No announcement yet.

OG Group

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok time to admit it. I'm old. Been lurking here for a while now might as well introduce myself. Names 2fast. I'm 50....ish. grew up on a farm to a blue collar dad who was a part time commercial waterman. How's that for a combo. Our high school had a horticultural department and I had to take a lot of burner classes so I spent half of my junior year in the greenhouse. Built my own when I was 11. Always grew my own veggies. Been growing this "veggie" for........awhile. mostly outdoors until recently.
    Been playing with different strains now that I can. One thing about mid Atlantic summers. Way too hot and humid for anything but heavy sativa leaning strains outside. Indoors I can grow anything. My last run one of the three plants was black cream which is 90% indica and she did great. Look forward to chatting with you old coots. Stay off my lawn. Where's my poking stick?

Comment

• BU2B
      BU2B commented
      Editing a comment
      Welcome Going2fast We've been waiting on you! I see you're relatively new to GWE if you have questions or need help or even just want to show off your grow and give other growers a thumbs up from time to time - you've come to the right place. ALL OG Group members have opened their accounts up for private messages so if you'd like to chat or there's anything we can do to make your time here on GWE better or help with plant issues please don't hesitate to give any of us a shout. We don't really have a 'leader' I'm just the one with the biggest mouth.

Fridays NORML News:

South Dakota: Lawmakers Seek to Repeal Vote Permitting Home Cultivation ... Details
    09/08/21 1:32pm UTC
    Texas: Expansions to Medical Cannabis Access Law Take Effect Details
    09/07/21 7:30pm UTC
    California: State NORML Affiliate Recommends Voting ‘No’ on Gubernatorial Recall Details
    09/07/21 5:21pm UTC
    Colorado: State NORML Affiliate Urges ‘No’ Vote on Ballot Proposal ... Details

Repeal Prohibition: Tell your Representative to support the historic MORE Act
    Take Action »
    Tell President Biden: Follow through on your commitment to expunge marijuana records
    Take Action »
    Senate Showdown: Tell your Senators to engage in forthcoming legislative efforts
    Take Action »
    Veterans' Access: Urge your lawmakers to pass the Veterans Medical Marijuana Safe Harbor Act
    Take Action »

Last edited by BU2B; 09-10-2021, 10:07 AM.
    "I can't stop thinking big, I can't stop thinking big. In a world where I feel so small. I can't stop thinking big." Caravan | RUSH
    GWE4ME

Comment

Friday's NORML News:
      Canada: Marijuana Legalization Not Associated with Upticks in Vehicular Accidents Resulting in Emergency Room Visits
      Authors found "no evidence" that legalization was associated with short-term changes in traffic safety.

Virginia: Botanical Medical Cannabis Sales Begin Details
      09/15/21 8:53pm UTC
      An Update on Statewide 2022 Marijuana Reform Ballot Initiative Efforts Details
      09/15/21 3:28pm UTC
      New Jersey: Courts Expunge Over 360,000 Marijuana Cases Details
      09/14/21 2:35pm UTC
      Live with NORML: Federal Policy Discussion 9/13/2021 Details
      09/13/21 9:50pm UTC
      California: Lawmakers Advance Legislation Providing for Medical Cannabis ... Details
      09/13/21 1:41pm UTC
      Last edited by BU2B; 09-19-2021, 05:10 AM.
      "I can't stop thinking big, I can't stop thinking big. In a world where I feel so small. I can't stop thinking big." Caravan | RUSH
      GWE4ME

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0551.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	740.6 KB
ID:	537806
        This is the latest from one of my Tangies. I've seen leaf petiole mutations on most of the plants and even a small bud growing on one of them.
        Flower tent:
        4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2. Purple Kush, Sweet Zombie, two Cloud Walkers and Purple Urkle in flower.

3x3 tent, Platinum P300 LED. Wedding Cake and Pineapple Express drying.

