Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SoOrbudgal
    commented on 's reply
    Rain stopped in middle of night sun's out today very cool mornings but no more rain for few days i hope. Leaving them out without cover for the next 36hrs without me being here kinda worries me as i know budrot or mold quickly appears. Hey that first pic sure looks like the buds on my 3 run homer indica hybred it's frosty silvery white real pretty, don't see much color changes. My GG#4 is getting fall colors, rather have it in the trichs right now LOL very soon.

• bboyfromwayback
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks! That makes sense since sativas aren’t generally as leafy as indicas. I’m sure planting in the ground would require less watering but I’m screwed by my surroundings here. The only place on my property that gets good sun and is hidden from my neighbors view is lit up at night by a big ass street light. I bring my plants out in the morning then put them back into cover at night. What got this whole thing started this year was a couple autos that outgrew their tent but they finished in June before the heavy humidity and daily thunderstorms set in. I may throw a few autos out early next year but I doubt I’ll do a photo. Neighbors we’re having a cookout one day and a storm was coming so I ran out and wheeled one big ass pot plant across my yard while carrying another (illegal state) to get them under cover before it started raining. The wife was neither thrilled or impressed

• bboyfromwayback
    replied
    Took a brown bud off Bruce this morning. It’s supposed to rain all week and she has no amber so we’ll see how this goes.

Leave a comment:

• Going2fast
    replied
    Don't give up on outdoors yet. My best advice for success in the hot and humid mid Atlantic region.
    heavy sativa genetics. This comes from extensive trial and error.
    As much sun as you can give them.
    Put those girls in the ground. If you can't forgo the fabric pots.
    Snowcaine did ok but did find a few small spots of bud rot at harvest. No insects.
    G13 haze no bud rot and no insects.
    Freakshow absolutely loves this climate. Prob 2 weeks out though but she is 90% sativa.
    Granted they could have been much bigger but I got a late start on them. Everything I've tried that wasn't at least 70% sativa has failed or done poorly. Just my advice.

Leave a comment:

• bboyfromwayback
    replied
    Pic of the structure after harvesting. After training and topping I started off with 24 colas but they didn’t all make it. I cut 4 off at the base to free up space in the center due to WPM. A few other colas in the center we’re lost completely to bud rot. Only 7 of the 24 original big top colas made it threw to harvest. I didn’t keep track of how many lower buds I’ve removed here and there or how many brown buds I found during harvest that were tossed. After spinning it looks like I should get around 7oz dry from the lower buds then another 3-5!from the tops so I’m expecting 10-12oz total.

Now here’s the question…..Was it worth it? 10-12oz from one plant with no electricity sounds pretty good. Once you take into consideration the amount of nutrients this girl consumed and the amount of daily care (sometimes twice a day) that she took for the last 5 1/2 months IMO not worth it. However I enjoyed it for the most part and I’m glad I got the experience. I’ve grown inside many years and I’ve thankfully never dealt with any of these issues. No doubt I’ll be prepared if shit ever does go south and I’m forced to grow outside due to no electricity, which with the way our country is being ran is a real possibility anyway now. Luckily I’m stocked up for a bit and the tents are full 😁

Leave a comment:

• bboyfromwayback
    replied
    Thanks buddy, hopefully Duckfoot makes it too!!! It’s supposed to rain here starting tomorrow and through most of next week. I’m gona have to watch Bruce Banner closely because she’s at the point her buds are starting to really fill in and thicken. Now that I’ve had a few weeks to get over the heartbreak I’m thinking I may do autos outside next year but no photos. Think if I started them early enough that they’d be done by early July before the daily storms and 100% humidity arrived I may be good.

Leave a comment:

• MeEasy
    replied
    My little duckfoot is still chuggin along it rained again for a couple days, no signs of any more caterpillars, and I'm watching the spot I cut the rot out. There's some dark still in there but I think the peroxide stopped it from growing 🤞🤞 today is 10 weeks so shouldn't be long now 🤔

Leave a comment:

• MeEasy
    commented on 's reply
    Congratulations 🤩 🥳 happy for you at least you were able to save one

• bboyfromwayback
    replied
    Banana Kush 56 days from first sign. About 20% amber. Starting on her this evening, hand trimming the tops and spinning everything else.

Leave a comment:

• bboyfromwayback
    commented on 's reply
    I’ve done the same thing the last few days lol yea all those autos just went ripe at the wrong time. Their last few weeks we got hit with storms from the tail end of a couple hurricanes along with the typical August humidity. Not a good combo for dense buds

• MeEasy
    commented on 's reply
    It sucks I remember all the plants you started with and how pretty they were, so if I lose little duck it's not that big of a deal especially compared to your loss. I went to take another peek a little while ago and I saw brown inside the bud and went into a panic lol it was pieces of leaf I cut yesterday, I thought I got all that off guess not

• bboyfromwayback
    commented on 's reply
    Yea it’s definitely a challenge, we’re limping across the finish line but hopefully we’ll finish lol….if I was to grow outside again I’d have to have some type of shelter with lots of fans to keep them out of the rain and help combat the humidity

• billyboy
    commented on 's reply
    All those buds and no electric bill sounds pretty cool to me. I have tried growing outside and get the bud rot form the rains while trying to get into October for a harvest. might try again next year if I can rig up something to cover the, when the big rains hit

• bboyfromwayback
    replied
    Anytime I see a brown leaf I freak the F out now but I looked her over and we’re good…have to remember it’s the natural process not just bud rot ….it’s been getting down into the 50’s at night, still no amber but we’re solid white with nothing clear that I can see so I’m thinking Saturday morning will be a good day to harvest just to be safe. Saturday will be day 56 from first sign of flower. She’s lost a few big tops, a bunch of big lower nugs and I had to cut one cola off at the base….I’ll feel blessed to get whatever I get off this girl
    Attached Files
    Last edited by bboyfromwayback; 09-28-2021, 10:06 PM.

Leave a comment:

• bboyfromwayback
    commented on 's reply
    I’m thinking this weekend myself. Afraid to keep going

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X