Molasses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Molasses

Hi ..... I am nearly into week 5 of flower and I am chuffed to bits with the progression of my ladies, after week 6 of veg
    they were starting to look a little unwell so I introduced molasses into their mix and instantly got top results as they all turned into the greenest of greens...... is it ok to continue with the molasses throughout the flower period and does it effect the taste or should I do something different considering I am nearing week 10 and time to harvest and I have given these girls full attention every step of the way.
    i am a little concerned and would be pleased to receive some knowledge. Thankyou Robbo.

I never had a problem with molasse during the flowering phase. I use the unsulphured kind. Yes some will debate about it but it's my preference.
    Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
    Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
    Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
    Full auto grow
    Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
    12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

• Robbo
      Robbo commented
      Editing a comment
      Thankyou .... I shall continue with my mix

Yes - unsulphured Blackstrap molasses is your man. Speaking from experience, (joke - this is my first grow!) I've been giving my girls molasses about once a week ever since they went to flower about five/six weeks ago. All my leaves look wonderfully healthy and my my buds getting fatter by the day. Whether that's due to molasses, I can't say, but it certainly hasn't harmed the ladies.
    600W LEDs (when growing indoors)
    70% John Innes #3 compost. 15% Perlite. 15% coir
    10 inch (3 gallon) pots

"I can resist everything, except temptation"
    Oscar Wilde

Comment

Thankyou you for the advice, I shall continue with my molasses mix until the end .

Comment

I start using RAW NPK dry molasses from veg until harvest. Microbes and bacteria feed on the sugars. Which is a good thing. These Microbes and bacteria will consume dead root matter and sugars then their waste acts as nutrients for your roots.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X