Anybody using Florigen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody using Florigen?

I recently went down a rabbit hole about a sugar myth in tomatoes and cannabis. In my search for answers I came across information on a lot of people using Florigen to increase flower production on tomatoes. Cannabis naturally creates Florigen to induce flowering when we change the light cycle. Is adding Florigen to photos at all beneficial? What about autos? I can hypothesize it being more useful in autos? …. Thoughts?

A few months ago I read an article about the Florigen hormone and how it is induced by reduction of light. I did an experiment on my just finished grow by reducing the light time below 12 hour incrementally by going 11, 10, 9 in 1 hour steps each week to see if more of the hormone would give more flower. I did not have a control plant and my results were far from conclusive. I have no idea if more Florigen was actually produced by this regimen. I had a bounty of buds from 4 plants. Interesting to note that the 3 from seed each gave twice the yield as the 1 clone from one of them. I don't know if that is common for clones harvested at the same time as the mother or not. I would think not??

Not sure how this relates to your thread but hope it helps. Is it used commercially for crop application like set spray on tomatoes? Wouldn't that be great...just spray your plants with canned hormone and they flower now...ok I'm high,bye
    Grow # 3 50/50 S/I Critical Mass photo fem
    Seeds drop in water 1/8/2022

Medium: FF Coco Loco plus 30% Perlite in 7 gal cloth bags
    Space: 30x48x62 DIY cabinet lined w/space blankets
    Lighting: Bloomspect SS1000 Quantum board x 3 - 300 watts actual draw
    Soil Supplements: Worm Castings, Crab Shell, Oyster Shell, Neem and Karanja Meal, Volcanic Basalt Dust (for minerals), Recharge root micros. Grow 3 is with reconstituted super soil to which I've added several additional minerals and supplements. A more complete list based on Cackamas Coots super soil recipe can be found in my Auto Toka thread
    i don't grow plants anymore, I grow soil that my plants can thrive in!
    My filtered tap water runs over 7.5 pH but the soil microbes
    make pH correction unnecessary
    Ventilation: Vipospar 4" Exhaust Fan w/RH controller, 12" Carbon Scrubber
    8" bottom intake fan, 6" clip on fan, 6" heater as needed
    Cabinet on screen porch. N AZ @ 4000 ft.

My salute to all who have served
    Semper Fidelis!

Comment

• CCbudz
      CCbudz commented
      Editing a comment
      The clone underperforming is interesting. I wouldn’t think that. A control for the expirement would be helpful. Lol. I’ve never grown autos, but I think it would be interesting to try some with and some without Florigen as a somewhat scientific expirement.

• TOKABIGONE
      TOKABIGONE commented
      Editing a comment
      CCbudz, Do you have source for Florigen? Or are we talking hypothetical?

What?? Lol.

Comment

• TOKABIGONE
      TOKABIGONE commented
      Editing a comment
      Sorry Cali, google Florigen, there's a couple interesting articles.

Only stuff I see available is "hormones" from India and China's production facilities.....I'd probably stay away from that. Interesting to read about tho....seems a good way to transfer this hormone is to graft a flowering plant onto a non flowering plant. It's confuzzling for sure.
    Learned a lot this year. pH and whiteflies are issues that need controlling. Maybe an auto over January.....hmmmm...

Comment

• TOKABIGONE
      TOKABIGONE commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, I have no idea what you would do to introduce a hormone like this to a plant or if you would even want too. Nor do I have any idea where this guy is going with this? Do we have a troll?

• Floopydoop
      Floopydoop commented
      Editing a comment
      TOKABIGONE i'm no rocket scientist, but you'd probably graft a flowering plant to one that isnt. I'm unsure why you'd do that, just flower the plant.

Can interrupt florigen production by providing a bit of light in the middle of dark periods..........encourage reveg.

Yeah, I'm unsure what the actual question is at this point.

Simple answer, yeah....? LOL

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X