Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gingerbeard
    replied
    That really is the way to go TenTonBrick . Natural. One step. All I ever did with seeds was shove them in my garden dirt. Never had an issue. Even let fruit and veggies and beans and stuff fall to the ground to seed for the next year. Now, I have options.
    I'm clumsy. I am guaranteed to knock over several of my Solo cups, several times when in that stage because I move them from my tent to outside when there's sun. Pre-rooting saves me at least those few days of nervousness.

Leave a comment:

• TenTonBrick
    replied
    I have never soaked seeds and have not had luck with paper towels. I just drop seeds in soil and usually See them pop in 3 or 4 days. I switch between My tap water and bottled water when watering.

Leave a comment:

• Gingerbeard
    replied
    Started soaking in water, yesterday. They cracked. But it just isn't my way. Although I know it works, they had to go to paper towel.
    I'm down to four of 12 sees I tried in water. 8 cracked. 2 of those grew taps. My success just isn't there.

Leave a comment:

• crucialbunny
    replied
    I drink Aquafina bottled water and use it with my paper towel method. I don't even bother soaking the seeds anymore. I prefer keeping things as simple as possible.

Leave a comment:

• Gingerbeard
    commented on 's reply
    You must know something different Ace1973 . Checked multiple sources.

• Jimmynuetron
    replied
    I use Brita, filtered water and on top of the fridge always works for me. 2 days...

Leave a comment:

• Ace1973
    replied
    add sugar to the water, it will make them sprout faster

Leave a comment:

• Gingerbeard
    started a topic Water for seed germinating

Water for seed germinating

Does anyone do anything to their water when floating or paper toweling seeds? Maybe changing the water? I was thinking about doing something with H2O2.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X