Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TOKABIGONE
    commented on 's reply
    I'll bet you look good in your farmer genes! Snicker snicker!

• TOKABIGONE
    commented on 's reply
    HaHa, I just PMed you on this very subject ! Picky question is that 50/50 with just coco perlite or with amendments?

• UndergroundFarmer
    replied
    I've had success with this mix: fill a tote halfway with washed coco, add 25% by volume of worm castings then perlite added to that at about 30% of the total volume. I plan to try adding organic fertilizer later, but for now I'm using up organic-compatible liquid nutrients from my hydro grows. I feed once a week at about 1.2 EC and pH around 6.5. I top dress the plants with fresh worm castings every three weeks. Otherwise, I just water to keep the medium moist throughout the week. I haven't yet taken a plant all the way through flower and harvest yet with this method but so far I'm getting outstanding results.

Leave a comment:

• SoOrbudgal
    replied
    OK with me TOKABIGONE i'm no expert just know i don't go by the rules i change it up at times but i do know healthy and not LOL it's good to have farmer genes LOL

Leave a comment:

• TOKABIGONE
    commented on 's reply
    Good morning SoOrbudgal I am planning my second grow, first auto seed to drop at the new moon on Sept 6. I really like coco/perlite with organic amendments. I have a good idea of what from a recipe I found . With your permission I would like to PM you with a few direct questions. May I? Sprinkles this morning with high upper 80's. Toka

• SoOrbudgal
    replied
    Hey Izzie1701 i do make my own soil and use what your using plus other composted soil. I do heavy on the perilite mix as i use worm casings and other composted animal by products so i go 50-50 mix with perilite. Only thing it drains faster and i do water daily sometimes 2x daily.

Leave a comment:

• Izzie1701
    commented on 's reply
    That’s what I had done for this grow but then started reading more about it and saw a bunch saying by mass which seems wrong.

• Ckbrew
    replied
    Make it easy. Get preprocessed coco. Get perlite, Get big tub. Add 3 grow containers worth of coco and 1 grow container of perlite. Mix. Done, 70/30. If u want 50/50, 2 containers of each.

Leave a comment:

• Izzie1701
    started a topic Coco Perlite Mix

Coco Perlite Mix

What’s everyone using for a coco perlite mix. My current grow I mixed about 50/50 by volume but reading online everyone’s saying 50/50 by mass with hydrated coco. I feel like that’s going to
    e a lot more perlite then coco. I’m looking at my bag of perlite and it says it’s .75kg but 8.8L. When I hydrate my coco I’m using 6 cups of water for a brick that fills 5g fabric pots so 1.5kg just of water for a 5g pot. If I mix for hydrated mass I would have way more perlite then coco. Is this right? I thought it should be the other way around but I’ve seen about 5 sites now saying 50/50 by mass. I’ve had no issues with 70/30 coco/perlite but have only done one grow so far.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X