White powder mildew???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

White powder mildew???

Well guys I come to you again with yet another question dont hate me lol I am mostly just concerned that I might have white powdery mildew starting to take from on one of my ladies! And if so what would be my best way at combatting it? I first noticed just one little spot on the top of that exact fan leaf. However upon further inspection there is a small handful more on the bottom of that same leaf. Nowhere else on the plant have I seen any signs of this. Just this one leaf. Click image for larger version

Name:	20211002_093207.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	2.34 MB
ID:	540256Click image for larger version

Name:	20211002_061305.jpg
Views:	205
Size:	2.22 MB
ID:	540255
    Attached Files

Take those leaves off and examine with your loupe - doesn't look like WPM to me and I know what it looks like. WPM doesn't just appear on one leaf - it usually spreads fast. Usually appears on the other side of the leaf.
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• wikimania1975
      wikimania1975 commented
      Editing a comment
      Okay so where that leaf is it's right on the top cola so I can't really get it down on the main stalk, is it wise to just leave a fan leaf stem sticking out? I'm worried that by doing so it will leak sap or moisture more or less in onto the actual bud/flower and give me more issues than just leaving it along until I know for sure?

• Canuck147
      Canuck147 commented
      Editing a comment
      Okay - it's your plant - but losing one leaf isn't a big deal - unless one only has a few leaves.

Use a scissor clip off the leaf there's not enough moisture to drip further issues. Looks thick kinda like lime dust on backside. Shake the dew off first thing is what i do outdoors.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Possibly Mealybugs they leave white patches.
      https://www.growweedeasy.com/cannabi...lems/mealybugs
      Do a thorough examination of your plants, do you find any mealys?

It looks like it could be WPM but I'd need more photos to confirm. Some of the leaves in the background look like WPM.
      What's the humidity % (RH) in your grow space?
      What's your air circulation like? - do you have a vent fan pulling in fresh air and pushing out old air from the tent? do you have fans blowing on the leaves enough to make them 'dance' lightly?
      Last edited by grefranger; 10-02-2021, 03:18 PM.

Comment

• wikimania1975
        wikimania1975 commented
        Editing a comment
        Dancing leaves yes. I've got air moving around. The rh of the area is pretty high like staying around 62%. I have yet to get a dehumidifier. To actually take control of the rh. But that's the only spots that I've noticed. I went ahead and snipped that leaf off and will continue to monitor it. I dont have fans pulling air yet, I just leave my tent door open in our darkest room to allow fresher air to be drawn in. Otherwise ive got one big oscillating fan in the front and a clip on fan on the backside of the plants.

After zooming in they definitely look like mealy bugs. They are a nuisance. Never had them on my cannabis but I have have issues with them on house plants. I use straight ISO in a spray bottle, hose them down and let nature take care of the rest. Usually it only takes one application to get rid of them.
      5x5 Gorilla tent
      Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
      Infinity T8 exhaust fan
      Technaflora nutes
      Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	received_379413377181521.jpeg
Views:	159
Size:	81.8 KB
ID:	540353Click image for larger version

Name:	received_820049905356867.jpeg
Views:	148
Size:	83.0 KB
ID:	540354Click image for larger version

Name:	received_266739441994429.jpeg
Views:	151
Size:	96.3 KB
ID:	540355Click image for larger version

Name:	received_841536136473640.jpeg
Views:	147
Size:	153.4 KB
ID:	540356

Comment

Yuper.. Those are mealy bugs.
          5x5 Gorilla tent
          Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
          Infinity T8 exhaust fan
          Technaflora nutes
          Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X