      I have auto envy. Nice looking grow!

• MagicMike66
      MagicMike66 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks!

Northern Lights Auto [day 70 week 10] Seed seller says 10 - 12 weeks after sprouting.
    I see some colors on all 4, tricomes still shiny transparent, not milky yet. (Jewelers magnifying glass.)
    Should I stop feeding nutrients now, only PH 6.5-6.2 water, for a week or 10 days, then flush?
    This is the most difficult part for me, how to count down to only water, then flush and finally harvest.
    Drying, burping and curing that I know how to, but this stage its...hmm. I don't know?!
    I wanna have the perfect blend of color pistils and tricomes of course, couch lock is fine sometimes but this project I want more of an energetic high.
    I know this strain is indica dominant so I probably can't expect to much of that.
    Next project will be Amnesia Haze.
    So far my Ladies, they all look and they all smell, oh the smell... mmm... it's very promising.
    Any thougths on this is highly appreciated.

Must say I find this forum very inspiring and I'm so glad I found my way here!

Stay safe and healthy, best regards,
    madman

Photos not so good, had to read the manual (first time) on focusing and, me thinks me camera is smarter than me.
    Last edited by madman; 11-22-2021, 08:45 PM. Reason: correction of harvest week from seed seller

Comment

• Puglover1
      Puglover1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Use the seed source info as a suggestion, it 'usually' takes longer. You have some nice colas growing, let them fatten up more. This is when the smell is divine. You don't have many darkened/orange pistils, lot of white still. When more pistils curl and darken, and if the leaves' colors start to fade, you still have time to flush. With a NL auto I'd go by the pistils first, you might have more sativa than indica, you never know with hybrids. I'd guess to anticipate two weeks before you decide to flush or not. Patience is so worth it, but you're the one who can see the trichs the best. Nice looking plants!

• MagicMike66
      MagicMike66 commented
      Editing a comment
      Madman, what you’re growing in will determine how long to flush for. I grow in coco and although it only needs a couple of plain waterings I usually give them closer to 2 weeks, this allows the plant to use all the ‘food’ that’s left in the leaves (they’ll turn colour near the end). If you’re looking for more of a high rather than couch lock, I’d suggest you keep an eye on those trichs and flush as soon as you see cloudy/milky. I harvested my last grow a bit earlier than usual so I could have some ‘daytime’ smoke instead of being stuck melted on the sofa, it’s nice for a change but I’ll be looking for a heavier stone with these autos. Good luck

• madman
      madman commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Puglover and MagicMike
      I use airy peat moss and types of tree bark.
      Should I start watering without nutritions now?
      When tricomes are cloudy/milky then start flushing.

About camera... there is a "Vario-Sonnar" moving ring on the lens... I thought I was using an "Auto mode"... stupid camera!

No you definitely don’t want to stop using nutes just now. Your plants look like they have a good bit to go yet. Only stop with the nutes when you see cloudy trichs then just plain water to flush

Comment

• madman
      madman commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks MagicMike
      Aha... I like different points of view! Will look veery closely for cloudy trichs!
      Wish I had a steady macro camera since old age sight and old shaky hands makes it difficult holding the jewelers loupe.

Day 76 Northern Lights Auto

Close to harvest, lots of amber color, hard to tell about cloudy/milky tricomes, can't really see with jewellers loupe because of old shaky hands, but perhaps still transparent.
    I'm gonna get me a macro camera.
    I think a couple more days before flush?
    Any input much appreciated.
    Thanks...
    Stay safe and healthy, best regards,
    madman

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      Man that's looking great not long to go but don't let that eagerness talk you into early harvest you just put down them scissors and let her plump up a couple more weeks you won't be disappointed. Yes sir just enjoy the view for now

• madman
      madman commented
      Editing a comment
      Me and my 2 pairs of scisssors, my newly bought Mason jars wide mouth quart smooth, are so ready!!

Looking good madman. Still see plenty of white pistols. Another week or two I think.

