Supercropping question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Supercropping question

I have a Kush that didn't auto in a 3.5 gallon bucket. I'm already doubtful about finishing it without it becoming root bound. It is also getting tall for the second tent I set up to put it in 12/12. If I supercrop it will it increase the growth time and if so how much. I really can't transplant as it is already in flower and I don't have the height anyway. 🤔
    2X4X6 Quictent
    1.5x3x5 Gorilla tent
    600w LED (80)
    1000w LED (180)
    2 X Viparspectra P-1000
    2 X 4" fan with carbon filter ducted to unused boiler chimney
    6" battery/usb fans
    Mother Earth 70/30 coco/perlite
    GH trio with Calimagic
    Lung room humidifier
    3 and 5 gal plastic buckets Nebulas coco for autos nute schedule.
    ArmorSi, kelp when needed
    Running at pH 6.0

Grow 3
    Northern Lights auto
    (Seedsman)
    auto 00 Kush
    (00Seeds)

Grow 4 8/23
    2x Northern lights auto
    1 auto 00 Kush
    1 Critical photo

Don't just "grow weed",
    Cultivate a masterpiece.

Hi Catfish22
    I've never super cropped but I think it is best done on a plant when in veg. I'd be a little worried that your the super cropped locations may not heal real well since the plant is now in flower. Maybe tying down would be better. Personally, I would not be too worried about root bound. Hopefully a super cropper will chime in. I'm sure you read the hell out of the GWE super cropping stuff...I have not....yet.
    Past Grows: Jack 47 Auto - La Bella Afrodita - Black Cream and Cheese Autos
    I like weed and science.

Comment

• Catfish22
      Catfish22 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi Jeff, I was really thinking more like the pic you posted yesterday.
      It's supercropping's twin sister. Your tie down still gets the same results I think.

You can use it to control height or increase yield. I think you just do one earlier than the other.

Thanks for responding! ✌

• JeffInCanada
      JeffInCanada commented
      Editing a comment
      I feel your pain with the lack of height room. I have been in the same scenario as you a few times...had to 12/12, then it stretched too much. Had to resort to creative height management...sometimes it wasn't pretty but each time it was worth the work in the long run. Sort of funny (not funny) first it wouldn't flower, now damn thing won't stop stretching...problem child. I have along the way, got real good at determining if an auto is going to flower when I expect it too or not.

I've done it later in the flowering stage on photos. If after the stretch say 6wks into flower. I find that knuckle super crop branch ripened sooner and did not slow down rest of plant that's what i've found.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	FBAE4ABE-EED1-482C-9637-BBA8CF816555.jpeg
Views:	125
Size:	4.76 MB
ID:	519008 I personally tide everything down (Low Stress Training) I’ve used it in flower, same idea as tucking nodes under the scrog, just no scrog net. It maximizes yields and keeps them from growing too tall.

just remember when the buds fatten up, they’ll need support, as the ties are still pulling them downwards (not supporting like a scrog)

Attached Files

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X