Enough Nutrients?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Enough Nutrients?

This is in the fifth week of flower and the leaves seem a bit light colored although they have been this color throughout the entire grow. I have been using the coco coir GH trio schedule recommended on this site. 315 LEC light.
    https://www.growweedeasy.com/wp-cont...s-schedule.pdf
    The buds seem to be forming as expected, although I tucked for 16 days into flower and by the low height of the plants above the screen I should have stopped tucking earlier, my bad.
    Anyway my question is on the leaf color and the amount of nutrients I’m using. I forgot I had a TDS meter and decided to check the latest batch of nutes (week 8 on the nutrient schedule).
    The TDS are 230ppm. I use reverse osmosis water with 0ppm so the 230ppm is all from the nutes…in this case 1/2 tsp/gal of Micro, Bloom, and CalMagic and 1/8 tsp Gro.
    pH is always from 5.5-6.5 using the GH indicator drops.
    I can’t find anything on what the TDS using this combination should be, so if perhaps the light leaf color is from a shortage of nutes I could up the amounts, or maybe this strain (Cal Dream, 70% indica 30% sativa) just has light colored leaves. Or maybe it’s something else.
    Any observations/suggestions appreciated.

I think it's the strain like you say. Otherwise leaf is healthy, i know it looks concerning. You using FF?
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Welcome Rodney1 , Your leaf looks just about like mine did my entire grow using the same GH Trio in coco at 1/2 strength. I believe this was the reason (one of them) that my final results of about an OZ per plant was ok but the quality was marginal. I vegged for 11 weeks before switch and I should have increased after they settled in from transplant to 20 ltr. Maybe increase to 3/4 strength and see what happens. It's a little late in flower to expect to much to happen so don't push the nitrogen too far. I would expect a little greening but it could also be strain related or genetics so be careful.
      Started 9/9/21: 2nd grow: Hawaii Sativa MAUI auto x 3
      Finished Grow: Critical Mass photo - fem x 3 plus 1 clone same
      Medium: FF Coco Loco plus 30% Perlite in 5 gal cloth bags
      Space: 30x48x62 DIY cabinet lined w/space blankets
      Lighting: Bloomspect SS1000 Quantum board x 3 - 300 watts actual draw total
      Soil Supplements: Worm Castings, Guano, Crab Shell, Oyster Shell, Neem and Karanja Meal, Volcanic Basalt Dust (for minerals), Recharge root micros, ACV for organic pH down as my filtered tap water runs over 7.5 pH
      Ventilation: Vipospar 4" Exhaust Fan w/RH controller, 12" Carbon Scrubber
      Reptile Humidifier/Fogger w/same RH controller, bottom intake fan, 6" heater
      Cabinet on screen porch. N AZ @ 4000 ft.
      Old hippies never go away, they just
      Grow Their Own

My salute to all who have served
      Semper Fidelis!

Comment

Are you growing in coco or soil ?
        Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
        You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

I just grew a Cali Dream, my second. She’s a nute HOG!!!!! Double your calmag and get the ph a little higher so she can use it all. Took both of the ones I grew 11-12wks to mature so you have a ways to go. I wrote in my book next time I grow this strain im feeding extra nitrogen until week 6 of flower then tapering off because she looked like complete poo by the time she was mature. Still excellent smoke but nothing to show off on here 😂

BTW yours is looking just like mine did, after so long I stopped looking at the leaves because the buds were so white I didn’t care if the leaves were black
          Last edited by bboyfromwayback; 07-29-2021, 04:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SoOrbudgal View Post
            I think it's the strain like you say. Otherwise leaf is healthy, i know it looks concerning. You using FF?
            Hope you’re right about the strain…not sure what FF is?

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainWiese91 View Post
              Are you growing in coco or soil ?
              Growing in coco.

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
                CaptainWiese91 commented
                Editing a comment
                The plants look fine. And if light green have been present all the grow, I wouldn’t worry that much. Some phenotypes shows a very light green color all the way. I had one last grow and I thought it was missing some N - but it was the biggest producer of all 8. Happy growing

• Rodney1
                Rodney1 commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks CaptW.

Originally posted by bboyfromwayback View Post
              I just grew a Cali Dream, my second. She’s a nute HOG!!!!! Double your calmag and get the ph a little higher so she can use it all. Took both of the ones I grew 11-12wks to mature so you have a ways to go. I wrote in my book next time I grow this strain im feeding extra nitrogen until week 6 of flower then tapering off because she looked like complete poo by the time she was mature. Still excellent smoke but nothing to show off on here 😂
              Will try that, thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by bboyfromwayback View Post
                BTW yours is looking just like mine did, after so long I stopped looking at the leaves because the buds were so white I didn’t care if the leaves were black
                Too funny!

Comment

• bboyfromwayback
                  bboyfromwayback commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I’m not advocating fur this. Hopefully you get yours reined in a little bit because you’re maybe 1/2 through flower. This one takes a bit

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X