Bowl trimmer- anyone used one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bowl trimmer- anyone used one?

Anyone used one of these: https://www.amazon.com/VIVOSUN-Trimm...7L8CZK73&psc=1

Are they any good, worth getting?
    Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Get the bigger one, believe it’s 19” otherwise I can’t give this enough thumbs up πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ» πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ» πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»

Comment

• bboyfromwayback
      bboyfromwayback commented
      Editing a comment
      I checked and the 19” isn’t much more $ but IMO the 16” would be too small. 19” usually takes 3 trays to do a decent sized indoor photo. Auto 1-2, use it wet. I’ve found it works better (less of a beating) if I water the plants the day before harvest. You want the plant nice snd full with the leaves sticking out as much as possible. If you get it let me know and I’ll shout you these instructions OJH sent me…I’ve used mine my last 4 harvest…he’s had his for years

LOL wish i needed one
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• bboyfromwayback
      Editing a comment
      What???? Mother Nature get your outside plants too?

• Puglover1
      Puglover1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Ain't that the truth, budgal.

Bit the bullet, did not want 2-3 days in trim jail. Got it from the Jungle website, around 200 bucks. Well worth the money vs. time aspect. Seems solid, all metal construction. This will last a while. Click image for larger version Name: IMG_0412.JPG Views: 0 Size: 1.67 MB ID: 519955 (filedata/fetch?id=519955&d=1623538105)

First results from mine, here's thread.
    Learned a lot this year. pH and whiteflies are issues that need controlling. Maybe an auto over January.....hmmmm...

Comment

NO my plants outdoors are fine, i just wish i had enough to " need " a bowl trimmer. bboyfromwayback i will post pics tomorrow. I do enjoy sitting and trimming
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• bboyfromwayback
        Editing a comment
        I do on smaller plants, actually hand trimmed my last auto. Big plants just take so long they mess with my eyes anymore lol this last harvest I hand trimmed most of the tops and ran everything else through the spinner. That was a good mix, didn’t take much longer or mess with my eyes

I hand trim. I cannot see how a spinning thing will trim bud as carefully as it needs to be trimmed

Comment

• PLreef
        PLreef commented
        Editing a comment
        This is where I'm at with these. Not that I enjoy trim jail but I can't see getting a beautify trimmed bud out of a bowl trimmer. I could be wrong through.

• billyboy
        billyboy commented
        Editing a comment
        Right on - I don't love trimming but I trim with love.

Went back and found this pic I put up a few harvest ago. The trimmer isn’t perfect but you can always clean them up by hand after spinning or wait until dry and go over with a couple strokes from a CannaBrush. I can do a decent sized plant in less than an hour. That’s start to finish - unboxing, cleanup and done! My last harvest I cut some of the nicer tops off to hand trim and hang then spun everything else and that took a little over 2hrs a plant. I’ve had plants that took me and my wife half the day together

Comment

• bboyfromwayback
        Editing a comment
        I have one of those 3 tier hanging mesh type racks. I like it because it folds up really compact when not in use. You would need several fir that harvest πŸ˜‚

• Puglover1
        Puglover1 commented
        Editing a comment
        bboy - do you clean your bowl afterward? Is it OJH's bowl that gets full of trichs, he heats a section and gets a piece of parchment full of goodies?

• bboyfromwayback
        Editing a comment
        I’m letting mine get β€˜seasoned’ lol I’ve only went through four or five harvest and there’s already a nice dusting over all the rubber paddles that hang down. After I’m finished with a grow I put all the plant matter in the bottom into a paper bag for a few days to dry. Saving that up to make a big batch of hash with later. I let the spinner set out a few days to dry then box it up until next time. OJH’s spinner was crazy coated with tris when he cleaned it, I remember that post!

Does anyone have a video of them using one in action? I'd be curious to see how they work.

Comment

• Ckbrew
        Ckbrew commented
        Editing a comment
        The vids are great. bboyfromwayback if you make a vid please post.

• bboyfromwayback
        Editing a comment
        Sorry I couldn’t. Was here by myself and wasn’t able to hold the lid down, spin and film at the same time. A GoPro would’ve been super handy

• Puglover1
        Puglover1 commented
        Editing a comment
        bboy, I won a GoProHero5 a couple of years ago. Charged the batt, set the time/date, put in an SD card and only took one picture so far. If I had time it'd be nice to do time lapse pics. I bought an accessory pkg, wanted to mount it on the crazy pug for a pug birthday party here but being the hostess I didn't have time for that either. I wanted to be sure it worked OK before warranty expiration.

Went and took some pics of the rack so you can zoom
      in and see. I used to cut the big fan leaves off but that took too long so I don’t do that anymore. I cut the everything off at the stem and let it fall onto the rack except the top, I been hand trimming them. Once these dry before I jar them I’ll look them over and clean them up some or if I notice something was missed but it doesn’t do a bad job at all.

