What kind of deficiency is this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What kind of deficiency is this?

I have two Amnesia Haze autos growing in living soil. Today is day 37 since the seeds popped. Can anyone tell me what this particular deficiency is and what I should do to correct it? I have been very careful with my pH and I always feed a mixture of spring water and filtered drinking water that works out to be about 6.7. Thanks in advance for any thoughts! Here are the full grow details:

2 x Amnesia Haze autos from Nirvana
    Each in a 5 gallon fabric pot
    Indoors in a 4x4 tent
    Seeds popped and first true leaves on June 9, today is day 37
    Soil: Fox Farm Coco Loco with Nature’s Living Soil (“Super Soil” method)
    Fed only water, a mix of spring and filtered drinking water that comes out at 6.65 pH
    Fertilized with additional living soil top dressing on day 35
    Light: Black Dog PhytoMAX-2 600 (615 watts from wall)
    Temperature: Low-70s during lights off, mid-80s with lights on
    Humidity: Mid-50s with lights off, low- to mid-40s with lights on
    Ventilation: 8” system with 710 CFM fan pulling through two separate large carbon filters (one tail end and one inline) through very long duct work, resulting in a nice breeze coming out in an adjacent room, and tent walls sucking in slightly
    Small Vornado air circulator inside tent, blowing 24/7 on low, pointed between pots and slightly down to not be directly on leaves
    Vornado oscillating tower fan blowjng softly across the full height of the plants for roughly 12 hours per day, staggered 6 on, 6 off, 6 on, 6 off

Attached Files

Is it all the leaves ? Or just that leaf ?
    Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
    You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

• Rik
      Rik commented
      Editing a comment
      That’s the worst one, but other leaves are starting to yellow a little and there are little bits of brown coming through. It’s only on this one plant. The other doesn’t have any spots. I’m going to post more photos of the whole grow for better perspective.

• CaptainWiese91
      CaptainWiese91 commented
      Editing a comment
      And is it only fan leaves ??
      My experience with autos is they will start losing the fan leaves some quite early on. And it looks like a natural process to me.
      Could be root issue, but if the growth hasn’t stopped or slowed down. I would say it’s a natural process. But I have never grown in a living soil before 🤷🏼‍♂️ I do have a lot of experience with autos though

Study this and see if it helps.

Leaves with a potassium deficiency have yellow, brown, or burnt edges and tips. It may look like nutrient burn, but the leaf margins also turn yellow.
    2X4X6 Quictent
    1.5x3x5 Gorilla tent
    600w LED (80)
    1000w LED (180)
    2 X Viparspectra P-1000
    2 X 4" fan with carbon filter ducted to unused boiler chimney
    6" battery/usb fans
    Mother Earth 70/30 coco/perlite
    GH trio with Calimagic
    Lung room humidifier
    3 and 5 gal plastic buckets Nebulas coco for autos nute schedule.
    ArmorSi, kelp when needed
    Running at pH 6.0

Grow 3
    Northern Lights auto
    (Seedsman)
    auto 00 Kush
    (00Seeds)

Grow 4 8/23
    2x Northern lights auto
    1 auto 00 Kush
    1 Critical photo

Don't just "grow weed",
    Cultivate a masterpiece.

Comment

• Rik
      Rik commented
      Editing a comment
      I figured it was probably a calcium deficiency but wanted others opinions. From Nebula’s articles on living soil, she says this is likely to happen and to feed more spring water to add calcium. I’m already planning on doing that when I feed tonight, but I wasn’t sure if this was the unanimous opinion.

Click image for larger version

Name:	7C0550E6-E9D6-4AE1-B88C-3EBD70CF34B2.jpeg
Views:	156
Size:	1.11 MB
ID:	525283Click image for larger version

Name:	990CB9DA-E010-4BE2-A0CF-F369FE625B44.jpeg
Views:	137
Size:	1.44 MB
ID:	525282Click image for larger version

Name:	7C82FA0A-A627-43F1-AC33-4DA2BC60567A.jpeg
Views:	166
Size:	1.42 MB
ID:	525281Click image for larger version

Name:	6A98A45C-710B-44AF-BABD-417AB50259F2.jpeg
Views:	147
Size:	1.23 MB
ID:	525280Click image for larger version

Name:	354BDC8A-C7CC-4C34-BAE5-FE776DE36076.jpeg
Views:	160
Size:	953.2 KB
ID:	525279

Comment

• Rik
      Rik commented
      Editing a comment
      It’s Nina that has the problems. Sofie is completely green everywhere. They sure look different for being the same kind of seed, sprouted on the same day, under the same light and everything. There’s about a foot difference in their height, hence the milk crate.

Honestly I wouldn’t worry that much 🤷🏼‍♂️

feed it some calcium to see if it helps, it wouldn’t hurt it for sure.

but it doesn’t look that bad
    Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
    You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

You are right Rik, those plants look nothing like each other. Nina is showing lots of sativa tendencies, spindly with thin finger leaves. And Sofie looks to have more indica in her, Fat leaves and bushy. Maybe you got two different seeds? If thats the case, I've found that sativas are a little more picky than indicas. Much less nitrogen for a start. Are you feeding them flowering nutes now? i would.
      Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
      Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
      6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
      Canna Coco/perlite
      General Hydroponics Flora Series
      Cal/Mag.

Tent
      Bruce Banner
      Kushy Kush
      2Cookies and cream

Comment

• Rik
        Rik commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi homegrown. They look completely different. Makes me want to grow just one at a time from now on. They’re both supposed to be Amnesia Haze autos (from Nirvana), which is a sativa-leaning strain. Maybe Sofie is something else. I wouldn’t put it past Nirvana to do that on accident. I’m not feeding flowering nutes (I’m trying for a water-only experience, hence the Living Soil approach), but I did just a day after these photos were taken add a layer of Nature’s Living Soil Flower Power, their flowering-stage fertilizer concentrate, made to be used as a top dressing or a compost tea. I’ve also upped the amount of spring water in the water mixture (and thereby increased the pH from 6.7 to 6.9) in an attempt to increase the calcium and magnesium getting in.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X