X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help with my 1st grow

Need tips and help I think they are in some trouble
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Drechrist91; 07-18-2021, 03:31 PM.

I think you will get a better response if you give a few details about your grow - growing medium, watering details, nute and pH information, indoor/outdoors etc, and anything more detailed about the problems you’ve noticed.

I assume from the photo it is an outdoor grow. The growing medium looks like it may not be optimal and I am wondering why the plastic is taped around the pots? Room to breath and for water to drain is necessary or they will drown and on a hot day dark plastic will overheat the roots. Just guessing without more info.

Comment

Ya think your in trouble well welcome to the grow. Please tell us more about what you do know about those sickly plants Drechrist91 i really am curious as to how you came upon these plants?
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Those pots dont hold enuf soil/media to do a real grow in. Now some of the pros can grow in a solo cup, but that is not easy.

Comment

Your containers are way too small. You need three to five gallon containers. The plants are way over defoliated. It appears you lined the pots with plastic bags. This is not good, your plants require adequate drainage and oxygen to the roots. They may not be receiving adequate sunlight, That is difficult to tell from the pictures but greatly contributes to the stalky-ness. What is your PH and are you using any nutes?
          Current Grow: 1 Purple Haze, 1 Bay Burger, 1 11 Roses Photoperiods
          5 gallon cloth pots
          30"x30"x60" tent
          Spider Farmer SE3000
          Coco Pearlite mix
          GH Trio, Silica, Cal-Mag

Comment

I am a visual learner myself and youtube has a wealth of good growers like Bill Ward for one that will take you from seed to harvest and helped me a great deal when I first started that and this site lead me to success
            Go ahead sing to your plants there not going to think your a nutjob

Grow in soil-fox farm ocean forest-happy frog
            Indoor Grow with 5gl cloth pots
            31/2x31/2 Home made grow box
            1-Mars hydro ts1000 and 1-ts600
            Humboldts nutrients + Blackstrap molasses
            secret base a & b
            cal mag
            golden tree
            flower stacker

Comment

Looks like someone has cut off leaves and branches - let them grow.

They look like they are stretching for more light.
              ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
              Mars Hydro
              Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Well imma 1st timer so pretty much all this is new to me just basically winging it . I was told the roots could get too much light if left uncovered the plastic is only wrapped around the outside of the cups. All cups have multiple holes in the bottom for draining... Got the seeds from some runtz I had all female plants ... big blooming bud , grow, flower,and bud nutrients only used the grow so far. I ordered a grow tent from Amazon should be arriving soon then I'll be switching to indoors ..

Appreciate all the tips so far I will be using them

Comment

• OldManGrower
                  OldManGrower commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Good luck. Please read and re-read the Grow Weed Easy site. I promise, if you want to be a grower, it is invaluable.

• DeadlyFruit
                  DeadlyFruit commented
                  Editing a comment
                  First timer winging it is where everyone starts.From here it gets better with each harvest!

Re plastic wrapped pots it is not really a good idea. Roots getting too much light is more of a DWC thing where you want to discourage root rot but it isn’t really the same in other grow mediums. Air pots are quite popular - they look like they are made out of plastic egg carton material with holes at every juncture (bottom and sides) to introduce oxygen and allow better drainage and evaporation from all sides. It also does something called oxygen pruning which you can google if you want to know more. It is a bit like a screen door, so light is not a problem (and the dirt is protecting the roots anyways). Plant roots need oxygen and they generally get it from water, which is why you need good drainage, so it makes way for fresh water periodically and the plant doesn’t sit in old de-oxygenated water and drown. Having too much heat on the roots is also a problem that can be created with dark plastic on the pot.

Re using seeds from previous plants - just be watchful of whether they turn out female or male. The mother may have been from a feminized seed but if all of the other plants were female as well the seeds likely came from one of them going hermie and self-pollinating so the resulting seeds can produce male plants (having planted seeds from self pollinated feminized mothers I can attest that they can produce male offspring).

Good luck and enjoy the new tent. Have you invested in a grow light for your tent and a ventilation fan? Also, you should pick up something to test the pH of your water and larger pots - I like cloth pots and air pots myself, usually around 8 gallon size for indoors. On the GWE site you will find shopping lists if you aren’t sure. They say this hobby is a cheap way to get bud but it doesn’t always feel that way when we are out buying gear and new growing related toys 🙂

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X