Holiday Treats -(here we grow again)-

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update 53c: HARVEST DAY!
    First time I’ve trimmed with the cannabrush so this will be a new experience for me. No leaves were removed during harvest in an effort to slow drying time - current local RH is about 22%.

I tried to overestimate when bunching up branches to dry. I have 16 bundles per plant estimated to be over 1 oz each of flower when dry. With any luck I should be dry trimming right at 32 ounces in about a week.

Each plant had too many branches for as short as they were and - live and learn (again), would have had more weight and fuller colas if there were less branches so light could have gotten more fully to flowering nodes. Not unhappy with the grow by any means - but just like at the beginning of the grow; I feel like I can do better!

Dried and cured weight still to come …
    Click image for larger version  Name:	90F2D552-914E-4D51-BB46-3CFBCF138907.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	1.80 MB ID:	548320
    Click image for larger version  Name:	0FA5DF72-7467-4CFA-8C23-3CCEEDDE464A.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	2.93 MB ID:	548321
    Last edited by BU2B; 11-28-2021, 09:19 AM.

Comment

• Smoklahoma
      Smoklahoma commented
      Editing a comment
      Great looking harvest! I am seeing on my plants while cutting them down exactly what you have been telling me the whole grow. Cut off the lower buds and branches. I thought I cut off enough but now seeing I did not. If I leave the buds lower in the canopy that didn't get enough light, will they go ahead and ripen up some more even though they are in the dark?

• BU2B
      BU2B commented
      Editing a comment
      Smoklahoma IF you have a significant number of buds lower down that are not ready - you might want to consider a staged harvest as an option. Basically, remove branches down to where buds are unripe then continue with your 12/12 flowering schedule for a few more weeks while keeping an eye on your plants and letting them tell you when the remaining flowers are done. I find the better option is do what you thought you did and what I always intend to do; cull branches and leave your plants more open to light so that not only will flowers extend further down the branch but also be fuller and have a more of tendency to be done from top to bottom at about the same time.

Good morning sir and congratulations on a fantastic harvest! Once again you prove it can be done! I watched the whole thing carefully and decided that maybe in ten years I'll figure out how you did it, lmao! You are indeed a Master Grower and I am very pleased to call you a friend! If NebulaHaze and SiriusFourside don't pick up on this as a trophy pic of the week they are missing a bet!
    Grow # 3 50/50 S/I Critical Mass photo fem
    Seeds drop in water 1/8/2022

Medium: FF Coco Loco plus 30% Perlite in 7 gal cloth bags
    Space: 30x48x62 DIY cabinet lined w/space blankets
    Lighting: Bloomspect SS1000 Quantum board x 3 - 300 watts actual draw
    Soil Supplements: Worm Castings, Crab Shell, Oyster Shell, Neem and Karanja Meal, Volcanic Basalt Dust (for minerals), Recharge root micros. Grow 3 is with reconstituted super soil to which I've added several additional minerals and supplements. A more complete list based on Cackamas Coots super soil recipe can be found in my Auto Toka thread
    i don't grow plants anymore, I grow soil that my plants can thrive in!
    My filtered tap water runs over 7.5 pH but the soil microbes
    make pH correction unnecessary
    Ventilation: Vipospar 4" Exhaust Fan w/RH controller, 12" Carbon Scrubber
    8" bottom intake fan, 6" clip on fan, 6" heater as needed
    Cabinet on screen porch. N AZ @ 4000 ft.

My salute to all who have served
    Semper Fidelis!

Comment

• BU2B
      BU2B commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks TOKABIGONE - much appreciated, but honestly my grow is just one of many. For real droolworthy pictures I find the Show Your Grow forum more than worthy of a look through. Mr.furley has created an amazing showcase legacy for folks to show their wares and appreciate the love, effort and hard work of others.

Update 54: November 29, 2021
    As I prepare to close out this journal I have a few closing thoughts. The plants are down, the tubs have been cleaned, the tent has been sterilized and the flowers are hanging. It's all pretty much in the rear-view mirror from here. All that can be done has been done, the buds won't get any riper, or stronger and the final yield isn't going to increase.

