Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gifted 2 mystery plants with issues, need help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update:
    Losing the battle, not looking so promising.

PM has some back on several newer fan leaves, even with all the extra airflow, dry air, stable environment and spraying every night (literally every night, different solutions) it’s still thriving.

I’m pretty bummed out I couldn’t rid it, and now I’ve just located a red spider mite in the tent after leaf washing/pluckinng.. bugger!!

only method I haven’t tried is wettable sulphur, or neem oil..
    would it even be worth it at this point?

Debating just trashing them and giving the whole room a cleaning overhaul. what a nightmare! I have to think about the 4 healthy happy plants I have, and move on I think.

will update on end decision, still debating my options currently, but looking more and more like just restarting with stable/healthy genetics and a thriving environment.

Comment

• GreenAlchemist
      GreenAlchemist commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks all for the comments suggestions! I decided against neem oil, but did pick up some wettable sulphur powder, this will be my last shot at getting them healthy to flip.
      If this won’t do it, there’s no way I’ll get healthy/smokable buds with PM, and will clip/scrap plants to protect the next generation to come.
      Will post results shortly!

• GreenAlchemist
      GreenAlchemist commented
      Editing a comment
      alltatup I have, great read on proper IPM! The plus side to all of this at least, is I scored a huge amount of free knowledge about PM/spores, IPM and how to avoid in the future.
      As I always say (off the forum) “it only needs to happen once for you to never want it to happen again.”

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      GreenAlchemist This kind of experience is good for growers. We learn a lot about the environment we are working in, and how we need to tweak things to avoid the problem in the future. I totally respect how hard you have worked with these girls.

Neem not on buds!
    I used a pricey product called "Trifecta Crop Control", it is all natural, and claims to be safe all the way to harvest. It made no flavor change that I could tell in my finished buds. It worked for me, saved my crop
    What is the RH of your grow? Molds like warm moist air, I have this going on myself with plants in veg, I just cut it out and trim for air flow, good luck!

Comment

• GreenAlchemist
      GreenAlchemist commented
      Editing a comment
      I’ll give that a read, thanks for the suggestion!
      My Rh stays below 40%, but does spike to 50 for a half hour after foliar sprays. Other than that everything is pretty dialled in, awesome airflow, between 27 - 30C, outtake fan etc. I’ve been keepin up on clipping, but the new growth isn’t as protected as the older I sprayed, gotta fix that!

Update time:

We’re down, but we’re not out! Final shot at nuking PM.

Used wettable sulphur:
    mixed 1 TBSP to 1L of water and sprayed/drenched everything.
    Stalks, leaves (under and over) nodes, even putting the sprayer inside and twisting it in every direction to make sure we have 100% coverage with the solution.

(side note: wore protective goggles and HEPA mask, don’t want to get this stuff on/inside me, if you choose to spray sulphur like me, remember to wear your PPE)

Will wait one week and spray again to get full coverage on the new growth as well.

what a nightmare.. but honestly, really hoping to make this successful, and to make this a learning experience for anyone who wants to on GWE
    Attached Files

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      And the thing is, Alchie, they keep on looking fantastic, healthy, like they want to flower. These girls are working with you.

• GreenAlchemist
      GreenAlchemist commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks! Really appreciate the feedback, these girls are the real troopers here

Update:
    sprayed again last night with sulphur - to cover the new foliage that grew in.

brewing a compost tea tonight, and then top dressing amendments tomorrow to get ready for the flip!! Booyah!

environment has been doing awesome, and haven’t seen anything Mildew-ey, just a sulphur coat.

almost there..almost..

can’t wait to see how it goes!!! Like Christmas in July lol.

Comment

• DeadlyFruit
      DeadlyFruit commented
      Editing a comment
      Alchi I think you deserve a medal for best effort put into rescuing your adopted girls. The next time I have these types of problems I am coming to you for advice because I think you have now tried just about everything! 🙂

• GreenAlchemist
      GreenAlchemist commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks!! Really appreciate it hoping this forum thread can helps others out.
      Though I feel my girlfriend’s the real MVP in this one, with all the midnight spraying I’ve left the bed for, and time spent researching first thing In the morning with coffee, she’s been super understanding and supportive. I owe her a damn good dinner date! Ahah

• DeadlyFruit
      DeadlyFruit commented
      Editing a comment
      Support can get you through most things in life, cannabis or otherwise. Hold onto her, she’s a keeper!

Update: It’s time!!

Put them in a 24hr dark period before flipping (the idea is to minimize stress and flower a bit quicker)

Not sure if it will help alleviate the stress of flipping, but figured it can’t hurt.

after about 5 weeks of treatment, I couldn’t be happier to have finally hit the flip. Thank you ALL who stayed along with this journey and offered help/reassurance, this is what GWE is all about: the journey together!

I’ll continue to update/post on here weekly, taking them to the end

Comment

• PLreef
      PLreef commented
      Editing a comment
      Just out of curiosity how old were these when you flipped them?

