Light Important for germinating seeds?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Light Important for germinating seeds?

Hey guys! Im about 1.5-2 months or so from finishing up my current grow. Im thinking about when I should start germing the next batch of seeds. Will they still start to grow well at 18/6 lighting or should I try to go for 24 hours of light?

Thanks in advance!
    FLOWERING:
    Nova 48"x48"x80" tent
    Mother Earth Groundswell Soil
    Vivosun 4" Carbon Filter
    GH Flora Trio
    EnjoYield 1000W LED Grow Light 3x3ft with Timer Dimmable
    Current Grow: GC-Critical Purple Auto x2, ILGM- AH x2, NL x1

I have a little table with a small t-5 grow light and a CFL with a reflector i put my seedling and sprouts under it for a couple weeks, then i'd transfer it. But i keep my little seedling light on 24hrs even for the seedlings. If you don't have a seedling station i suppose you can run it at 18/6, autos would do great but if you got a really intense LED they will need to be at least 36" you don't want to have to decrease light with those blooming gals. Whats your next seeds going to be?
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

I run mine at 18/6 mostly because I think a bit of a dark period is helpful for root growth.
      Coconut Grove
      4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Liberty Haze, Acapulco Gold, Lavender and Sweet Amnesia Haze.

3x3 tent, Platinum P300 LED. Flowering two Tangies.

Flower tent:
      4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Durban Poison and two Tangie x Blueberry crosses.

Nursery:
      32"x32" tent with Feit white LED. Vegging four Mother's Finest.

Coco/Perlite/worm castings/mycorrhizae living soil mix.
      Down-To-Earth dry amendments. Gnarly Barley added weekly. Eisenia fetida.

On deck: Winter indicas.

Comment

Before they make it into a solo cup I worry about warmth not light but after they are in the cup and onward they get 18/6.

Comment

Thanks guys! I think im going to start with Rapid Rooters then into solo cups. SoOrbudgal - Im going to do AF Blueberry and Amnesia Haze. With the Blueberry, Im going to do a correct Scrog (hopefully; I messed it up this time around in a super weird way-it grew taller up one side than the other)
          Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more.
          FLOWERING:
          Nova 48"x48"x80" tent
          Vivosun 4" Carbon Filter
          GH Flora Trio

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
            SoOrbudgal commented
            Editing a comment
            Hiya I grew Amnesia Haze on my last indoor harvest still have a quart jar left, boy does she get better with age. Hmmm where did i set my coffee cup???? that's true with her strain LOL

panalilies I just found a Mag seed while grinding some of my weed. Also, I started a post recently with the same question. I want to start and veg my photos while the autos finish.
          Soil: Coast of Maine Stonington Blend, perlite; Seedlings: CoM org potting soil
          Indoor: 2 x 5.5 x 8' Closet grow
          Viparspectra XS2000; EnjoYield 220W full spectrum light added during flower
          Various size fabric grow bags
          Cal-Mag & GH Trio if needed; Flower Fuel & molasses during bloom; ReCharge
          4 clip fans. Exhaust into attic is vented to the eaves
          Current grow: DEAD FLOWERS

"Joker, smoker & midnight toker, I sure don't want to hurt no one"

Comment

• panalilies
            panalilies commented
            Editing a comment
            Nice! I hope you are able to grow it! Im trying to get all my Autos done so I can buy some photo seeds. I think I want to do GG#4 and Bruce Banner as my first photo grows

• Puglover1
            Puglover1 commented
            Editing a comment
            Two words: South Beach. My photos will be Wild Thai for pain and White Widow fast, and maybe that Mag seed. I have Alaskan Purple auto seeds but I'm not rolling into autos again right now. Maybe the new light will help next time but I think it was the genetics. Short end of the genes. I still want to grow Gelato, I've always liked that strain.

I put the seed in water Wednesday morning and into a Rapid Rooter on Thursday. My Amnesia Haze has already sprouted! My blueberry has not tho

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210717_094215.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	2.14 MB
ID:	525655
          FLOWERING:
          Nova 48"x48"x80" tent
          Vivosun 4" Carbon Filter
          GH Flora Trio

Comment

• Puglover1
            Puglover1 commented
            Editing a comment
            How are your other girls growing panalilies ? I found another Mag seed, put it in the Aero-Garden starter. I have 3 more seeds soaking to drop in starters later today, I might drop the first Mag seed I found. At least I know how old those seeds are and how they were stored. They're lighter in color but Nebula says she has better success with tan seeds, we'll see. If they take off you might want to keep some space in your tent.

I did the 24/0. 18/6 and 14/10 for regulars cuz I wanted a better ratio of girls. Did it work ? Well out of 10 regulars I had 6 girls and 4 boys.
          Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
          Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
          Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
          Full auto grow
          Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
          12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X