Chopped my White Rhino and Threw it out in the Yard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HYDRO Chopped my White Rhino and Threw it out in the Yard

Noticed little black spots on the roots of one of the White Rhino plants this morning. Was able to get one to stick to my finger appeared to be a larva of some kind had translucent body with dark heads. I pulled the entire setup to isolate it till I could deal with it since I need to be else where this morning. This evening I had a friend help me haul it out of the basement to back yard where I trashed it to be mulched when yards mowed. Was able to get a bigger one of them pests when I trashed it but couldn't get the best picture of it. Was a dam healthy looking plant and I did take clones from it a couple of days back so life goes on. If anyone has dealt with this and knows how to exterminate them I love to hear what they are and how you killed them off.

Looks like a root maggot. I think there are natural amendments with bacteria/fungi that kill these things. Good thing you took cuttings!
    Coconut Grove
    4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Liberty Haze, Acapulco Gold, Lavender and Sweet Amnesia Haze.

3x3 tent, Platinum P300 LED. Flowering two Tangies.

Flower tent:
    4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Durban Poison and two Tangie x Blueberry crosses.

Nursery:
    32"x32" tent with Feit white LED. Vegging four Mother's Finest.

Coco/Perlite/worm castings/mycorrhizae living soil mix.
    Down-To-Earth dry amendments. Gnarly Barley added weekly. Eisenia fetida.

On deck: Winter indicas.

Comment

• TOKABIGONE
      TOKABIGONE commented
      Editing a comment
      As far as soil amendments go, root maggots, spider mite larvae, fungus gnat larvae, nematodes, thrips and several other pests are controlled or diminished by adding neem cake and karanja cake granules to your mix at the rate of 1/2 cup per 7.5 gal of mix. No residuals are found in the flowers after harvest. Several of the commercial mixes are starting to add this in. An active agent called Azadiractin causes the pests to stop eating so they will starve to death.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X