Coconut Grove: Vegging Northern Lights, Larry's Lemon OG, Banana Blaze, Alien Technology, Romulan, Expert Gorilla and Alien Rock Candy fem photos in a 4x4 tent under a Platinum P4-XML2 LED.

Nursery: 32"x32" tent with T-5 fluorescent panel. Expert MAC-1, Blueberry, Jack Herer, Peyote Z-z, GDP, Orange Cookies x Nicole, G-13 and Chocolate Mint OG.

Coco/Perlite/worm castings/mycorrhizae mix.
        Down-To-Earth dry amendments.

On deck: Tuna God, Bubba God or OG Kush for seed plus assorted feminized seeds. I might even try my Blueberry Kolache F1s. Have over 1000 homegrown Ghost Train Haze seeds and hundreds of Skunk #1 and Blueberry available for trade.

Comment

Got a nice East wind to O'Day. Look at all that free soil amendment. Once the tide goes out I will get to filling the compost bin. And freakshow is starting to get that the end is near fade. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210921_162804508_BURST000_COVER.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	3.56 MB
ID:	537965Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210921_162839407.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	6.32 MB
ID:	537966Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210921_163421104_BURST001.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	5.76 MB
ID:	537967

Comment

Well heck old growers heres some oldies as long as it's show an tell now i'll chime in.
            Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
            indoor/outdoor grower
            1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
            1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
            I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
            Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
            Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
            Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Love the coffee jugs. They look healthy and happy.

Comment

Friday's NORML News: 10.01.21

Press Release: Key Congressional Committee Advances Bill To Repeal ... Details
                09/30/21 6:56pm UTC
                California: Governor Signs Measure into Law Allowing Medical Cannabis Use ... Details
                09/29/21 5:22pm UTC
                Mississippi: Lawmakers Request Special Session to Address Medical Marijuana Access Details
                09/28/21 11:47am UTC
                Los Angeles: District Attorney to Vacate Some 60,000 Marijuana Convictions Details
                09/27/21 7:57pm UTC
                Kansas City, MO: City Council Approves Measure Eliminating Pre-Employment Marijuana ... Details
                09/24/21 5:58pm UTC
                House Advances SAFE Banking Act as Part of the Must-Pass NDAA Details
                09/24/21 4:20pm UTC
                FBI Report: Marijuana Arrests Plunge More Than 30 Percent in 2020
                NORML's Erik Altieri: "While these numbers represent a historic decline in arrests, even one person being put into handcuffs for the simple possession of marijuana is too many."
                Last edited by BU2B; 10-01-2021, 03:26 AM.
                GWE4ME

Comment

Welcome new OG Group member Going2fast
                  Now that I've somewhat come to my senses and realized his initial introduction WAS his resume
                  With the official addition of Going2fast we are up to OVER 650 years of life experience divided among 12 AMAZING OG Group Members!
                  Una ves mas! Mi respecto e amor! Thanks for all you do to make GWE the best cannabis resource community on the planet!
                  GWE4ME

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20211003_192348327_BURST000_COVER.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	2.41 MB
ID:	540582Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20211003_192402092_BURST000_COVER.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	2.36 MB
ID:	540583Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20211003_192803383_HDR.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	3.06 MB
ID:	540584

Comment

Well hello there fellow seasoned vets. I'm going to draw on this 650 years of knowledge here and see what y'all think if this. Sour stomper is stacking up like crazy. Great vigor on this strain .but what do y'all think of this reddish veining I'm getting in a few of the newer leaves. Name that deficiency.

Comment

• BU2B
                        BU2B commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I'm voting for Zinc deficiency - turns the leaves yellow but leaves the veins green & generally affects new growth at the top of the plant.

• grouchyoldman
                        grouchyoldman commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Yellow tips on some of those leaves and general blanching of the uppers could be the beginning of light burn. I saw the same thing on my current grow and adjusted the light levels down to 40 DLI at the tops. That stopped it but didn't reverse the blanching. Mine were about as far into flowering as yours based on the pics. I'd try that before adjusting your nutes.