• GreenAlchemist
      GreenAlchemist commented
      Editing a comment
      PLreef I wish I knew the total timeline, but probably around 9-10 weeks or so, I was gifted them and couldn’t even get an answer if they were indoors or outdoors, nutrients or anything :S
      I called it my flying blind grow lol

• PLreef
      PLreef commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks GreenAlchemist I appreciate the response.

Update:
    Week 1 finished, stepping into week 2

thought I’d share a photo of their stretch, starting to reach for the stars

Haven’t done a lot this week, but did topdressed the day before flip:

- 50-50% blend of Gaia green’s 444 and 284 (2tbsp per gallon)
    - 2 cups of earth worm castings
    - 1tbsp of insect frass
    - 1 tbsp of mycorrhizae
    - 1tbsp of diatomaceous earth
    watered in with an aerated compost tea

keeping an eye on everything but so far looking good! Environment is in check and still dialled in right

looking forward to that bud structure coming!
    Hope everyone’s enjoying their homegrown and keeping that environment / IPM in check

Attached Files

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      They look MAGNIFICENT!! This is so interesting and exciting to watch!!! They look really strong.

Update: close call!

somehow, last night my AC unit fell off the little stand, and disconnected from the outtake. It blew hot air on it’s side all night/morning.
    I had my Bluetooth off so I didn’t get an alert for the temperature raise it created.

when I finally went in today (16 hours later from when I assume it fell) it was 42C (107F).

immediately fixed it and put braces on the wheels to prevent a future fall again. Gave the girls water and immediately got oscillating air flowing throughout the room. It’s now at a comfortable temp/Rh, but that was close..

hoping it didn’t stress them too bad, also hoping it killed any PM spores left over in the tents.. PM can’t survive past 40C so it may be a blessing in disguise, but we’ll see..

-posted pictures below are the ac unit (fixed)
    -before and after the issue
    -and also just early flower shots (excited to see them start!)

hope everyone’s day is going better than mine so far lol. NOT how I wanted to come home after a tooth filling from the dentist.. plus side to this is my teeth are all good, so if this goes south with PM again I can make tons of sweet edibles ahaha
    Attached Files

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow, alchie, that's SCAREY!!! Hopefully it did not stress them out too much, as early as they are in flowering. Early on in my grow career (started July 2016), I didn't realize how hot it was getting inside my grow box, and the stress caused some hermie action which resulted in some seeds. But it was later in flower so the buds were already big and not too many seeds. I'm keepin my fingers crossed for you!!!

• GreenAlchemist
      GreenAlchemist commented
      Editing a comment
      @Puglover1
      I’m using the LG ac unit, has a built in dehu which comes in pretty handy! Though it has rollers on the bottom which caused the fall (I braced them this time to avoid another incident)

alltatup
      Super scary walking in, first reaction was the beginning of a fire (so much heat and a bit of a burn smell) was so relieved to see it wasn’t as serious as I thought. Fingers crossed as well!

• Puglover1
      Puglover1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks. I might need to buy a portable AC. I bought one that was used once but sold it to afford my last pug puppy. If you ever determine the strain my guess if Green Crack. I've had that, several years ago, I liked it. It's prone to WPM: https://wayofleaf.com/cannabis/strai...rijuana-strain

Just wanted to show a flower update;
    so far so good! God Bud in the smaller tent filled it out beautifully, starting to show some frost, has almost a grape candy smell to it! (Accidentally knocked a bud last night and the smell took me by surprise)

The WC really exploded on me, not as far developed bud-wise, but good node spacing, looking forward to the next month!

Hope everyone’s week is going well and relaxing, cheers!
    -GA- (Alchi)
    Attached Files

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      Alchie, YOU ARE THE KING OF ABANDONED PLANTS!!!!! They look fantastic. I am delighted to see how all of your hard work is paying off. Those are happy girls.

• GreenAlchemist
      GreenAlchemist commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks eh! Really appreciate it
      I’ve been very happy with the results, Glad I don’t have to do any more midnight IPM treatments lol

Update:
    Middle of week 5 flower

Going quite well, no hiccups or issues. Slight yellowing on the bottoms, so I gave them both a feeding of GH FloraNova Bloom.

“God” (smaller girl) is bulking up, awesome trichome production, crazy sweet smell, like fresh jellybeans.

“WC” (wedding cake I assume) is slow to go, but starting to get going, looking forward to the last half of flower and seeing what they can produce

I haven’t done much lately, just staying on top of watering/feeding, and keeping an eye on them.

Can’t wait to finish (as I have a full tent of vegged girls waiting to go into the flower room) gotta make a game plan for that soon aha. Cheers everyone!
    Attached Files

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      Wonderful news for you. They look great and will only get fatter, oh it's so hard being patient but so worth it.

Update:
    End of week 6

the God bud is healthy, budding and smelling fantastic,

sad news though in the WC, as I discovered a node infested with thrips. Cut/removed, bagged and trashed the node, but keeping an eye on the rest of WC.
    I’m past the point of being able to spray them, so I may need to cull this one to protect the others I have going, not the happiest with that, but whatever needs to happen to move forwards.
    hoping the rest stay pest free!
    Attached Files

Comment

Update:
      almost the end of week 7
      To my surprise, I cannot find anymore thrips / sign of pests on “WC” after removing problem node, may have caught it early enough but will continue to look over daily just incase (so she stays!)