Comment

• madman
      madman commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks! I'll use your good info and wait... but... I'm so eager that I can barely hold on...
      This is my best project ever!!

when the leaves begin yellowing all over the plant then it's time to harvest...you are not quite there yet but good job.
    I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

• madman
      madman commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, will use your info as an indication when to start flushing!

Check back with us in a week or so. I know the wait is killing you but it'll be so worth it .. in potency and weight.
    Soil: Coast of Maine Stonington Blend, perlite; Seedlings: CoM org potting soil
    Indoor: 2 x 5.5 x 8' Closet grow
    Viparspectra XS2000; EnjoYield 220W full spectrum light added during flower
    Various size fabric grow bags
    Cal-Mag & GH Trio if needed; Flower Fuel & molasses during bloom; ReCharge
    4 clip fans. Exhaust into attic is vented to the eaves
    Current grow: DEAD FLOWERS

"Joker, smoker & midnight toker, I sure don't want to hurt no one"

Comment

• madman
      madman commented
      Editing a comment
      I'll check back with a photo of Ladies in a week, it's gonna be a loong week...

[Day 82]

Ladies lookin' good! They seems to be very happy and enjoying life!
    Did not think that they would be in such different stages of maturity and stature.
    Thought I could harvest all four at once.
    Thought to dry all 4 in tent but now I need to create an extra drying tent.
    Has old tent poles and thick black big construction garbage bags so it can be done easily.
    Lots of amber and now waiting for cloudy/milky tricomes... oh the wait...
    Leafs on Lady 1 is starting to get yellow!! It's close...
    Had to support 3 ladies with thin, stiff Tig stainless welding wire 'cause buds are now so heavy!!
    These wires are ridiculously expensive!! Fortunately I have a close friend who has a welding-forging company.
    They work perfectly and are stiff and at the same time flexible so trunks can move gently by wind from fans.
    Rounded sharp ends with metal file so I wouldn't damage any roots as gently pushing them down in pots soil.

I cannot figure out how PH works in my medium? 4 recent waterings I have not changed the PH at all and the ladies still seem to thrive?
    When lowering PH I get different PH reads from runoff each time.
    Now whithout adjusting PH, just tap water+nutritions, I get a stable read of runoff at PH 5.8 each time?

I have now asked Canna 3 times about this at their site and havn't got any answers from them yet!?! WTF?
    Using CANNA Terra Professional Plus medium and Canna nutritions.
    "The medium is pH-adjusted for long-term control with a lime charge large enough to last an entire cycle.
    It has a mineral-nutrient starter charge that adjusts the initial level of nutrients up to a good beginning charge,
    correcting the ratios to work perfectly with CANNA TERRA nutrients."
    How should I interpret this? Does it mean that I do not have to adjust PH before watering?
    Any input on this is highly appreaciated.

Thanks, stay safe and healthy, best regards,
    madman
    Last edited by madman; Yesterday, 04:26 AM.

Comment

Madman she looks plenty healthy. Won't be long now. At this point your only a week or two away I wouldn't stress your pH on this one. This is what I've been chasing too. The miracle grow organics I use does not have enough lime to buffer the pH of my water for the entire grow so I'm experimenting with pot size and dolomite lime amendment amounts. With that said you want to keep the pH during flower 6.5-7. mine drops about mid flower and the dreaded brown spots appear. Congratulations.

Comment

• madman
        madman commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks, I'm on my toes...
        I just got an answer from Canna apologizing for the delay, yeah that's OK, better late than never.
        For now I'll just keep watering as I've done until harvest time.
        Do you think I should stop with nutes, only water? Maybe start with flush?
        Next project I will start to be more careful with setting the exact PH.
        Last edited by madman; 12-07-2021, 06:33 PM.

The bud pic one I would do water only. The whole plant pics look like they are still swelling.

Comment

• madman
        madman commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for the good advice, will follow!

Week 11 for the 2 big autos at the back, the one on the right is just about there, she’s coming down next weekend. The other is still putting out white pistils so she’s got a bit to go. The 3rd auto that I topped will be a runt in comparison to these but will still hopefully get some fat nugs of it.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X