• Show
Clear All

Caterpillar Hell

Click image for larger version

Name:	hookah-smoking-caterpillar.jpg
Views:	243
Size:	35.3 KB
ID:	525211
    I've been in purgatory the past few weeks being unable to log into my account but view posts as a guest. Fortunately after a few emails back and forth, GWE was able to resolve the problem. In the meantime the budworms showed up very early and caught me by surprise. I have an OG Kush that began bud way ahead of schedule and apparently its aroma brought in the moths from near and far. The caterpillars did some extensive damage before I discovered what was going on. Seems to be under control now but I lost a significant number of colas from the top down on that particular plant. A number of my plants are just beginning flower now so I'm gonna have to do some serious scanning of the rest of the crop. Anyway, it's nice to be back in the loop again -

Big bummer about those catipillars i've not had any yet, but all my outdoor is in preflower. I've not seen any worms yet and only a few last summer. It's so freaking windy and dry here, different parts of Oregon got bad bad grasshopper swarms?
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• crucialbunny
      crucialbunny commented
      Editing a comment
      Last year I didn't have any until late September and even then it would be only a single caterpillar on each plant. One thing I have noticed is that they seem to only be interested in plants that have a strong pine or citrus terpene profile. My OG Kush plants have a very strong citrus and fuel aroma that I'm afraid is irresistible to moths. Last year my Super Glue plants were mainly targeted and the Wedding Cakes too. I've been busy lately remodeling a portion of my kitchen and have been less than diligent about tending my garden so I gotta get out there at twilight when the caterpillars show themselves. I've been following the crazy weather you have been facing up north and I'm sure it must be a stick in your spokes trying to keep up with your garden. Got my fingers crossed that things turn around soon.

That sucks about the colas. I don’t think I’ve ever had budworms up here, knocking on wood that I don’t see them in the future!

Comment

We got catapilers that eat pine needles some kind of moth but I just found a old box of catapiler tape I need a pic ldk

Comment

• DeadlyFruit
        DeadlyFruit commented
        Editing a comment
        I’ve got a container of gooey stuff around here somewhere that is meant for tree trucks. That might also be helpful because you can smear it here and there.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X