Possibly zinc or manganese.both it seems are caused by too high ph which could be the case. I'm thinking her roots got down into the compost and the seaweed makes it alkaline. I was hoping the soil would buffer it. Going to drop the pH in their water to 6 for a few days and see how she reacts. I'm trying to get better at heading off problems before they get severe but the diagnosis is the hard part.

Comment

Fridays NORML News:

New York: Regulators Approve Patients' Access to Medical Cannabis Flower Details
                        10/06/21 3:14pm UTC
                        Ohio: Voters in These Cities Will Decide on Marijuana Decriminalization ... Details
                        10/05/21 8:55pm UTC
                        Washington: New Rule Expands the Pool of Those Eligible for Marijuana Business Licenses Details
                        10/04/21 4:05pm UTC
                        South Dakota: Legislative Committee Votes to Rescind Home Grow Rights ... Details
                        10/01/21 2:46pm UTC
                        Connecticut: Medical Marijuana Home Grow Law Takes Effect Details
                        10/01/21 11:11am UTC
                        Bill to Repeal Marijuana Prohibition Passes Critical House Committee Details
                        9/30/21 4:20pm UTC
                        GWE4ME

Comment

• Ckbrew
                          Ckbrew commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Feel free to be as critical as u want of US politics, but I don't want to go there in this forum. As far as ending the federal prohibition it is all politics at this point.

• BU2B
                          BU2B commented
                          Editing a comment
                          DeadlyFruit the issue of legislation without representation will always be a constant battle. In my state medical passed 3 times before it was implemented as it was designed, the legislature would change things after the fact ... like having to pick up your medical cannabis at the local sheriffs office! We learned to play their game and passed legislation that STOPPED the legislature from radically changing approved public initiatives. Some state legislatures have voted on their own to represent the will of the people and have legalized or decriminalized adult cannabis use and cultivation without even requiring a vote. Other's still afraid that the sky will fall are doing all they can to hinder and/or slow the inevitable. I do believe that national decriminalization is a train that can't be stopped. National legalization is an entirely different ballgame. IF the best we can hope for in the near future is for cannabis decriminalization and getting it removed from the schedule 1 drug list so that the penalties for the crime are as frivolous in nature as the crime - that works for me. But this BS of losing your house, job, family, friends and the constant threat of incarceration has got to stop! [my opinion]

• DeadlyFruit
                          DeadlyFruit commented
                          Editing a comment
                          BU2B I think your opinion is very solid and it does have to stop! And seriously, pick it up at the sheriffs office??? Talk about trying to create a walk of shame to embarrass people and increase stigmatization. In fairness we tried for decades to legalize in Canada before it finally happened so I really shouldn’t throw stones, but I just couldn’t believe a government would go in the opposite direction to the one indicated by 70% of people who voted. That seems like a great way to lose the next election.

Friday’s NORML News 15 October, 2021

New NORML Report Highlights Concerns Regarding Sale of Unregulated Delta-8 THC, Similar Products Details
                        10/13/21 2:20pm UTC
                        House Veterans Affairs Committee Considers Marijuana Research Bill Details
                        10/13/21 12:38am UTC
                        New York: Regulators Approve Patients’ Access to Medical Cannabis Flower Details
                        10/06/21 3:14pm UTC
                        Ohio: Voters in These Cities Will Decide on Marijuana Decriminalization Measures ... Details
                        10/05/21 4:20pm UTC
                        GWE4ME

Comment

I know, I know...doesn't seem like 3 weeks to me either lol I just decided to go for it... If I don't post it here, it's likely no one else will either. So here goes...

