• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scroggins techniques

So trying to get some input on my first time scrogging
    Attached Files

Hi Pieater122172,

IMHO, this is the finest Scrog tutorial available:
    I have yet to find a ScrOG tutorial that I 1) agree with and 2) wasn’t a little confused after reading it. There’s one on GWE that’s ok (LBH’s ScrOG tutorial) it starts off really easy to follow until his plant goes under a screen then it gets a little murky from there. As I was doing my second topping this morning it

Soup to Nutz, Courtesy of Master Scrogger, bboyfromwayback.
    My goal is epicurean quality rather than high yield.
    I'm learning how to create cannabis tinctures and hashish and I almost always use a vaporizer to spare my aging lungs.
    Despite my avatar name I'm generally amenable and helpful. So, if there's a question I'm qualified to answer, hit me up!

-Grouchy

Comment

• LemonBud
      LemonBud commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi grouchyoldman as I an . I do not scrog maybe one day when I really understand why to use it so I may read about it. Nice looking plants. I am interrested in a vaporizer does that really help out with harsh cannabis. Good Luck and Peace Out. LemonBud

• grouchyoldman
      grouchyoldman commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi LemonBud, I find that using a vaporizer has improved my experience as well as helping my health.

Just consider that Vaping herb gives you the option to slowly release the full flavor of the herb in stages, first the volatile terpenes, then the middle tones of cannabinoids as the temp rises, and finally as the last of the trichomes pop, the full blast of CannaMagic.

My homebrew vaporizer allows temps from 250 F to 1100, so I can literally light the bud on fire if I choose, but l never do. Ramp it up slowly and max out at 380-400 F, then look at the ABV weed with a loupe, you'll see that all the trichomes are gone and what's left is just wood.

Anyways, thumbs up on dry flower vape, at least for me.

• bboyfromwayback
      bboyfromwayback commented
      Editing a comment
      1100!!!! What’s that like just to be curious? Anything over 420 I think starts to taste like ass but the effect seems stronger. So I’ve been trying something similar as you described, first couple hits are a lower temp to taste the flower then I turn the temp up to get me that feeling I desire

Hey Great I may go down to the vape shop and look for one. Thanks
    1 Marshydro tsl 2000 @ 300 watt.
    1 sf2000 @200 watts
    2 philzon @230 watts
    2x4x5 tent
    3x6x8 closet
    Fox Farm ocean forest
    Black gold for seedling
    3 gal pot holes in sides and bottom
    RH 40-60
    Temp 70-80
    Feeding with FF trio with molasses
    calmag and a little flower fuel
    Light at 10 -16 inches above canopy

Finished growing: Durban poison x Atomic Shiva, Dark Matter x Atomic Shiva, Golden Goat x Atomic Shiva and Summit Sweet Skunk x Atomic Shiva

Next up: Apple Fritter 2x, ATF, Og Kush.

Comment

grouchyoldman More detail on your vape, what exactly is it so I can look it up? Ty.
      Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

• grouchyoldman
        grouchyoldman commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi Ckbrew, Mine is a custom job, I've been meaning to do a post on it, thanks for the nudge.

I'm no expert don't do a scrog but i've done it in the past until the dog got to the netting i think yours looks pretty dang good
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

I agree, good job. For your first attempt it looks like a ScrOG net, not a trellis👍🏻👍🏻 Only advice next time is fill the screen more before flipping but still, you’ll be happy with what you have. You should harvest buds mostly all the same size at the top with little to no fluff.

grouchyoldman I appreciate the love. Things been kinda rough round here lately. Anything encouraging right now is greatly appreciated. Seriously, thank you!

One of these days I’m going to redo that tutorial. The meat of that one is good but I had other grows going on at the same time and kinda swirled them all together. Plus tbh when I was doing that i was also doing a lot of experimenting with my Magic Butter Machine and was glued to the ceiling most evenings when I’d post 😂

Almost through my first AutoPot grow, week 4 of flower. Once it’s wrapped up I’m gona be shutting things down for a bit. Currently have over 30oz combined from over 10 different strains not including the ones in the tent now. Yes I admit, I have a growing problem😔

Next grow will definitely be Girl Scout Cookies, most likely ScrOG’d under a 3ftx3ft screen in AutoPots. I don’t want to use a 4x4 screen because it’ll consume my tent. Under a 3x3 I can spin it around.

Comment

• grouchyoldman
          grouchyoldman commented
          Editing a comment
          @Bboyfromwayback,

Aiii Brother, sorry to hear, I'm feeling your pain.

2020 sucked cheese and 2021 has gotten worse for a whole lot of people. One foot in front of t'other.

Growing this fascinating herb got us through CV19 (I Hope), so we keep doing what we love and what's better than that, really.

Here's sum Love: "You Da Man" when it comes to ScrOG as far as I'm concerned, and I get around.

Here’s what I got going in my 2x4 now, White Widow in a AutoPot under a 24”x22” screen, week 4 of flower

Comment

• grouchyoldman
          grouchyoldman commented
          Editing a comment
          Grow of a lifetime! Rawk On Bboy!

• Pieater122172
          Pieater122172 commented
          Editing a comment
          Wow those look tasty

• bboyfromwayback
          bboyfromwayback commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks guys! Little history on the WW pictured. It’s a mutant, I only topped it once above the 4th node then removed everything below the 3rd node. The 3rd node produced 3 colas and at each node as they grew out produced 3 colas instead of two. The 4th node naturally had 4 colas which repeated at every node as it grew out as well. As you can tell it made one hell of a mess under that screen, I had too much going on to tend to it daily. Still a relatively flat canopy across the top which should produce uniform dense nugs

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X