Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The AutoToka grow....first auto... 2nd grow!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Puglover1
    commented on 's reply
    Nice pics above. Putting wet pots/bags of soil in the bathroom helps with RH.

• TOKABIGONE
    replied
    My shower/drying room with humidifier seems to be working well. Buds feel less moist but still pliable and not crispy so I'm on track with it. I hope to stay in the 40% to 50% range of RH. Ambient RH is helping today at current 52% but that changes quickly in N AZ! Just say No to too fast drying! A week to jar time at 58%

Leave a comment:

• TOKABIGONE
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks BU2B You are the one who showed me it's ok to question and try new approaches without fear of screwing up. Question everything!

• BU2B
    commented on 's reply
    Very nice Job and still more to come! Happy Holly-Daze indeed. 🎄

• TOKABIGONE
    replied

Click image for larger version  Name:	20211202_103044 (2).jpg Views:	0 Size:	4.96 MB ID:	548750 So I did it...15 biggest colas cut and hanging in my 2nd bath tub with a humidifier running to keep RH in the 50s. There are still a total of 42 healthy buds on the plants to see if they add more weight. I figure about 3 oz dry now hanging. Maybe another 3 from the remaining buds when I cut them so I think I'll get my 6 oz or a little more.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Resized_20211202_110337_9561 (3).jpeg Views:	0 Size:	1.53 MB ID:	548749Click image for larger version  Name:	Resized_20211202_110457_2632 (2).jpeg Views:	0 Size:	1,012.0 KB ID:	548748

Click image for larger version  Name:	20211202_135748.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.53 MB ID:	548751Click image for larger version  Name:	20211202_135759.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.74 MB ID:	548752
    Bottom left cut 8 Bottom right cut 7

I will continue to feed and water the rest just to see if they will add any more weight!
    Now the really difficult part starts...waiting for cure!
    BTW they are very firm and don't even think about trying to squeeze one...you'll never get it off your hands unless you make Charas hash!

There are still a good number of white pistils up and down the buds so they are still actively swelling in hopes of pollenation so adding weight.
    Last edited by TOKABIGONE; 12-02-2021, 07:24 PM.

Leave a comment:

• TOKABIGONE
    commented on 's reply
    Hey Puglover1 thank you dear lady! Kind words! I will admit that I'm pretty proud of what I've done on this grow. Yes the colas are very firm and sticky. 1 1/2" to 3" in diameter and 4 to 7" long with many more good size buds below. This grow was intended to be an experiment to create a soil
    with a coir base and all natural dry amendments and a strong microbial colony to support the root system and is able to regulate the pH without checking or adjusting it, completely naturally. Of course it had to also enable healthy plants that will produce a far better crop than normal in size and potentcy. The proof will be in the dry weight and effect. I used plain tap water that runs high at 7.5 to 8 pH without ever checking or adjusting both water and nutes. I fed with no chemical nutes, only casting tea, fish emulsion and unsulfered molasses in flower, water only for almost 4 weeks. My 1 previous grow was a constant pH chase and trying to read the plants to diagnose problems so this has been an eye opening experience and a really fun grow. Not one leaf ever showed any sign of an issue. I am amazed by this and like every grow I know I can do better and refine this more as time goes on. Going forward I will grow landrace photos for seed with an occasional auto for fun. I know there must be more growers doing this or very similar such as UndergroundFarmer so I hope eventually I will hear from some.
    Last edited by TOKABIGONE; 11-30-2021, 11:41 PM.

• Puglover1
    replied
    Wow, Toka, I thought you would've been hanging colas by now but those plants look beautiful. Nice macro shots. If looks matter I think you have some quality bud there. I did a tops then bottoms later harvest on 3 photos a year ago, I think it was worth it. The bottoms didn't get as purple but they cured the same color and work just fine in joints. Are those colas as hard as they look? They're fatties. I'm getting jelly, even if they are autos.

Leave a comment:

• TOKABIGONE
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you SoOrbudgal, yes but I won't rush them either. Still a few too many clear as my goal is all cloudy with little amber. I'll do a 2 stage harvest so smaller buds can go as far as possible.
    My good friend Jim (you know him) gifted me enough to get by so I'm a happy camper
    Last edited by TOKABIGONE; 11-29-2021, 06:14 PM.

• SoOrbudgal
    commented on 's reply
    Looking good there little more time and you'll be using a clothes line soon

• Farmbuck
    replied
    Beautiful girls you have sir. I have 2 GG4 girls left so this is it, the end of my first full autos grow. I'm hoping they will give me at least over 1.5 ounces each. Now the Amnesia Haze and one GG4 are drying. Once they are all dried up I will take a final weight before I jarred them to their final destination.

If my calculation is correct the grow took at least 92 days from germination.

Don't worry sir I'm confident you'll reach your 3 ounces. And yes you are completely right, they are fast in veg but slow in flower.

Leave a comment:

• TOKABIGONE
    replied
    Week 10 plus 5 days update:

Checked on the ladies and took a few more tric shots. my guess 85% cloudy, 10%still clear, 5% amber so they're coming along slowly it seems to me. Autos are fast to this point and then seem to take awhile to finish, right Farmbuck? At 90 % cloudy, they're coming down. There are several small cola budlets lower down so I will take the tops and let the lowers go a little longer. Gotta remember to date them while drying and jarring to keep them separate.
    I found my tric scope and with it a pair of snippers from last harvest with a lot of dried scissor hash so I just fired it up. If I don't finish this post for awhile you know why!

Click image for larger version  Name:	20211129_121102.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.14 MB ID:	548461Click image for larger version  Name:	20211129_121041.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.60 MB ID:	548462Click image for larger version  Name:	2021_11_29_11_53_52_183.png Views:	0 Size:	342.5 KB ID:	548463Click image for larger version  Name:	2021_11_29_11_54_36_455.png Views:	0 Size:	390.2 KB ID:	548464Click image for larger version  Name:	2021_11_29_11_56_47_220.png Views:	0 Size:	420.8 KB ID:	548465

A little later.....
    Measuring tape sez tallest top is 17 inches from dirt or 7 in from top to clear stem where I will make first cut with buds on that stem still growing below. I have 7 on left lady that size 1 1/2 to 2 in diameter and twice that in smaller which will go on as long as possible. Right lady is squatter with eight 4 to 6" in colas, 2 to 3" in dia. and a whole litter of pups! If I get 3 oz each I will make it to next harvest (photo). I'm hoping to surprise myself of course with 4 each but we always take what we get and it's all good!

Leave a comment:

• TOKABIGONE
    commented on 's reply
    Sorry Puglover1 no yo yos, lol! It's fine with a stake to prop it up. No real problem. I cut a bud from the bottom of the largest cola so it lost it's balance I guess. Kinda floppy without the stake but it will be fine for a couple weeks till I chop off her head.

• Puglover1
    commented on 's reply
    No yo-yos?

• TOKABIGONE
    commented on 's reply
    maybe a 10 ton crane?

• Farmbuck
    commented on 's reply
    LOLLLLLL How about a support beam then ??

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X