The All in One - NORML NEWS, SATURDAY's SONG & Keeping us Current post: Friday 22, October, 2021

South Dakota: Six Months Later, Supreme Court Still Silent on Marijuana Legalization Vote Details
                          10/21/21 3:55pm UTC
                          New York: Employers Are Prohibited from Testing Most Employees for Cannabis Details
                          10/19/21 9:22pm UTC
                          Senate Spending Proposal Removes 'DC Rider,' Maintains Existing State Medical ... Details
                          10/19/21 3:47am UTC
                          Mississippi: Governor Still Hasn't Called a Special Session to Address Medical Marijuana Details
                          10/18/21 8:17pm UTC

SATURDAY'S Selected Song: Redemption Song featuring both Bob & Stephen Marley and Presto! by RUSH

Keeping us Current:
                          This week was an interesting week at GWE to say the least. Two posts in particular seemed to set off a firestorm of comments. Both were from sunny London and both caused many people to jump in when it may have been best to keep quiet. I almost made it out unscathed.... but just HAD TO pop in that one post. Though my comment was really one of incredulity it turned into something much more. With some regular members upvoting comments questioning my sincerity and 'perceived wisdom". I should have kept my mouth shut, but I didn't. Even though what I stated was an opinion, it was an opinion based on fact. I certainly hope we have not gotten to the point that someone's opinion is of no value if they have not experienced the circumstance first hand. If that's the case, throw out the book and we start each day from the bedrock. I have always tried my best to be considerate, to keep opinions based on beliefs to myself, and to help as much as is possible. my apologies to ANY who have perceived it any other way. I have a long way to go to be the person I want to be, but that doesn't mean I get to stop trying when someone steps on my toes. Thanks to all of you for your patience in putting up with me.
                          LA
                          SA
                          CNS

On a different note: Many of you get the Seedsman newsletter due to signing up or past purchases. In this weeks newsletter there is an excellent story on defoliation and the production of cannabinoids - for those who haven't read the article - Here's the Link: Does Pruning Boost Cannabinoid Levels? - Seedsman Blog
                          Last edited by BU2B; 10-22-2021, 11:37 PM.
                          GWE4ME

Comment

• TOKABIGONE
                            TOKABIGONE commented
                            Editing a comment
                            My dear friend BU2B I am so sorry you feel you must bear this burden of guilt with really no reason. That whole thing was nothing more than mob violence one post at a time. It was ignited by one insecure thoughtless person but with a single spark a firestorm raged for days. I can't even read it anymore as I get too disgusted! Too much vehemence and downright hatred being expressed. Almost like a Salem witch hunt and just as harmful. If the OP was a troll; he was a good one. I apologize to all for my part and for returning for more. The veneer of civilization is very thin in places! Peace!

• Ckbrew
                            Ckbrew commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Hey BU2B imo things went really sideways here last week. The post you refer to I saw some genuine concerns for a person who at first appeared to be genuinely ignorant the potential danger. Unfortunately it devolved into downright arrogance and ignorance. If done on purpose or by accident, who knows. There was another post that started as an attack on the entire community. The opening was uncalled for. What I find interesting is that the thread mostly forgot the literalness of the OP and started to refer to it in a joking manner. It then took off on so many tangents that if one started in the middle they would have no idea what started all of that. I believe that this is just part of the current state of the web that has been created where people can say things with zero accountability for themselves. I don't know if this is more of a comment on the web or of people in general and what they are capable of when they go unfiltered. In the same thread one could see both nastiness, compassion, concern, disregard, and some creativity- I rarely write poetry. I think I am starting to ramble. My point is, when dealing with people who are unfiltered there are bound to be some feelings stepped on. Please don't take it on a personal level. We all have to put up with the chaff when looking to bring in the harvest. I can't speak for anyone else here, I value your knowledge an opinion, and it is not that difficult to tell who knows what they are speaking of and those who do not. Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

• TOKABIGONE
                            TOKABIGONE commented
                            Editing a comment
                            All too true Ck! Next time this happens I hope I have the resolve to hit the flag button and turn my back. There is too much good here for it to be sullied by this kind of nonsense!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                        X