Buds have become husks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Buds have become husks

I have a tent using root hydration with three plants. One of them has developed a condition where the growing buds have become husks and there is a fine yellowish powder on the leaves below each bud. The husk buds are showing on the other plants but no powder is evident. This is the first time using this system and I have been meticulous in the process. I'm using General Hydroponics nutes. I assume this crop is toast but what is it and how do I prevent it. I have been trying to successfully grow for over a year and have yet to obtain a single gram of cannabis.

thats a male, males do not make buds

Comment

Yes that’s a male and all that yellow powder is pollen. You won’t get any smoke from that plant. Chop it and clean your tent REALLY good, start over with some feminized seeds.
      Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
      Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
      6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
      Canna Coco/perlite
      General Hydroponics Flora Series
      Cal/Mag.

Tent
      Bruce Banner
      Kushy Kush
      2Cookies and cream

Comment

• Papagun
        Papagun commented
        Editing a comment
        Will do. I suppose I should junk the other plants as well as this apparently has been going on for awhile. Funny, it didn't show any of the regular signs early on... or I didn't see them.

• Papagun
        Papagun commented
        Editing a comment
        Should I wash the tent with anything special? Can pollen affect feminized seeds? as you can probably tell, I'm new at this.

• homegrown
        homegrown commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes pollen can affect Fem seeds..i would take Captains advise below..Wash with alcohol..Everything, container,fans,lights,wires,hangers..Fak i'd probably do it twice to make sure i didnt forget anything. LOL im pretty anal about my tent though. Nothing from outside goes in there and i dont take clones from other growers..yes im that picky haha. Outdoors, shits gonna happen, bugs, bugs and more bugs, pollen from neighbours plants, etc. I try and keep the tent a sterile as possible.

Wash everything in ISO alcohol and you should be fine from pollen
      Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
      You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

• Papagun
        Papagun commented
        Editing a comment
        No can do. The tent is located close to a pilot light. I don't want to take the risk. From all I've read, water will do. It apparently permanently keeps the pollen from being airborne.

If you allow the other plants to grow for a few weeks they'll be loaded with free seeds.... I like free🥳 and you can smoke the buds they'll just be an average smoke though
      TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
      s silver haze... strawberry haze...
      .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
      TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
      2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
      TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
      3 gallon pots all autos
      Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
      👇my one n only journal👇
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

• Papagun
        Papagun commented
        Editing a comment
        I just received some feminized autoflower seeds which I'll try next. I have had some rather bad luck as I've been trying to grow for about 1-1/2 years. I received some seeds from a friend and planted six after germination. Result: 5 males and one mutant twisted weird thing that nobody could recognize. After a move to the mainland from Hawai'i, It took me two weeks to germinate some other seeds as a lot were "dead" for some reason. After about 8 plantings, I have had a total of 13 males in total.

Sigh.

• MeEasy
        MeEasy commented
        Editing a comment
        Wow that sucks 😪 sounds like you need a new seed guy if you're interested I use a small co located here in the US I get fast friendly service, they take a bank card, $5 flat rate shipping, and no hidden fees. Greybeard.com they have an app (not the best user friendly setup) to shop n pay then I get my seeds within a week of ordering. Alot of the people on here use another one called new420seedguy.com and everyone seems to like them I've checked out the site I just don't like the payment options. Then here's a list of more companies I just can't give an opinion on these I've never used any of them..... good luck
        Thank you for visiting our website. Our sincerest gratitude goes out to everyone who has helped The Seed Source become a reality. We wholeheartedly value your trust and business and we would not be here without all of your support. Best wishes, IncanLama and The Seed Source family The Seed Source Family We want to […]

Welcome To D.C. Seed ExchangeThe Grower’s ChoiceShop NowWelcome To D.C. Seed ExchangeThe Grower’s ChoiceShop NowWelcome To D.C. Seed ExchangeThe Grower’s ChoiceShop Now Previous slide Next slide About Us Welcome to the D.C. Seed Exchange! Founded in 2015, we are one of the oldest independent seed banks in the US focused on rare and exotic breeder […]

Best cannabis seed bank in the US. Best selection of breeders and strains. Start your next grow with some seeds from Neptune Seed Bank

Sporting a powerhouse roster, Speakeasy Seedbank works breeder direct from seed to sale with an emphasis on ethics, quality and transparency.

Welcome to Gaslamp Seeds! Support our boutique genetics collections, the finest strains, all thoughtfully curated.
        Last edited by MeEasy; 07-17-2021, 07:36 AM.

• Papagun
        Papagun commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks gang. I'll figure something out... hopefully something that won't cause an explosion, which I am thoroughly convinced would be a bad thing.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X