Please help w diagnosing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please help w diagnosing

I'm crossposting this (also put in the sticky 'problems' post). This is my 2nd grow and most of my plants seem to be fine. But I got up yesterday to this. I have no idea what is going on with her. I added one 'before' pic for contrast.

I'm looking at these pictures and don't remember the particulars of your other post.

Is this plant a different strain than the others? I'm looking at your fan leaves. The suspect plant looks like it has a different leaf structure than the plants in the periphery.

It looks to me like, maybe, two issues: windburn and nute burn. Clawed, discolored leaves for the wind. Although I'm not quite down with the idea. Dead leaf tips and discoloration from nute burn. Was this plant sitting in the same position, turned, as it was when you found the issue? Was the plant close to a window or other reflective surface that might have heat burned it?

2x3x4.5
    3x3x6
    HLG 360 Elite
    Vipar Spectra 350
    Sunlight
    CalMag
    In coco 10/01
    First transplant 10/17
    (2) GDP
    (1) Black Domina
    (2) G13
    (1) Zkittlez
    (1) 'Marigold'
    Mother Earth Coco and Perlite
    Dyna Gro Foliage
    Dyna Gro Bloom

Comment

What about ph levels ?
      watering schedule? Amount of nutes given?

looks overwatered to me. With either Ph problems or deficiency
      Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
      You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

• Tersky
        Tersky commented
        Editing a comment
        Second this. Most likely either nute lock, ph or root issues. Possible deficiencies due to either nute lock out or improper pH (most likely). Need to know more about the grow in order to give accurate advice. However if someone gifted me this plant with no info i would first flush with pH'd water (2-3x container size in volume) then allow to dry then start with light feeding as well as removing dead or dying leaves.
        Last edited by Tersky; 07-27-2021, 12:56 AM.

This plant was by itself (see Before pic) on the other side of the patio. It was runty and I had it separated from the bunch. I moved it today in case it was wind-burn. The other side of the patio has a 8ft wall that offers better wind protection.

Comment

It looks like the issue is more with your broad leafed (more indica dominate) plant(s). Is this the case?
        Are they all getting the same amount of nutes and water or are you playing it by feel and watering as the growing medium 'feels' like it needs it?

Often different strains require different amounts of nutrients and water. However, as a side note the rapid onset 'could be' related to root issues.

My initial assessment is over watering and nutrient imbalance. I would suggest
        • flushing your affected plants with RO water that has been ph balanced to around 6 and has 1tsp of hydrogen peroxide per gallon. Run enough liquid so that your growing medium is completely flushed of nutrients.
        • Next I would cut off the affected leaves, your plant will expend energy trying to fix them and it can't, at this point they're doing more harm than good.
        • Before you water the plant again make sure the growing medium is dry or barely damp to a depth of the second joint of your index finger.
        • If you think it might be wind burn (over night?) then take the required action to prevent it.
        • For the first watering of the recovering plant(s) us ph balanced water with two tsp of hydrogen peroxide per gallon
        I find that very few things are actually 'over night' they just appear that way when things reach a tipping point. Looking at your girls with fresh eyes each time you see them is easier said than done, but, for me; I find that when I pay closer attention and don't get complacent - the girls do better.

Hope this helps,
        Happy Pharming
        Last edited by BU2B; 07-26-2021, 10:48 PM.
        Get personal HELP from the OG Group Sign up for the GWE Newsletter and find out How to Get HELP with your plant(s) as Quickly as possible

Comment

Bango-tango. Keep it with the healthy plants jesslynh.
          2x3x4.5
          3x3x6
          HLG 360 Elite
          Vipar Spectra 350
          Sunlight
          CalMag
          In coco 10/01
          First transplant 10/17
          (2) GDP
          (1) Black Domina
          (2) G13
          (1) Zkittlez
          (1) 'Marigold'
          Mother Earth Coco and Perlite
          Dyna Gro Foliage
          Dyna Gro Bloom

Comment

Just an observation from your pics, if those pots are sitting on hot concrete it possible you burnt the roots. Only did that once..2 hrs and almost roasted them. If it’s going on concrete I always use some kind of riser.
            Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
            Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
            2 Vivosun oscillating fans
            1 Secret Jardain fan
            6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
            Canna Coco/perlite
            General Hydroponics Flora Series
            Cal/Mag
            Lost Coast Plant Therapy-pest control

Strawberry Banana
            Black Amnesia
            Cinderella 99
            Wedding Crasher(bag seed)

Comment

• GreenState
              GreenState commented
              Editing a comment
              Interesting comment, as I've recently taken to wrapping a white towel around my black container when my plant is on the deck.
              Those black containers can get very hot for sure.

Has it been hot r those leaves crispy I usually see yellowish leaves if mine get to much rain heat might be a problem

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X