How to choose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to choose

After thinking for a period of time, I decided to plant shallots. Are there any good potted recommendations?

This is my Viking blood talking.

I prefer leeks to shallots. We Vikings consider shallots to be the leek of the weak. What made our conquering of so much land so easy was that we ate leeks while those we conquered ate only shallots.

That being said, I like a combination of mediums. Sand from the central, east coast of Norway, and volcanic ash sifted from tons of melting glacial ice from Iceland. It gets processed at a glacial ice melting plant in the Faro Islands. You can't buy it, of course, and can't find much information on it online. It has to be picked up in person and smuggled into Canada before the US. If you don't happen to be a Viking, you're out of luck anyway. If you have lost your family's Leek soil recipe, you're one suck Viking.

Keep us updated with pictures, whatever your choice.
    More elephant!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6

Comment

• Catfish22
      Catfish22 commented
      Editing a comment
      So if I find a leek soil recipe on the dark web is it a leek soil recipe leak?

• Farmbuck
      Farmbuck commented
      Editing a comment
      Well the French DNA in me say shallots have more recipes than leeks But the Canadian blood in me will accede with you... Well maybe lolll

• Puglover1
      Puglover1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Aren't leeks kind of like giant green onions? Shallots are more like small red onions crossed with garlic, for shape not flavor.

You could shall-out alot of money on leaky pipes
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• phamty
      phamty commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for your comment,friend

Good luck with your onion garden
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Mmmmmmm onion garden...... Sounds spicy
      5x5 Gorilla tent
      Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
      Infinity T8 exhaust fan
      Technaflora nutes
      Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

Waiiiit a minute. There is a garlic Kush strain. I'm beginning to think 'shallot' might be a new strain of weed? Maybe code for something? If we start seeing ads for shallots, remember you heard it here first!
        More elephant!

Coco/perlite
        3x3x6

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X