A few have pointed out and wondered about what I have yet to perfect for each and every grow; and that is - HOW MANY BRANCHES ARE TOO MANY!?
    Even though I've been using my PPP method for a while and working out kinks while figuring out what works best for me AND the plant to produce the highest yield with the least amount of work - I just don't have a definitive answer for you on this one. Why? Each and every grow is different! Just because you grew the same strain before and it stretched to double it's height during flowering; thus allowing you to spread the branches out further and get light deeper into the flowering plant - There's NO guarantee that the next time you grow the strain it will do exactly the same thing. You simply 'have to' improvise. Which is why I say to use BU2B's PPP Method as a guideline NOT scripture. I can't help but think when I have 60+ branches that she's gonna do some stretching and I will be able to open her up, but there's honestly only ever the possibility of this happening. There is always a part of me that says everything is fine, when in reality I'd do better to look at the grow with fresh eyes every time I see it. Easier said than done. It's a debate you will have with yourself on every plant, Should they Stay or should they Go BUT we all know, the longer they stay, the harder they are to go (for good or bad.)

Same strain, different grow, different phenotype and you may get different results.

With all of that said, here's what I 'KNOW': BU2B's PPP Method WILL give you the tools to do exactly what it's purpose is; to give the average grower who grow indoors regardless of growing medium, environment or skill the guidelines to be able to consistently average 16oz's or 450g per plant.

As always my hope is that if you use the PPP Method that you share the info with other growers. If you find improvement that can give you the same results with less work OR even better, better results - or give growers other options of implementing this method PLEASE share those too! I'd appreciate if you would let me know of any updates or suggestions that you think would be useful to pass on, but it's NOT a requirement or prerequisite of use.

Happy Pharming!
    Last edited by BU2B; 11-29-2021, 04:28 PM.

Comment

• TOKABIGONE
      TOKABIGONE commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow my brother, thank you so much for this great gift in pdf format! It is happily enshrined now in my files. One of these days when I get a new printer I am going to print it and have you autograph it for me...seriously! You should file your copywrite on this because someone will use it perhaps in a way you don't like. You do hold the rights to it for now but unless filed that will expire in one year. Fairly cheap process.

6%%$@#!#@ YG@&6!! I just figured out why you don't opt for dry trimming if you live somewhere with very low humidity. Went in to check flowers to see how dry they were... OH, they're dry alright! Damn and Drats! I hope I get 8 oz off of the two plants. What's there looks and smells great but far more having any substantial weight left. May as well fess up now... you're gonna find out sooner or later. Damn it I'm upset with me... DUMB, De, DUMB! DUMB!!

A few years ago my sister-in-laws significant other was stationed overseas as paramedic with the U.N. One night while we sitting at her house, the wife and I hear... WTF!? and look up to see what's going on just in time to hear her repeating what SO had just sent her in a text .... "Decided to go out and check out the local night life. Went to a bar, I was mugged by 6 dwarves! NOT HAPPY! I think that sums it up pretty well, but I'm not laughing this time.
    Last edited by BU2B; 11-29-2021, 11:55 PM.

Comment

• bboyfromwayback
      bboyfromwayback commented
      Editing a comment
      Once in jars a piece of a tortilla will bring them back to life in a couple days.

Throw them in a box with a few leaves of lettuce for a day. Will moisten back up. Did the same with forum stomper. Didn't miss a beat on the cure.
    keeping it green with the soil thing
    love me some frosty autos
    braap
    BRAAPZAI https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...162-braaap-zai
    Mephisto run. yeah i know spellcheck https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-memphisto-run
    the fruit basket https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...et-auto-runrun
    blue strawberries in a four assed galaxy https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...r-assed-galaxy

Comment

Oh man my brother, that really sucks and I have a small idea of what you feel right now as this is exactly what happened to me on first grow. All was peachy until the humidity fell to the floor and they were brittle in 2 days. It is what we deal with in N AZ! I immediately jarred them with 62 Boveda packs and they recovered in a day to 62%. This is why I queried you about humidity control in drying. It is a bigger issue during dry time than grow time IMO. I have a small 2nd bath with a shower/tub so this time I will hang in there with a digital RH controller set at 62% and as I have a swamp cooler I can close all vents except that room which helps with RH. They will stay there for a full week then into jars with 62 Boveda thru cure and switch to 58 Boveda after cure for long term. For me the smoke is better at 58 rather than 62.

Sorry that's my long winded way of saying get them into jars now with 62 packs and small hygrometers and cure as usual. Hopefully you will be surprised. It feels crushing but it's not defeat. There is more moisture left in them than you might think at this point. Good luck my friend!
      Last edited by TOKABIGONE; 11-30-2021, 08:47 AM.
      Grow # 3 50/50 S/I Critical Mass photo fem
      Seeds drop in water 1/8/2022

