First time growing AutoFlowers.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First time growing AutoFlowers.

First time growing AutoFlowers. Both are on Day 58 from sprout. The tall thinner one is called Trizzlers and it's TLC is supposed to be 72-82 days. The thicker one is called Whiskey Zulu with a TLC of 65-75 days. I'm a novice and just trying to get feedback to stay on the right course. What should I be doing as far as nutrients at this point?
    Attached Files

Welcome to GWE sir, all the info you need is in the tutorials and articles on the main site. We cannot help you without info on how and in what medium you are growing. If you wish, there is a signature place in your account page that lets you enter your grow specs and save then they will appear on each of your posts. I follow 2 to 3 dozen grows and can't keep them straight without it.
    Grow # 3 50/50 S/I Critical Mass photo fem
    Seeds drop in water 1/8/2022

Medium: FF Coco Loco plus 30% Perlite in 7 gal cloth bags
    Space: 30x48x62 DIY cabinet lined w/space blankets
    Lighting: Bloomspect SS1000 Quantum board x 3 - 300 watts actual draw
    Soil Supplements: Worm Castings, Crab Shell, Oyster Shell, Neem and Karanja Meal, Volcanic Basalt Dust (for minerals), Recharge root micros. Grow 3 is with reconstituted super soil to which I've added several additional minerals and supplements. A more complete list based on Cackamas Coots super soil recipe can be found in my Auto Toka thread
    i don't grow plants anymore, I grow soil that my plants can thrive in!
    My filtered tap water runs over 7.5 pH but the soil microbes
    make pH correction unnecessary
    Ventilation: Vipospar 4" Exhaust Fan w/RH controller, 12" Carbon Scrubber
    8" bottom intake fan, 6" clip on fan, 6" heater as needed
    Cabinet on screen porch. N AZ @ 4000 ft.

My salute to all who have served
    Semper Fidelis!

Comment

Growing outdoors in Foxfarm Ocean Forest soil in 3 gallon pots. We're in the middle of a period of rainy/cloudy intermittent weather, so I've been keeping them inside, out of the rain, and taking them outside when the sun peaks out for a bit. We also get long stretches of dry, hot weather here (95-100 degrees), so I've been limiting their direct sun exposure to a few hours a day (with the rest of the time outside in the shade). For nutes, I've been using Foxfarm Big Bloom and Tiger Bloom at about half recommended strength every 3rd day or so.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        I have used just the big bloom only so can't comment on the other tiger bloom. I'm using a different bloom now could'nt get the big bloom local? So i quit feeding bloom about 2wks from harvest and give unsulferated old fashion molasses about 1 tablespoon a gallon for watering only. That's my flush so to speak and i only allow about 20%runoff. Then they just sit and dryout in the pots.

OK good, I grow photos indoors and in coco so I can't help much but someone will now with your specs. I do know you are doing something right, nice buds! Good Growing!
      Grow # 3 50/50 S/I Critical Mass photo fem
      Seeds drop in water 1/8/2022

Medium: FF Coco Loco plus 30% Perlite in 7 gal cloth bags
      Space: 30x48x62 DIY cabinet lined w/space blankets
      Lighting: Bloomspect SS1000 Quantum board x 3 - 300 watts actual draw
      Soil Supplements: Worm Castings, Crab Shell, Oyster Shell, Neem and Karanja Meal, Volcanic Basalt Dust (for minerals), Recharge root micros. Grow 3 is with reconstituted super soil to which I've added several additional minerals and supplements. A more complete list based on Cackamas Coots super soil recipe can be found in my Auto Toka thread
      i don't grow plants anymore, I grow soil that my plants can thrive in!
      My filtered tap water runs over 7.5 pH but the soil microbes
      make pH correction unnecessary
      Ventilation: Vipospar 4" Exhaust Fan w/RH controller, 12" Carbon Scrubber
      8" bottom intake fan, 6" clip on fan, 6" heater as needed
      Cabinet on screen porch. N AZ @ 4000 ft.

