Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drekthar
    replied
    I use one all the time now. I generally am getting over 1 lb and i just dont have the time to sit and trim. The wife who is the smoker doesn't complain.

Leave a comment:

• bboyfromwayback
    commented on 's reply
    Agreed! And she passed with šŸ‘šŸ»šŸ‘šŸ» First time trying GDP that Iā€™m aware of. See what you mean with the ā€˜purpleā€™ taste. Not fruity but thereā€™s a hint of grape on the backend. Bit heavier than I like at 1pm but itā€™s Friday soā€¦

• Catfish22
    commented on 's reply
    Agree, I would rather be impressed with the smoke test!

• bboyfromwayback
    replied
    Bout to sample some GDP, these buds were all spun and have been in jars for 2wks now. Not perfect but close enough that I donā€™t care

Leave a comment:

• Drekthar
    commented on 's reply
    I've used one the last 3-4 grows and find them invaluable. I don't smoke myself but i grow for the wife. Last grow i had 2.25lbs from 6 plants and it still took 2 nights even with the trimmer. Usually pulling 4-6 oz dried per plant and i couldn't see myself going back to hand trimming with that much bud.

• Smoklahoma
    replied
    I got one I used last harvest. Defflinatly worth it. Little bit of a learning curve on how much to put in at a time. The speed at which you turn the handle also affects the closeness of the trim. Arthritis saver!

Leave a comment:

• PLreef
    commented on 's reply
    Appreciate the feed back. I'm leary any type of mechanical trimming but you just might have me sold. I love the look of hand trimmed bud but I can't stand trimming the loose buds on the bottom of the plant.

• billyboy
    replied
    That is a strange contraption but it looks like it works. Maybe I will give one a try. Thanks for the pics @bboyfromwayback

Leave a comment:

• bboyfromwayback
    commented on 's reply
    Iā€™ve always hung my plants untrimmed to dry because it takes longer (smoother smoke) and you can get a closer trim by hand so this definitely changed up how I harvest. It usually takes 3-4 days depending on how thick the buds are. With a rack itā€™s easy to overdry so I start weighing day 3. Iā€™ve found once youā€™ve lost 70-75% of the wet weight theyā€™re ready for jars. I still mix it up. I still take 3-4 nice colas and hang them untrimmed then spin the rest of the plant. This last harvest on all the manifolds I cut the stems at the base then started at the bottom cutting everything off onto the tray, even fan leaves. Once I got to the tops I hand trimmed them instead of spinning. It took a little longer but worth it. The lower stuff is where most of your pain in the ass trimming is so I gladly spin all of that. End up with a bunch of nicely trimmed round nugs. My last harvest wouldā€™ve taken me a week by myself. Did it in one nightšŸ‘šŸ»
    Last edited by bboyfromwayback; 09-24-2021, 11:34 PM.

• PLreef
    replied
    bboyfromwayback help me understand this system better. You chop and cut off all the nuggets and large fan leaves. Then run them through the bowl trimmer. From there you dry on a hanging rack and jar up for curing??? How long are you able to dry for? I find it best the longer the better in regards to drying.

Leave a comment:

• bboyfromwayback
    commented on 's reply
    No matter which brand you get the blade should come with 3 spacers to vary the distance from the tray. I like using one spacer, seems to only get the leaves. No spacer with the blade right against the tray didnā€™t bother the big buds but it ate the little ones up

• soonboomer
    commented on 's reply
    That machine trims about like I do by hand. Probably ordering one this week.

• Puglover1
    commented on 's reply
    bboy, I won a GoProHero5 a couple of years ago. Charged the batt, set the time/date, put in an SD card and only took one picture so far. If I had time it'd be nice to do time lapse pics. I bought an accessory pkg, wanted to mount it on the crazy pug for a pug birthday party here but being the hostess I didn't have time for that either. I wanted to be sure it worked OK before warranty expiration.

• bboyfromwayback
    commented on 's reply
    Thereā€™s was probably enough plant batter in the bottom to fill a gallon sized freezer bag from these two plants. When I jar them I glance them over and anything I notice that needs trimmed I will. I donā€™t spin dry buds anymore, that will straight shred them into pieces.

• Puglover1
    commented on 's reply
    They look pretty nice to me.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X