Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gingerbeard
    commented on 's reply
    Menudo as a party food? Must be a family thing. Those recipes are family secrets like mole. I would have to try the ingredients, individually, before trying the soup. But you can't go wrong with pretty much any Mexican broth.

• crucialbunny
    replied
    My next door neighbors celebrate holidays in grand fashion a number of times each year. They set up tents and have mariachis but unfortunately for me their food of choice is always menudo. They start their diaper soup at the crack of dawn on an outdoor cooker that is not far from my bedroom window while it cooks for the entire day. I'm a bit of a culinary Viking and will try most any foods but I just can't develop a palate for menudo.

Leave a comment:

• PLreef
    replied
    Damn man. Now I wanna go hit up the Mexican joint in town. They have killer chimichangas.

Leave a comment:

• Gingerbeard
    started a topic Party crashing

Party crashing

Right!
    There's a party going on, downstairs in the American Legion. Any party at the AL usually winds up having a Mexican food caterer. That means carne asada, pollo, frijoles. Like a mobile Mexican restaurant. Diggity how I love me a carne asada plate.
    The theme is usually drunken filled boisterousness and shenanigan's, usually public urination, the occasional elevator urination, and loud music. Wedding showers. Karaoke nights. Birthdays. Why do drunken birthday people always yell, "It's my birthday, bitches!"? Easy enough parties to crash but not really my thing. I don't want to be known as one of those guys.
    Tonight is a little different. Tonight's theme is a double baby shower. There is a string of Mexican ladies dressed to impress, waiting at the carne grill, and filling the banquet hall. Tonight seems the right time to crash a party at the legion. But I don't have an angle. I'm obviously not an immaculately dressed Mexican lady and I would never have this beard hover over a hot grill.
    So, I'm thinking about being the 'entertainment.' I don't dance or sing. I would not be appropriate doing improv in that scene. My Thunder from Down Under days are over. I was thinking about stealing one of our city workers' trucks and showing up like I was David Hodo. I'm just stumped. How does a 6', 200+lb, 51 year old, white guy with a long, ginger beard and hair get into a baby shower, when he's high on drugs?
    Gddmn I have the fckng munchies!

If you knew who David Hodo was without a google or waiting for others to answer, you, my friend, are a fan. I've never been into boy bands.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X