Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Troubled Plants…Harvest, Trash, Defoliate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Troubled Plants…Harvest, Trash, Defoliate?

So I have 2 plants in question, first is Blue Dream and the other is Gelat.OG. Both are photos, in 3gal grow bags, Fox farm soil, about 1.5gal of water everyday because of course the south has 90+ heat everyday with little rain.

First is Blue Dream: starting about end of May/Beginning of June it started flowering early because of past mistakes, while one part of plant flowered very very slowly the rest grew and re-veg the rest of summer before flowering about 2-3 weeks ago. Now the bottom part of the plant that has been in flower since May/June I believe has shown signs of bud rot (but this is my first grow so im not sure) so I was wondering should I just harvest part of this plant that is ready/past ready or cut down that part and throw away and let the rest of the flowering process continue out. Been giving it nothing but ph water so no nutrients in this one.

Second plant is Gelat.OG. Also I had mistakes in the beginning but I let this plant do it’s own thing and it has proven to have the strongest resistance compared to any of my other plants with rarely any yellow leaves and always green. I call it my leaning Christmas tree but it has also started flowering for about 2 weeks but is very very bushy. Was wondering if I should start some extreme defoliation on the leaves or leave as is and see what happens?

Yes remove the older ripe buds and anything dry, it will lead to bud rot, you may have some now (dispose of it).
    I only take off leaves outside for air flow, no leaf may touch another. if you have high humidity morning dew or rains this can lead to WPM.
    The curl of the leaves on the first plant could be many things, Blue Dream I am told should not be grown outside as it is a bug catcher. So look really close for bugs (use a 30x zoom lens) under the leaves just to make sure.

Comment

• Mrnobody3
      Mrnobody3 commented
      Editing a comment
      Will start on the removal today and see what’s harvestable and what’s not thanks. And will also take what I can for leaves on the Gelat.OG, really hoping that last because I only have one of those strains going. And for blue Dream only being and indoor plant is shocking. I follow a couple of grows of the strain for outdoor and they seem fine. I’ll post a pic of my other Blue Dream upcoming her fourth week of flower.

Blue Dream in 20gal fox farm. Started it late so it only got about 4 1/2ft

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X