Comment

• bboyfromwayback
        Editing a comment
        There’s was probably enough plant batter in the bottom to fill a gallon sized freezer bag from these two plants. When I jar them I glance them over and anything I notice that needs trimmed I will. I don’t spin dry buds anymore, that will straight shred them into pieces.

• soonboomer
        soonboomer commented
        Editing a comment
        That machine trims about like I do by hand. Probably ordering one this week.

• bboyfromwayback
        Editing a comment
        No matter which brand you get the blade should come with 3 spacers to vary the distance from the tray. I like using one spacer, seems to only get the leaves. No spacer with the blade right against the tray didn’t bother the big buds but it ate the little ones up

bboyfromwayback help me understand this system better. You chop and cut off all the nuggets and large fan leaves. Then run them through the bowl trimmer. From there you dry on a hanging rack and jar up for curing??? How long are you able to dry for? I find it best the longer the better in regards to drying.
      5x5 Gorilla tent
      Spectrum King SK402 - 2Γ— Optic XL1
      Infinity T8 exhaust fan
      Technaflora nutes
      Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

• bboyfromwayback
        Editing a comment
        I’ve always hung my plants untrimmed to dry because it takes longer (smoother smoke) and you can get a closer trim by hand so this definitely changed up how I harvest. It usually takes 3-4 days depending on how thick the buds are. With a rack it’s easy to overdry so I start weighing day 3. I’ve found once you’ve lost 70-75% of the wet weight they’re ready for jars. I still mix it up. I still take 3-4 nice colas and hang them untrimmed then spin the rest of the plant. This last harvest on all the manifolds I cut the stems at the base then started at the bottom cutting everything off onto the tray, even fan leaves. Once I got to the tops I hand trimmed them instead of spinning. It took a little longer but worth it. The lower stuff is where most of your pain in the ass trimming is so I gladly spin all of that. End up with a bunch of nicely trimmed round nugs. My last harvest would’ve taken me a week by myself. Did it in one nightπŸ‘πŸ»
        Last edited by bboyfromwayback; 09-24-2021, 11:34 PM.

• PLreef
        PLreef commented
        Editing a comment
        Appreciate the feed back. I'm leary any type of mechanical trimming but you just might have me sold. I love the look of hand trimmed bud but I can't stand trimming the loose buds on the bottom of the plant.

• Drekthar
        Drekthar commented
        Editing a comment
        I've used one the last 3-4 grows and find them invaluable. I don't smoke myself but i grow for the wife. Last grow i had 2.25lbs from 6 plants and it still took 2 nights even with the trimmer. Usually pulling 4-6 oz dried per plant and i couldn't see myself going back to hand trimming with that much bud.

That is a strange contraption but it looks like it works. Maybe I will give one a try. Thanks for the pics @bboyfromwayback

Comment

I got one I used last harvest. Defflinatly worth it. Little bit of a learning curve on how much to put in at a time. The speed at which you turn the handle also affects the closeness of the trim. Arthritis saver!
        DIY 4x12 Farmacy box w/2 4x4x6 grow areas
        TrolMaster HydroX runs the whole show
        Dual tank Co2 injection w/ rain tubing
        10000 btu thru the wall A/C / 5000 btu heater
        50 pint dehumidifier/ cool mist humidifier
        8" intake fan w/ hepa filter / 8" exhaust fan
        2 Timber Fatty-vs COB 950 watt draw fixtures
        w/ added 4 2ft T5 Pure UV bulbs on each fix.
        2 DIY Hybrid DWC 5 gal bubble bucket systems w/ 55 gal reservoirs w/ PH dosers
        2 2"x2"cyl.stones in each bucket, 8"disk in reservoirs
        GH Flora series (entire line) + Orca
        Grow 3 = Blueberry 1 dwc 1 soil.
        . Cherry pie 1 dwc 1 soil
        Soil is great lakes "just add water" in 7 gal fabric bags

Comment

Bout to sample some GDP, these buds were all spun and have been in jars for 2wks now. Not perfect but close enough that I don’t care

Comment

• Catfish22
            Catfish22 commented
            Editing a comment
            Agree, I would rather be impressed with the smoke test!

• bboyfromwayback
            Editing a comment
            Agreed! And she passed with πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ» First time trying GDP that I’m aware of. See what you mean with the β€˜purple’ taste. Not fruity but there’s a hint of grape on the backend. Bit heavier than I like at 1pm but it’s Friday so…

I use one all the time now. I generally am getting over 1 lb and i just dont have the time to sit and trim. The wife who is the smoker doesn't complain.
          3' x 6' Grow Closet for Veg w/HLG 300 V2 Bspec
          New 5' x 9' x 7'11" Gorilla Tent for flowering with new Optic Slim 600H
          Flora Trio w/Cali and Hydro guard
          5 gallon Bucket DWC and bucket scrog set up

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X