Kief Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kief Question

After jarring up trim from the harvest I did earlier this week I gathered up the kief. When I got the jar I had been putting the containers I'd collected from earlier grows out of cabinet I thought dam I should just get 1 bigger container to keep it all together in. I mainly smoke the bubble hash I make or flower once in a while so I haven't been smoking it. I've tended to give it away to friends who would rather have it over smoke or hash for Christmas so I have limited experience with kief. My question is when i harvest it it's powdery but when opened the containers I had stored the trichomes seemed to bind together like the start of hash is it to moist when I put it in container or is this normal when kief is stored for long periods? Well it's all in a pint jar now and in last picture you can see the 1 disc I pressed with my fingers till I had a nice little cube.

Yea it’s normal. It’s the curing process of the hash.
    like people do in Morocco
    Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
    You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

Nice little chunk you made. I have an older 5-part s/s grinder, hadn't checked the bottom in quite a while. The other night I decided to and it looked like it has been smashed already, gold and smooth instead of a fine, tan powder. I have a jar of kief from 7 months ago, I want to make hash discs.
      Soil: Coast of Maine Stonington Blend, perlite; Seedlings: CoM org potting soil
      Indoor: 2 x 5.5 x 8' Closet grow
      Viparspectra XS2000; EnjoYield 220W full spectrum light added during flower
      Various size fabric grow bags
      Cal-Mag & GH Trio if needed; Flower Fuel & molasses during bloom; ReCharge
      4 clip fans. Exhaust into attic is vented to the eaves
      Current grow: Wild Thai sativa photoperiod, 3 White Widow Fast Fem photos

"Joker, smoker & midnight toker, I sure don't want to hurt no one"

Comment

Thank You @CaptainWiese91 & @Puglover1 .

Comment

Hi Poppa, this isn't an answer to your question, but I did an experiment with decarbed bubble hash the other day that you might consider.

2 grams of decarbed hash added to one ounce of very cold Everclear then chilled and stirred a few times produced a very strong "Golden Dragon" tincture. 1 ml mixed with a bit a water tastes pretty nice (Spicy Hot, but nice) and packs a punch.

Just a thought.
          I grow exclusively in large pots using soil comprised of the compost I make combined with Foxfarm or other quality commercial soils as an amendment. Appropriate nutes as needed. State of the art LED lighting and an evolving system of environmental controls allows me to pamper my plants and let them tell me what they need.
          My goal is epicurean quality rather than high yield.
          I'm learning how to create cannabis tinctures and hashish and I almost always use a vaporizer to spare my aging lungs.
          Despite my avatar name I'm generally amenable and helpful. So, if there's a question I'm qualified to answer, hit me up!

-Grouchy

Comment

• Poppa
            Poppa commented
            Editing a comment
            grouchyoldman This does help with question I asked awhile back about decarbing and using excess hash and kief for making oil. I have a magic butter decarb box, did you or would you just add hash & kief to trim/flower when decarbing it?

• grouchyoldman
            grouchyoldman commented
            Editing a comment
            For decarb: About 9 grams of sieved & dried bubble hash (all I had laying around) in a pint Ball jar with the lid on, 240 for 45 minutes. Next time I'm going to leave the jar lid off because the bubble hash wasn't as dry as I supposed and the decarb sweated out all the excess water onto the jar. Would have been better to let the heat evap the moisture.

I was just surprised at how quick and easy this was to make a very potent tincture. And virtually zero waste of Everclear: one ounce in.... one ounce of tincture. I didn't even bother to filter it, Golden Dragon with a fiery breath!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X