Grow Update, And Possible Bud Rot, First Timer Need Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grow Update, And Possible Bud Rot, First Timer Need Help

Noticed a few buds on my plant had turned gray/blueish, then checked them today and they were brown. Could this be bud rot, and if so should I cut that part of the plant off? Also i've got the next few days off from work unexpectedly so it would be a good opportunity to harvest the plant for me, but I don't want to prematurely do so and potentially ruin the plant, can anyone weigh in on if they think the plant is ready or not?

Yes that's a case of bud rot. Yes remove the bud an stem else it will travel. We use what's called a jewlers loop to view ripeness your's looks good from this distance but unless you look at trichomes on the bud it's not hard to do with a close up. Look for all milky trichomes.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Originally posted by SoOrbudgal View Post
      Yes that's a case of bud rot. Yes remove the bud an stem else it will travel.
      yikes, is the bud ruined or can i just cut out the rotted part and harvest the rest of it. and if so, are all the buds on the stem ruined or is the whole thing salvageable? I might just end up harvesting the whole plant tomorrow since its an out door plant and I could see whatever happened to cause this bud rot happening again to other parts of the plant.

Comment

I've had an issue with bud rot on my plants. Removed the infected buds but, it's showing up in other areas not even close. Started harvesting early. Some bud is better then none.
        good luck

Comment

bummer , feel your pain! I just bon-fired 3 plants and will never go outdoor again
          If you get confused....listen to the music play

Comment

Yes bud rot. Welcome to the club. Has hit most people this year. Cut the rot, do not use. Salvage what you can. Br starts from the inside and moves out so if you see it, already to late. No cure only mitigation. Reduce humidity and temp. u r outdoors so u may want to consider cut and run.
            Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

Decided to harvest since i had a few days off of work, how come no one told me it would take like 8 hours to do one plant lmao. Thanks for the advice all, got the plant in a pretty dry and cool room now so hopefully the rest of the process goes well.

Comment

• homegrown
                homegrown commented
                Editing a comment
                Hahaha..thats called Trim Jail. 8 hours seems fair...lol. Everybody's getting ready to do some time. Im done trimming..just have some little ones on the go at the moment.

I feel your pain.
              love/hate thing going on. Just finishing up my fourth plant. Feels like a full time job.

Soon you will be enjoying your harvest!!!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X