Why

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why

Why do people give the advice to throw away a plant. Don’t we want to encourage new growers to fight through the trouble and reach a harvest no matter how small. There is still more to do after harvest that they need to learn. Success is great even if only a gram or 2. We learn from failure. If you don’t have an answer direct them to the web site.
    thanks for reading
    good growing

Fjeff, you have to weigh the cost of growing verses what you get out of it. It don't make sense to pay $100.00 of resources to grow 1 or 2 grams of weed.
    Last edited by kingfish; 09-24-2021, 01:50 PM.

Comment

• Tersky
      Tersky commented
      Editing a comment
      Also good response. Cost benefit really plays into it.

1. Provide space for other plants.
    2. Irreparable bug and disease damage.
    3. Less watering and nutes.
    4. Less stress about a plant with issues.
    5. Poor phenotype. I had a plant that was lousy with buds. But not a single trichome. The others were happy and chunky.
    6. Won't spread bugs and diseases.
    7. Males.
    8. Recurring issues that don't go away.
    9. GWE and the GWE Forum don't have all the answers.
    10. Cats and clover.
    More elephant!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6
    Nutes
    CalMag

Comment

• DW2
      DW2 commented
      Editing a comment
      I can agree with #s 2, 6, and 7, but what does #10 have to do with the price of tea in China?

• Ckbrew
      Ckbrew commented
      Editing a comment
      Idk anything about $ for tea, but cats are a definite factor and I have heard strong rumors about the clover.

• Ace1973
      Ace1973 commented
      Editing a comment
      I had #5 last grow

Last grow I had to throw away, it was just bunk. All the time I invested and nutrients really hurt, what was I to do? Keep it? No, I tossed a half pound of bunk and I am fine with it.

Comment

I tossed a plant in late July because it was completely bug infested. Put in new seed and now have healthy 6 foot plant.

Comment

• Ace1973
        Ace1973 commented
        Editing a comment
        it is the nature of the beast, sometimes you have a dud and there is nothing else you can do

Why not? You have to know when it is better to cut and run or just plain abandon and run. Sometimes things just get out of hand due to stuff happening. Spend your time and resources on something more productive. Just remember that every failure is a learning experience. Take away something positive about it and add to your knowledge.

Should I spend my time on this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	BUD ROT EXTREMEA.jpg
Views:	322
Size:	992.4 KB
ID:	538542

Or this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	2021-9-18-5A.jpg
Views:	312
Size:	1.01 MB
ID:	538543
      Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

DW2

Mutation, Stunting, Or Is It Clover? - GrowWeedEasy.com Cannabis Growing Forum

As for cats. Cat owners keep talking about their cats eating their plants. Seems to me a body has to choose their cat over their plants.
        More elephant!

Coco/perlite
        3x3x6
        Nutes
        CalMag

Comment

• Gingerbeard
          Gingerbeard commented
          Editing a comment
          Meh. You're high.

• DW2
          DW2 commented
          Editing a comment
          I try!!

• Gingerbeard
          Gingerbeard commented
          Editing a comment
          That's why it's called 'experimenting' with drugs.

I agree with what all of you far more experienced growers are saying. If a plant is on death's door, it's probably better to move on.

At the same time, though, I'm on my second grow, and I'm glad I fought through my root rot issues in both. Helped me identify one of the key problems (light leak) that would just keep being an issue if I didn't fix it. A lot of advice I read online said to just toss a plant once root rot sets in.

Although I've got to say it was the GWE main site that gave me the confidence to try to correct it. Without GWE, I would've binned my plants, started again, and binned those, too. Instead, I harvested 12oz and will hopefully have another successful harvest soon. I'd be lost without this place!

Comment

• Ckbrew
          Ckbrew commented
          Editing a comment
          Good that you got through your root issues. That is what makes you a better grower, carry on. Its just a matter of knowing when to hold, and knowing when to fold.

• DW2
          DW2 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes DoSiGrow, sometimes the best learned lessons in life (and growing) come with some pain, stress, and just plain stubbornness (in my case lol).

Dont want to spread the pollen.
        1 Marshydro tsl 2000 @ 300 watt.
        1 sf2000 @200 watts
        2 philzon @230 watts
        2x4x5 tent
        3x6x8 closet
        Fox Farm ocean forest
        Black gold for seedling
        3 gal pot holes in sides and bottom
        RH 40-60
        Temp 70-80
        Feeding with FF trio with molasses
        calmag and a little flower fuel
        Light at 10 -16 inches above canopy

Finished growing: Durban poison x Atomic Shiva, Dark Matter x Atomic Shiva, Golden Goat x Atomic Shiva and Summit Sweet Skunk x Atomic Shiva

Next up: Apple Fritter 2x, ATF, Og Kush.

Comment

Thanks Ckbrew and DW2, I do hope that when I eventually run into a severe issue that would be best solved by starting over, I'm not too stubborn to realize it.

Comment

I'm about to toss 2 stunted dosidos. Figures I would invest more in nutes,lights and time than their worth.
            640 watt hlg quantum board
            320 watt diy chilled pucks x4
            300 watt mars hydro sp3000
            150 watt hlg quantum board
            100 watt spider farmer led x2
            organic soil with earth dust dry amendments
            Water only i don't check ph
            6 pot fabric autopots with GH trio nutes

Comment

I tossed 2 blueberry that were mutated and not producing, --it happens, another inside was not growing, I sat it outside in the heat and it started putting on. I guess it did not like 74* F but the 100* it does.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X