Medium: FF Coco Loco plus 30% Perlite in 7 gal cloth bags
      Space: 30x48x62 DIY cabinet lined w/space blankets
      Lighting: Bloomspect SS1000 Quantum board x 3 - 300 watts actual draw
      Soil Supplements: Worm Castings, Crab Shell, Oyster Shell, Neem and Karanja Meal, Volcanic Basalt Dust (for minerals), Recharge root micros. Grow 3 is with reconstituted super soil to which I've added several additional minerals and supplements. A more complete list based on Cackamas Coots super soil recipe can be found in my Auto Toka thread
      i don't grow plants anymore, I grow soil that my plants can thrive in!
      My filtered tap water runs over 7.5 pH but the soil microbes
      make pH correction unnecessary
      Ventilation: Vipospar 4" Exhaust Fan w/RH controller, 12" Carbon Scrubber
      8" bottom intake fan, 6" clip on fan, 6" heater as needed
      Cabinet on screen porch. N AZ @ 4000 ft.

My salute to all who have served
      Semper Fidelis!

Comment

That really sucks man. I've heard the suggestions already given here and they all are standard fixes. I'll throw this out there. Back in the day people used to steam weed they sold just to increase weight. We are talking about brown ditch weed here. Idk if it will work for your situation, but worth a try. Start with a small batch. After it has taken on some moisture, re-dry to desired specs. Hope this helps. If all else fails I see some fine dry ice hash in your future. Hang in there friend.
        Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

Final result - here it is. I was hoping for 12 oz’s of flower from the two plants. That didn’t happen but I do have a huge pile of some of the sweetest stickiest cannabis dust I’ve seen in a while

Change of plans on gifts…. I hope everyone likes edibles 😂

I think I’m getting pretty close to making all the mistakes one can in one lifetime. I’m hoping this means I’m pretty much golden on the next one - lol
          BK 146.3g/5.2 oz. CMOG 118.7g/4.2 oz. SugarLeaf & popcorn buds 97.4g/3.4 oz. 12oz total for the grow 👎
          Click image for larger version  Name:	402B5DF7-214D-44D6-AC5E-EF9022435677.jpeg Views:	4 Size:	1.76 MB ID:	548555
          Last edited by BU2B; 11-30-2021, 05:40 PM.

Comment

• Puglover1
            Puglover1 commented
            Editing a comment
            Looks good to me. I'd rather have someone else bake for me, too. I know it wasn't your plan but that picture sure looks fine. You could rehydrate some bud if your giftees are picky.

• BU2B
            BU2B commented
            Editing a comment
            Personally - I’m blaming HobbitGDF everything was going fine until he prognosticated a dry weight damn close to the actual final result! 😆
            Last edited by BU2B; 11-30-2021, 05:49 PM.

• Smoklahoma
            Smoklahoma commented
            Editing a comment
            I know it wasn't what you were going for but it sure looks like a nice pile of taystee cannabis to me. Same thing happened to me last grow. This time I'm drying in the grow room.

And… that’s a wrap folks. I hope everyone has a great holiday and new year! Thanks to those who tuned in and commented. I’ll be sure and think of you as I’m enjoying what’s left of my sticky delicious smelling flowers.

All my best my friends
          Big Love & Good Rain!

jago ma!*

*personally I don’t believe in deity, this call to Kali Ma along with the last two songs might seem a contradiction. To quote The Professor: “I don’t have faith in faith, I don’t believe in belief. Yes you can call me faithless. But I believe in love, and I still cling to hope and that’s faith enough for me.”
          Last edited by BU2B; 12-01-2021, 06:49 AM.

Comment

Aww that looks delicious. Well done my friend. We all have are ambitions high. That's what makes us strive to be better. I love failure. Keeps me humble. Problem is I've never failed. Just not succeeded as expected. Can't wait for a smoke report.
            keeping it green with the soil thing
            love me some frosty autos
            braap
            BRAAPZAI https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...162-braaap-zai
            Mephisto run. yeah i know spellcheck https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-memphisto-run
            the fruit basket https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...et-auto-runrun
            blue strawberries in a four assed galaxy https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...r-assed-galaxy

Comment

• BU2B
              BU2B commented
              Editing a comment
              Going2fast No doubt I dropped the ball on staying on top of the drying. I knew it wasn't going to be the final harvest I had hoped for when I opened the tent and saw the RH @16%. The purpose of the grow was met, though I'm not super happy about the harvest weight, what flowers are there will without a doubt make a nice gift. FYI: just smoked a bowl of both flowers mixed. First bowl of the day and I'm toasted

"I'll be showing the BU2B's PPP Method with two different strains. I'm not planning anything special or extraordinary. Hoping for a 'quiet' grow without incident and some nice buds in time for the Holidays." The grow was great and was indeed 'quiet' and I did end up with nice buds in time for the Holidays. The harvest was a bit lacking due to a slow leak in my airhead.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X