X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

7 WK BlackBerry DWC Auto help

Hey guys,
    new to growing and new to the forum.

So I’ll start off with the basics. I work away on a rotation so I wanted to try and grow something even though I work away.
    I decided to go down the DWC route and have a big reservoir also. Here is my grow equipment.
    tent - 60x60x200
    light - viparspectra p600
    fans - desk fans & carbon filter
    Bucket - 24ltr DWC bucket with airline and float for filling from reservoir.
    resevoir - 25ltr
    Nutes - GE

So I started my BlackBerry auto in my click and grow and then moved into my bucket.
    I added half the amount of nutes to the bucket also.
    I come back from work 4 weeks later to find 1) my fan was on the plant from the start which was a mistake. 2) I think my light was to far away.

roots look healthy in the bucket, I have changed out the eayet
    for plain water now. Not sure if the plant is done or not but what do you think?

link to Reddit pics

Welcome to GWE
    I think you need to find a helper, I dont do DWC but I cant see how it will ever work unattended.
    I grow in living soil, and it could be setup to run automatic, for a short time, with a watering system that detects dry/wet soil. I had a helper tend a grow while I was away, he certainly did not let them dry out!
    Good luck!

Comment

I do not think it's going to get much better already more than 7wks old and looks like it's done. I have to agree with not leaving for so long a unattended indoor grow. That light is not very strong and needed to be about 18-20" from top of that plant during flower. It's a good light but not real strong and needed to be closer. Good luck in the future.
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Hydro is not a good mix for unattended grows as problems come on much quicker in hydro. Hydro requires daily (sometimes twice daily) res pH checks to make sure ph has not swung one way or the other. If pH is not correct, your plant will not have nutrients needed for bud development. Sorry to say you probably wont get much if any more bud development.

Comment

I do the hydro in coco/perlite. Have not done DWC, from what I have read about it much less forgiving to inattention. The coco/p gives you some buffer in case the plants can not be attended to. I found this out last May when I had an unplanned absence for 4 days. Just a thought to consider.
          Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

I am growing photos in a RDWC set up that I built to be able to leave unattended for a week or maybe two. The ph will move around on you. My solution seems to rise by the next day after adjusting,for about a week before it settles down. After that it has seemed to go the other way. My fix was to add dosers to the reservoirs, fresh solution every week no longer than 2 weeks. I check our grow twice a day just because I like to watch everything working like it should. I would not expect my grow to be ideal if left unattended longer than two weeks. Click image for larger version  Name:	20210817_213047.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.90 MB ID:	534507Click image for larger version  Name:	20210829_111310.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.77 MB ID:	534508
            These picts are 9 days apart unattended when we got home from vacation last week.
            DIY 4x12 Farmacy box w/2 4x4x6 grow areas
            TrolMaster HydroX runs the whole show
            Dual tank Co2 injection w/ rain tubing
            10000 btu thru the wall A/C / 5000 btu heater
            50 pint dehumidifier/ cool mist humidifier
            8" intake fan w/ hepa filter / 8" exhaust fan
            2 Timber Fatty-vs COB 950 watt draw fixtures
            w/ added 4 2ft T5 Pure UV bulbs on each fix.
            2 DIY Hybrid DWC 5 gal bubble bucket systems w/ 55 gal reservoirs w/ PH dosers
            2 2"x2"cyl.stones in each bucket, 8"disk in reservoirs
            GH Flora series (entire line) + Orca
            Grow 3 = Blueberry 1 dwc 1 soil.
            . Cherry pie 1 dwc 1 soil
            Soil is great lakes "just add water" in 7 gal fabric bags

Comment

• Ckbrew
              Ckbrew commented
              Editing a comment
              That is impressive plant for being on it's own for 9 days.

• Smoklahoma
              Smoklahoma commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks, Blew my mind when I opened the door.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X