Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hammer53
    commented on 's reply
    Robc if you are growing in small bathroom I believe it will be noisy, I'm in a spare bedroom. Good luck to yah I think you can do this just might have to experiment a little

• Hammer53
    commented on 's reply
    RobC Yes am using carbon scrubber, but I have a situation that enables me to vent.into the attic. So nobody.knows but me lol. And very little scent.in lung room. (Until I open the tent) and still not much smell

• RobC
    commented on 's reply
    Nice. Are you using a carbon filter? If so is effectively scrubbing the smell?

• RobC
    commented on 's reply
    I see, thanks for the reference. These AC Infinity are supposed to be the quietest ones which is why I chose it, I need stealth as in the sound can’t get out of that small bathroom tent is in. Guess ill put it in and test it

• Tersky
    commented on 's reply
    For reference, i have a 400ish cfm fan on low and it can drown out a knock at the front door if i am in the same room as the tent. It isnt unmanageable on low, but on max, they reeeeaaaaal loud. The tent wont block the sound that much but may muffle it a tad. It all depends on whether you want to be more stealthy and be able to hear decently in the same room or if that is not an issue.

• Hammer53
    replied
    I've upgraded from a blurple to a QB

Leave a comment:

• Hammer53
    replied
    Originally posted by Hammer53 View Post
    Hi RobC and welcome aboard. I did the same thing, ordered wrong set up
    I have 3x3x6 tent with 4" fan and filter, and oscillating fan. Am going to get 6" fan and filter, but so far no issues, and it's been 9 months.
    But then I'm stuck with 4" fan ( might use it in closet that I dry my harvest in)
    I wanted.a 6" fan all along. I'd rather have more if needed, and wouldn't have to run on high. Although I've seldom run this one high.

Leave a comment:

• RobC
    commented on 's reply
    You are right, I’m worried I might have to run it at max but don’t know how loud it will be from inside the tent

• RobC
    commented on 's reply
    Sounds good, only worry then is if it will be stealthy smell wise

• RobC
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks! If you have no issues why are you getting a 6”? What light are you using?

• grouchyoldman
    commented on 's reply
    Oval ducting is a good idea Poppa. Thanks. I have experience in most of the trades, but I'm an HVAC novice.

• Poppa
    commented on 's reply
    grouchyoldman Could you use oval ducting like this https://www.homedepot.com/p/Speedi-P...O-06/202907169 or is it a joists to close issue over height of joist issue?

• grouchyoldman
    replied
    Do any of you know if there is CFM loss if a 6" fan is exhausted through a 4" duct? I have a framing issue that makes 6" difficult.

Leave a comment:

• Tersky
    replied
    Depending on light setup and ambient temps (which you indicate are not high) you probably will be fine. Since i live in the south, temps an humidity require a little more airflow but as long as temps and humidity are ok it should be fine to be just under the recommended CFM.

That said, I recommend getting a fan that is more than you need as fans on high tend to be loud. Having a higher cfm fan allows you to run at lower speeds decreasing sound made by fans, if that is a thing you care about.

Leave a comment:

• Hammer53
    replied
    Hi RobC and welcome aboard. I did the same thing, ordered wrong set up
    I have 3x3x6 tent with 4" fan and filter, and oscillating fan. Am going to get 6" fan and filter, but so far no issues, and it's been 9 months.
    But then I'm stuck with 4" fan ( might use it in closet that I dry my harvest in)

Leave a comment:

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X