”God” bud is looking like a few more weeks and she’s ready, I’ll check trichs in another 2 weeks and see how much longer.
      Did a topdress for both:
      2 Tbsp per Gallon, 7:3 ratio of 284 and 444 (Gaia)
      1Tbsp Insect Frass (Gaia)
      2 cups EWC
      2Tbsp diatomaceous earth (silica)

Added 2 new ladies into the flower room:
      2x Speed Bud (Early Misty X Ruderalis)
      They outgrew my veg space and couldn’t wait til the other tents were free, one started growing into the light and burned a bit, so it was time.
      bit of a busy day but glad to see it running smoothly
      Attached Files

Comment

• GreenAlchemist
        GreenAlchemist commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks, I found a few left over laminate flooring packs, and got a good deal (though it’s 2 different colours to finish the floor space, the price was right though so I don’t mind at all lol) I used to install the stuff, it’s really like big boy lego ahah.

Aw dang eh? How long did it flower for?

• Puglover1
        Puglover1 commented
        Editing a comment
        It was flowering in early June, I chopped the whole plant on July 19. It was 4 inches tall.

My nephew's brother works for a flooring place. He gave me big, square samples of thick wood flooring that I can stack to raise something in the closet.

• GreenAlchemist
        GreenAlchemist commented
        Editing a comment
        Was this an Autoflower?
        A month and a half sounds pretty quick for flowering stage, it sounds like it was just harvested early, I find a minimum of 8 weeks gives enough time for the buds to dense up and trichs to develop into cloudy heads, it’s the last 4 weeks of flower where things really pick up!

I only mention this because I grew “speed bud auto” before which boasted on their site “fastest seed to harvest plant at 35 days”, but honestly they finished after triple that time. I stopped listening to the breeders recommendation on harvest times, and started letting the plants tell me when they are ready, and they’ve all been much more dense / frosty than previous runs where I harvested on the breeders recommendation.

Just something to consider
        I hope we all can harvest the best of our genetics

Update:
      the 2 gifted girls are doing awesome,
      but one of the new “speed bud” plants turned out to be a male, thankfully it was early enough, so no pollen (thankfully!)

Cut down and removed from the grow space, first male I’ve gotten, so it was nice to be able to identify it early on. Thankfully the other is female, so I’ll just move forwards with her,
      hope everyone’s getting a good harvest this year!
      Cheers
      Attached Files

Comment

Alchie, I think it was done.
        Soil: Coast of Maine Stonington Blend, perlite; Seedlings: CoM org potting soil
        Indoor: 2 x 5.5 x 8' Closet grow
        Viparspectra XS2000; EnjoYield 220W full spectrum light added during flower
        Various size fabric grow bags
        Cal-Mag & GH Trio if needed; Flower Fuel & molasses during bloom; ReCharge
        4 clip fans. Exhaust into attic is vented to the eaves
        Current grow: DEAD FLOWERS

"Joker, smoker & midnight toker, I sure don't want to hurt no one"

Comment

End of week 9 flower:
          Harvest day for the God Bud! Happy to see this one finish strong, and bulk up.

spent the last hour trimming fan leafs and hanging to dry, can’t wait to see the finish result/final weight on this one!
          thanks everyone for your kind/helpful statements and advice, such a great community on here! Happy to see this grow is coming to a close, and can start again with better genetics
          Attached Files

Comment

• DeadlyFruit
            DeadlyFruit commented
            Editing a comment
            Can’t believe you finally made it! Looking good!

• UndergroundFarmer
            UndergroundFarmer commented
            Editing a comment
            What have you got lined up for your next grow with the better genetics?

• GreenAlchemist
            GreenAlchemist commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you all, it’ll be so rewarding when I can finally smoke these

My next run, I’m planning on either Black Amnesia Haze by Canuck seeds, or Gorilla Glue #4 Auto by Blimburn seeds, though it will be a little time before I can, as I still have a Green Crack - Canuck Seeds waiting to go into flower in my other room (it’s been vegging almost 14-15 weeks now.. healthy and big, but begging to flip to flower lately)
            This will have to wait til I can harvest my 4x4 tent as it outgrew the 3x3 size I just cleared up for it originally.
            Hoping the other girl finishes in the next few weeks to clear some good space

Final update:

Well.. what a ride!!!
          A huge shoutout to those who stayed and helped throughout this whole thread! it was a bumpy ride and quite the ordeal, but really happy to make it to the end.

Harvested the WC a little early (due to nanners) as I want to avoid it pollinating in my grow room, ended at the beginning of week 10. Would have liked to give it 3-4 more weeks honestly, but if it’s not so good I can always use it for bubble hash material.

The God Bud I just finished trimming up, and ended with a final weight of 88 grams of bud, and 40 grams of larf/shake, hoping the WC tips the 4oz mark

thanks again everyone for all the help, advice and positivity! Hope to start some new genetics soon and start a new official grow journal.
          Have a great autumn/harvest!!
          Attached Files

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X