My salute to all who have served
      Semper Fidelis!

Comment

What's the consensus on flushing autoflowers? Would you do it based on the appearance of the nugs or on the seed source's predicted total life cycle? Or would you not do it at all?

Comment

Are those some Okie varieties? I've found a few websites before selling unique seeds from my old home state and those sound a lot like a few of them. Flushing or not is a matter of opinion. I did it with a Purple Haze grow but mostly to try for some fall colors before chop. Most of us flush a week before chop and it takes a bit of experience to recognize where that point is. With the PH, I flushed when the trichs were about 75% cloudy because it is sativa-dominant and they don't turn amber until the buds are way overripe.
          Coconut Grove
          4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Liberty Haze, Acapulco Gold, Lavender and Sweet Amnesia Haze.

3x3 tent, Platinum P300 LED. Flowering two Tangies.

Flower tent:
          4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Durban Poison and two Tangie x Blueberry crosses.

Nursery:
          32"x32" tent with Feit white LED. Vegging four Mother's Finest.

Coco/Perlite/worm castings/mycorrhizae living soil mix.
          Down-To-Earth dry amendments. Gnarly Barley added weekly. Eisenia fetida.

On deck: Winter indicas.

Comment

• soonboomer
            soonboomer commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes they are. From a grow supply shop on Broadway Extension in OKC.

• UndergroundFarmer
            UndergroundFarmer commented
            Editing a comment
            Cool! I can't wait until the Federal ban is gone and this kind of stuff gets a bit easier to come by.

Day 62. Lack of sunshine has really slowed growth. White hairs turning amber and a few trichs are a touch cloudy. Hope they swell and tighten up.
          Attached Files

Comment

Sunshine is on for today, moon is out now! Keep am eye out for the WPM, keeping them out of the rain is good. (I cant move mine)

Comment

Day 69. No noticeable growth in a week, but buds are swelling and tightening up a bit. Trichomes fairly small but all still mostly clear. Tallest one is right at 2 feet and shortest just over a foot. Still a ways to go.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by soonboomer; 07-07-2021, 09:38 PM.

Comment

Day 72: Going with water and a touch of molasses rest of the way. Trichomes getting bigger but still clear. Plant is 2 feet tall.
                Attached Files

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                  SoOrbudgal commented
                  Editing a comment
                  This is when it's a seems like forever waiting time for readiness to harvest. Just be patient it will happen. They may not dry out as fast now, need watering as much it's different stage of life now for the plant. Wait wait and watch.

• Catfish22
                  Catfish22 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I also watch the water consumption. They will pretty quickly slow down when they are about ready.

They have pumped the buds as big as they can get them and there is no place to put the water anymore.

Day 75. Trichomes are probably 75% cloudy and 25% clear. Plants have shut way back on water intake. Day to day now.
                Attached Files

Comment

Harvested today, and looks like I waited a day or two too long. Probably lost 20% of the crop to bud rot. Almost like it happened over night. Probably checked them 10 times a day. Shame.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                    SoOrbudgal commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Well dang i've had that issue in the past wet & cooler fall, I don't know if Oregon will get that come mid Sept. been a real dry spring & summer. I tell ya that may of been a catipillar damage bored into the plant buds, that i've had a couple times also. Very hard to spot the worm, mine are thin as pencil lead green as the plant it's eating on difficult to see.

With all the hot wet air we have a problem! I moved a plant (that I can move) to the front porch to get it out of the rain while the buds fatten up. I pinched off 2 tips yesterday.

Comment

• soonboomer
                    soonboomer commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Got any special tips to deal with the heat and humidity we're about to get? I understand that hot temps can cause airy and loose buds. I grew last year for the first time, and all three plants I had made it through flowering without bug or rot issues. But, none of the three had what I'd call "dense" nugs. This year, I started with better genetics and soil, using suitable nutrients, and the plants are doing well. I can move them under the overhang of my roof to keep them out of the rain. (which also gives them a little more shade). Not sure what else would help.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X